Author Topic: TPMS Replacement  (Read 2327 times)

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
Re: TPMS Replacement
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2020, 05:49:56 AM »
Looking to get an idea of what the TPMS replacement cost would be? Are both the front and the back sensors the same part number 21176-0748? I figure a bike shop would be pretty expensive even if I bring them the tires.

If you're good with soldering small electronics, you can replace the TPMS internal batteries pretty easily. I replaced both on my 08 and it worked great. Tire change time is the best time to do that or you'll have to bread &  remove at least one bead on each wheel. There are a couple of YouTube videos on TOMS Battery replacement.
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: TPMS Replacement
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2020, 06:12:30 AM »
Sure, you must check if the FoBo is running and I do it myself every time when I need to ride.

Yuck :)

I don't know what is Android Auto

Go to the Play Store and download/install it...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead

If your phone is mounted on the bike, you should seriously consider using it.  It is the interface designed for use when driving, but is not installed by default.  It:

* Lowers distractions & increases safety
* Gives a simplified menu
* Increases font sizes and button sizes
* Enables quick/auto responses
* Modifies Maps for driving enhancements
* Remembers and restores driving-specific settings automatically
* Adjusts contrast/lighting to match day/night
* Can auto-launch if it detects driving or linking to anything on the vehicle
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc