Author Topic: The VA path to destroying the 2A  (Read 1418 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
The VA path to destroying the 2A
« on: January 17, 2020, 07:28:51 AM »
Watching, with horror, as my once-rational state is turning into the likes of Maryland, New York, New Jersey, California, and others.  Despite an astonishing 134 localities (98% so far) passing resolutions to be "second amendment supporting" areas over the last 6 weeks, the insanity began, and quickly.

First they ban the good CCP's from the general assembly buildings.  Then 4 gun control bills sail through the Senate committee with a rigged galley and little discussion allowed.  Then the governor claims a "state of emergency" and "temporarily" bans all guns and weapons from all the outdoor grounds of the capitol, to ensure Lobby Day and the peaceful Rally held every year are futher ruined (which is this coming Monday).  Then the Senate passes three of the bills:

1) "Universal Background Checks" as a first step so the government can then create a registration scheme so they can later confiscate.  At least they added some sane exceptions, like with close family, loaning at gun ranges, those with a concealed permit, etc.

2) One-gun-a-month, which has been proven numerous times (despite common sense) to do nothing to reduce the flow of illegal sales and mostly only affect good people.  At least it is fairly innocuous.

3) And the worst, so far: Gun preemption-gutting law to allow localities to turn any or all permit-required event (protests, parades, gatherings, vigils, etc) in/on any public space (buildings, roads, parks, property) into zones where only criminals and bad people can/will carry guns, leaving everyone else unprotected.  Because, you know, criminals and bad people will, of course, follow such laws while at the same time ignoring all the other laws that have been around forever that already prevent them from carrying (while NOT penalizing good people).

The only one delayed being the "red flag" bill, which obviously violates numerous State and Federal Constitutional protections.  But it is sure to move through, eventually.

And all this in just the first WEEK.  I have no doubt those bills will sail through the House just as easily.  And many more such laws are coming, too, that are far worse.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: The VA path to destroying the 2A
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 02:44:04 PM »
...and how did all those dims get control of the state?...you all elected them. Sorry comrade. Good luck.

Sent from the PR of IL.  :(

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 04:10:38 PM »
...and how did all those dims get control of the state?...you all elected them.

Well, certainly not "all."  Only a little more than half.  Enough relocators from other places, apparently.... the same thing that is happening to Texas.

Sorry comrade. Good luck.  Sent from the PR of IL.  :( 

Thanks, I know there are those out there who can sympathize.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 04:53:13 PM »
I have a feeling if they try to outlaw and confiscate guns from otherwise law abiding citizens, they will have to collect a lot of amo first. After all, if you make someone a criminal for not giving up something they bought and possessed legally, one would not be any more of a criminal for protecting themselves with force from those trying to take those rights away.

Had I not lost all my firearms in a tragic boating accident last year, I would have no issue using my firearms to protect myself from anyone trespassing on my posted property trying to take what is legally mine!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 05:39:27 PM »
I have a feeling if they try to outlaw and confiscate guns from otherwise law abiding citizens, they will have to collect a lot of amo first. After all, if you make someone a criminal for not giving up something they bought and possessed legally, one would not be any more of a criminal for protecting themselves with force from those trying to take those rights away.

Had I not lost all my firearms in a tragic boating accident last year, I would have no issue using my firearms to protect myself from anyone trespassing on my posted property trying to take what is legally mine!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :goodpost: :thumbs: :hail:

I kinda agree, here in Ohio we have some interest; back in '89 some really dumb laws were "tried", but owners quashed that rapidly... like minded folks that did their own reloading in mass quantities, kept anyone from knowing "just how much" ammo was ever sitting in storage... we had the same "multi purchase/per month thing", but it was just a formality, and only time it mattered was when you "bought new" from a dealership... we were not restricted to 1 a month, but they had to "report" a multi purchase...(red flag?) didn't matter if you were a "non criminal", so it was only a formality... we also had every "store/dealer" purchase backed by a mandatory background check... again, no big deal... fast and simple; and actually non invasive.
Haven't purchased any lately, after moving back here from Virginia, where I lived for 10 years, but nothing much changed here. During life in Virginia, up to my move in '11, the "laws" as Max had quoted, were actually in effect all along, specifically the first 2 laws, telephone background check from the dealership had a 1 hour response, (and, if the dealership had sold a gun to you prior, and the response didn't come back within 2 hours, they could actually sell you the firearm, and you were good... if they got a "bad person" response, after that point, they were liable... but you were also, so ... ); and the multi gun purchase was always a restriction.... even then. Been "one per calendar month" for decades now. Now, if they changed the law pertaining to "household/spouses" I cant say... (as that was something my wife and I had in common, and would have ruined my father in laws birthday presents, as I had to buy them, because my wife always bought me cool toys..really love that woman...  :P   and the damned  "Venusian's" took them all.... honest...  )

Va, has "always been" a hot bed, dating back to the gun shows around '03-'04, where sales were made by private folks, and dealers alike; When the BATF decided to involve local LEO's in the pursuit of "straw purchases" (supposedly), and photographed, collected documents, and actually went to households where people lived, and "poked" folks, (totally improper, and illegally).. it was a big issue... after the first 2 Gun show "incidents" of that nature, in Richmond, that was all tossed in the basket, and became "forbidden procedure" statewide.
Real bummer, just as with your boating accident, ( hope it didn't happen on the way home from the gunshow in In Mechanicsville or Doswell, when you were going back to "home" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ), all of my stuff was taken the last time we (my wife and I), had a Visit from the interplanetary "Venusian's"... when they landed, and probed us... so, we have no guns...or ammo.... that's my story if asked....   :rotflmao: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 06:20:32 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 06:20:06 PM »
Washington State is running in this same direction.

