Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672159 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1120 on: November 12, 2013, 04:13:43 PM »
Wedge.  Buddy rode down to Socal a few weeks ago, rained on him until he was clear of Orygun (left from Tacoma WA), he was wearing his 'Stitch, Shoei, Hippo Hands on the bars, and the only thing that stayed dry were his boots.  Yep, I'm sold.  Small enough to fit under the pants legs, heavy leather, easy on and off, and they don't make you look like ricky racer.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1121 on: November 12, 2013, 04:24:52 PM »
Thanks. Really interested in allday comfort after breakin.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1122 on: November 12, 2013, 09:03:13 PM »
Hiring people on CL is a crap shoot. The first one (after looking at several replies from totally unqualified people) worked the first day, said he liked the job and never came back. Lent him a cell phone which I will never see again. The second one (after many replies as above) came in for an interview, said great, see you in the AM. Never showed up. His wife answered the phone and had no idea where he went at 6 AM. Third one is supposed to show up at 9 AM tomorrow. We'll see.....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1123 on: November 12, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
It works both ways; I spoke with a gentleman with whom I thought I could do business that would be beneficial to both of us. He set a date to call me back Sat. so we could work on the NDA's and so forth- according to my sundial, Saturday is almost over and in 40 minutes it will be Wednesday. People are same all over; no dignity, no pride, not even close to being forthright. But nevertheless, I will not stoop to their level and continue to conduct business as fairly and evenhandedly as I know how to do.

Brian

Hiring people on CL is a crap shoot. The first one (after looking at several replies from totally unqualified people) worked the first day, said he liked the job and never came back. Lent him a cell phone which I will never see again. The second one (after many replies as above) came in for an interview, said great, see you in the AM. Never showed up. His wife answered the phone and had no idea where he went at 6 AM. Third one is supposed to show up at 9 AM tomorrow. We'll see.....
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1124 on: November 12, 2013, 10:27:53 PM »
It works both ways; I spoke with a gentleman with whom I thought I could do business that would be beneficial to both of us. He set a date to call me back Sat. so we could work on the NDA's and so forth- according to my sundial, Saturday is almost over and in 40 minutes it will be Wednesday. People are same all over; no dignity, no pride, not even close to being forthright. But nevertheless, I will not stoop to their level and continue to conduct business as fairly and evenhandedly as I know how to do.

Brian

Amen. Wanna job?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1125 on: November 13, 2013, 04:31:36 AM »
Amen. Wanna job?

:rotflmao:

Did you try calling the guy who has your phone?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1126 on: November 13, 2013, 06:08:35 AM »
Maybe. Are you honest, hard- working, forthright and filled with dignity?

Oh yeah, and are you willing to travel?

Brian

Amen. Wanna job?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1127 on: November 13, 2013, 06:09:12 AM »
Sorry Conrad, missed that one....?

Brian

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1128 on: November 13, 2013, 08:59:09 AM »
Sorry Conrad, missed that one....?

Brian

I was laughing about the job reply and the phone question was for Gsun, see post #1122.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1129 on: November 13, 2013, 10:56:15 PM »

Yup. All I got was my own voicemail!

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1130 on: November 13, 2013, 10:58:12 PM »
The third guy never showed up.  >:( Called a fourth and he was over for a talk in 20 minutes. See if he shows up in the AM.....

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1131 on: November 15, 2013, 11:11:40 AM »
Earned my first performance award in a long while this morning. Crossing the Bay Bridge in SF this morning in my Mustang. caught me doing 71 in a 50 which is quite common of all traffic crossing the bridge, however that's no excuse. Had to cross all the way to Treasure Island before he had me pull off. Very polite CHP on a BMW Moto. Wrote me up for 71 in a 65. Very nice gesture, sincrerely, thanks officer. Had me back on my way, with my new performance award. Oh well.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Son of Pappy

« Reply #1132 on: November 15, 2013, 11:41:28 AM »
Will need a report on the boots. What sole did you get?
Working nicely, got called in to cover a BRC class yesterday.  It was wet , feet stayed dry and relatively speaking comfortable.  Ride home I felt a bit of a pinch in the ankle area, but to be expected until they are truly broke in, which these boots really do require.  No instant tennis shoe feeling with these boots.  More to come as I wear them more often, but I think these will become my street boot of choice.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1133 on: November 15, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »
Earned my first performance award in a long while this morning. Crossing the Bay Bridge in SF this morning in my Mustang. caught me doing 71 in a 50 which is quite common of all traffic crossing the bridge, however that's no excuse. Had to cross all the way to Treasure Island before he had me pull off. Very polite CHP on a BMW Moto. Wrote me up for 71 in a 65. Very nice gesture, sincrerely, thanks officer. Had me back on my way, with my new performance award. Oh well.

No radar detector for the cage?

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1134 on: November 15, 2013, 12:03:18 PM »
Yes, but I almost never use it for commuting because everone drives like maniacs here.
Plus he got me from behind on Lidar.
Hard to catch that.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1135 on: November 15, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »
Oops.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1136 on: November 15, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »
Working nicely, got called in to cover a BRC class yesterday.  It was wet , feet stayed dry and relatively speaking comfortable.  Ride home I felt a bit of a pinch in the ankle area, but to be expected until they are truly broke in, which these boots really do require.  No instant tennis shoe feeling with these boots.  More to come as I wear them more often, but I think these will become my street boot of choice.
Thanks for the update.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1137 on: November 15, 2013, 02:25:23 PM »
Wait a minute, are there all Canadians you are dealing with? If so then......

;D

Brian

The third guy never showed up.  >:( Called a fourth and he was over for a talk in 20 minutes. See if he shows up in the AM.....

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1138 on: November 24, 2013, 10:46:34 PM »
So I was given a book set a while ago; a bit of an American classic: 'The Civil War  A Narrative' by Shelby Foote. It is a three volume, hard cover set (I am in the second book and things are beginning to turn). But the interesting thing is that this American classics, about perhaps the most pivotal event in all of American history, and unique to America..... was printed in China.

Now I understand why that happened- it was cheaper that way and we consumers want the lowest possible prices. So blame aside, I still have to shake my head at the irony of the people who printed this fantastic work could not read any of it.

Things that make you say 'uhmmmmmm'.

Brian

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1139 on: November 25, 2013, 04:06:46 AM »
At least you didn't get the Engrish version.