Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456724 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #980 on: April 17, 2015, 05:19:22 AM »
Could be.  That shelf is getting crowded.  I've had to add more shelves.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #981 on: April 19, 2015, 12:36:26 AM »
As background, I'm 38 and have been in service 20 years, married for 17 to the same woman with 2 kids. I don't drink regularly but I do enjoy an adult beverage now and again. I've been drunk maybe once in the past year, 3 or 4 times in the past decade. Always have a plan and never touch a drop outside my home or without knowing some I trust implicitly is there as my wingman.

Because a couple of dumb-asses stationed 4 hours from me got DUIs, our Wing is going to go on General Order 1, NO ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #982 on: April 19, 2015, 06:03:41 AM »
Sounds like the decision makers have has much sense as the dumbass DUIs.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #983 on: April 19, 2015, 07:25:16 AM »
Prohibition failed some time back....with disastrous consequences...  I agree with Gary...punishing the entire Wing does not make any sense.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #984 on: April 20, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
As background, I'm 38 and have been in service 20 years, married for 17 to the same woman with 2 kids. I don't drink regularly but I do enjoy an adult beverage now and again. I've been drunk maybe once in the past year, 3 or 4 times in the past decade. Always have a plan and never touch a drop outside my home or without knowing some I trust implicitly is there as my wingman.

Because a couple of dumb-asses stationed 4 hours from me got DUIs, our Wing is going to go on General Order 1, NO ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION.

For ever? You get assigned to that wing you have to give up beer for the duration? Your out with the wife for dinner you can't have a glass of wine or a beer?

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #985 on: April 20, 2015, 09:23:42 AM »
I would tell them you don't ride a Wing, you ride a C14.  :o
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #986 on: April 20, 2015, 11:13:06 AM »
For ever? You get assigned to that wing you have to give up beer for the duration? Your out with the wife for dinner you can't have a glass of wine or a beer?

We don't know how long yet, hopefully no longer than a month or so. If they go with a 90 day thing it'll run through July 4th, which will not be cool.

No beer or wine at dinner, no exceptions. Sorry for your luck.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #987 on: April 21, 2015, 12:30:41 PM »
I would probably have to contact a JAG lawyer. I don't believe that is a lawful order.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #988 on: April 21, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »
I would probably have to contact a JAG lawyer. I don't believe that is a lawful order.

Its lawful, just sucks.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #989 on: April 21, 2015, 11:01:26 PM »
And tonight, I ran out of brandy :-(   All out of cheap Scotch too so I am making do with Dimple Pinch. Almost forgot how much I like the stuff, and the best part is it does not need to be cut with water and ice to hide the nasty undertones. Nice stuff....

Sorry, not trying to rub anyone's nose in 'it'.

Brian

Its lawful, just sucks.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #990 on: April 22, 2015, 04:16:07 AM »
A little over a month ago, I suffered from an extreme bout of stomach flu.  Coincidentally, I also had a martini that night.  I still can't look at a Vodka bottle.  I am however easing back into drinking again with beer.  I just have no urge to drink anything stronger than beer these days.  This makes me crazy and annoyed.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #991 on: April 22, 2015, 04:40:39 AM »
A little over a month ago, I suffered from an extreme bout of stomach flu.  Coincidentally, I also had a martini that night.  I still can't look at a Vodka bottle.  I am however easing back into drinking again with beer.  I just have no urge to drink anything stronger than beer these days.  This makes me crazy and annoyed.

That IS a strange coincidence indeed! 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #992 on: April 22, 2015, 04:58:40 AM »
Pisses me off, it does.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #993 on: April 22, 2015, 07:48:03 AM »
I try to eat right as I don't want to pack on the pounds like I've done before. As far as I'm concerned,  creme filled donuts are the perfect breakfast food and chocolate cake is one of the 4 main food groups.

The grocery store near my house is set up so you have to walk thru the bakery department to get to the dairy products.  >:(   Thats like having to walk thru the Playboy mansion to get to my wife! The struggle is real!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #994 on: April 22, 2015, 09:51:22 AM »

That is annoying.
It takes a lot more volume of beer to get the same effect as a good distilled beverage.
Although beer must be natures perfect food because I have known many to survive on a diet of nothing else. 
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #995 on: April 22, 2015, 02:04:33 PM »
And tonight, I ran out of brandy :-(   All out of cheap Scotch too so I am making do with Dimple Pinch. Almost forgot how much I like the stuff, and the best part is it does not need to be cut with water and ice to hide the nasty undertones. Nice stuff....

Sorry, not trying to rub anyone's nose in 'it'.

Brian

No worries, I took a couple days of leave. I'm in Rome to run a Spartan race on Saturday so I have yet to receive any 'official' word.  ;D

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #996 on: April 22, 2015, 02:06:31 PM »

I drank a bit too much tequila one night almost 20 years ago, still can stand the sight of a bottle of the stuff, much less the taste.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #997 on: April 22, 2015, 02:18:13 PM »
I have that problem with Gin.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #998 on: April 23, 2015, 04:38:27 AM »
I have that problem with Gin.

You keep running out?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #999 on: April 23, 2015, 05:00:19 AM »
Can't stand the smell of it..  Drank a lot in HS and with my future father-in-law after work.