Another new bill pending is to arbitrarily expand Gun Free Zones (otherwise known as FREE-FIRE ZONES). 

Has no one ever noticed that mass shootings don't happen at gun ranges, or any other place where a whole bunch of people are armed?  They only happen where NO ONE HAS A GUN.  :o
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 06:22:17 PM »
Washington State is running in this same direction.

Another new bill pending is to arbitrarily expand Gun Free Zones (otherwise known as FREE-FIRE ZONES). 

Has no one ever noticed that mass shootings don't happen at gun ranges, or any other place where a whole bunch of people are armed?  They only happen where NO ONE HAS A GUN.  :o

well, it doesn't happen in a church, in Texas... thank GOD...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 06:39:59 AM »
Getting ready for going to the capitol Lobby Day tomorrow, along with a friend (like I do every year).  Will be the coldest day of the year so far, have to drive 200 miles, probably endless lines, somewhat concerned about "foreigners" invading it (non-Virginians looking for trouble, like what happened in Charlottesville, which has NEVER been an issue before at Lobby Day), and giving up my holiday.

Not sure it will make one iota of a difference, but not going would surely be exactly what "they" want us to do.  Curious to see how many will show.  A lot of eyes will be on Richmond tomorrow...

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 04:19:42 PM »
Exactly my thought- not sure if it will do any good, but not going (to any political / "orientated" event) is certainly negative.

I live in an extremely liberal state, very second amendment non- friendly and yet I always show up at any 2A orientated meetings at the state house. Funny thing is that 'we' (pro 2A) people always greatly outnumber 'them' (the Mad Mommies, etc.). And so far, we have not had much of any anti 2A legislation pass though a huge amount is introduced each year. So in retrospect, it appears that the public showing does make a difference although of course there is no way to measure or quantify that. What I do believe though is that if there was not an active, responsive and dedicated group to put in the appearances at least some of the recent legislation would have been passed already.

Our first state house 'turnout' happens this Thursday and again, we will see what happens and how many show up.

Brian

Getting ready for going to the capitol Lobby Day tomorrow, along with a friend (like I do every year).  Will be the coldest day of the year so far, have to drive 200 miles, probably endless lines, somewhat concerned about "foreigners" invading it (non-Virginians looking for trouble, like what happened in Charlottesville, which has NEVER been an issue before at Lobby Day), and giving up my holiday.

Not sure it will make one iota of a difference, but not going would surely be exactly what "they" want us to do.  Curious to see how many will show.  A lot of eyes will be on Richmond tomorrow...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 04:58:23 PM »
max, has the reeducated/rehabilitated Gov'na Blackface freaked and declared martial law and called out the Guard yet?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 05:48:39 PM »
From VA Senators' facebook page....
https://www.facebook.com/Chase4Senate/posts/2840596102672514

Senator Amanda Chase
January 17 at 6:44 AM ·
Sadly, I am posting this, knowing that the Governor of Virginia has declared a State of Emergency in our state.

I want you to be aware of how we are being set up.

Does the Patriot Act ring a bell?

Does the National Defense Authorization Act ring a bell?

If people show up wearing any kind of uniform, patch or other symbol on their clothing signifying they belong to a militia and something goes wrong, you could/will be held as a domestic terrorist.

If anyone steps out of line, all it takes is one person, it may even be a government plant....if that plant does anything to disrupt the rally, you could/will be arrested as a domestic terrorist.

The Governor, using the media has already set the stage for this to happen.
He has already laid the groundwork to make the entire movement look like insurrection.

It will be used to put the rest of the nation on notice of what will happen to you, if you resist.

They have used the Southern Poverty Law Center over the last 15 years to lay the groundwork.

They have labeled us as potential domestic terrorist for a long time now.

Anyone who has ever related to the 3%er's, a militia, or just belonged to any Patriot group...the groundwork has been laid to brand you as a domestic terrorist.

They have gone out of their way since the Obama years to insure they had us labeled, but it didn't start with Obama. It started with the Patriot Act under the Bush administration.

We are being played by a well oiled machine, these things have been in the works for many years.

They are kicking things into high gear. Military veterans were/are even listed as potential domestic terrorist.

We were told not once, but several times by the current President, “It's Not Me they are after, It's You, The American People.“

Their actions over the last three years have shown you he was right, they are coming after us full speed ahead and they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Sic semper tyrannis, keep your head on a swivel and know what's going on around you at all times, at Lobby Day 1/20/20.

Everyone be safe out there....Thus always to tyrants.

🇺🇸

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »
As expected, there were zillions of people there, it was freezing, we could hear nothing at all, but I was there.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 04:54:55 PM »
I think I saw you on the news....were you the one with the gun?    :rotflmao:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 05:16:54 PM »
I think I saw you on the news....were you the one with the gun?    :rotflmao:

LOL.  I had two.  As did my friend with me.  Just like every year.

Speaking of the news- funny how the news obsessed on the maybe 1% of people there who had "scary" outfits (military garb, rifles).  I can tell you, first hand, they were rare.  And there was not one sign or flag that was unrelated to USA, VA, or gun rights (unless you count the occasional one of the shameful governor "blackface" photo).  And I saw hundreds of them in a sea of thousands of people.  Also didn't see one, not even ONE, counter-protestor.  Of course, I only saw a small fraction of the estimated 22,000 people there.

I hope at some point some site will actually have video of the event speakers, since only fraction of the people there could see or hear anything.