Author Topic: Who is coming to the COG National meet (June 2012)?  (Read 6514 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Who is coming to the COG National meet (June 2012)?
« on: November 28, 2011, 07:18:44 PM »
I am planning to attend my first COG event since it will be in my "backyard" and was wondering who else is gonna make the trip.  I haven't decided whether I will camp or try to split a room but if there is someone who would like to split a room just let me know.  I don't snore all that loud and my feet are only mildly offensive.   ;)  Tons of great roads down there, I will probably have been down and ridden in Arkansas twice by the time June rolls around.   ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Who is coming to the COG National meet (June 2012)?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 07:26:07 PM »
My feet don't snore and I'm only mildly offensive. I plan on going but its way to far out to commit.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 08:23:58 PM »
I wish it wasn't so far away for me, I'd love to go but would have to put 2 to 3 days on either end of it for travel which makes it unlikely for me to be there...  :(

Excavator

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 09:06:01 PM »
Eureka Springs is a great area and a short ride for me, it would be interesting to see so many Concours in one place.

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
Vacation time has already been selected and camping reservations are made! The wife and I will definately be there. 2011 was our first National (Mt. Snow is in our "backyard") and it convinced us not to miss another if we could help it. We will be trailering the bikes to get there behind the new-to-us motorhome. This is a setup we hope to use to see much of this great country of ours!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 12:01:45 PM »
Me and my Bride will be there. We'll be coming in from Houston.
We try to miss as few Nationals as possible.
ALWAYS A GREAT TIME!

Look forward to meeting you there Jeremy.

Riide safe, Ted

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 12:08:59 PM »
We might try to make it this year. My mo-in-law lives right up the road a bit from Eureka Springs and that would be a good time to visit her. My wife can drive the truck and pull the 5th wheel while I ride the bike. As if...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 01:47:19 PM »
That's only a day away, might have to make this one.

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 02:17:22 PM »
We might try to make it this year. My mo-in-law lives right up the road a bit from Eureka Springs and that would be a good time to visit her. My wife can drive the truck and pull the 5th wheel while I ride the bike. As if...

My wife wants to learn to drive the "C", but most likely just for long over-the-road trips pulling the bike trailer. She never drove the pickup and TT (okay, she moved it across a parking lot once), but is interested in learning to be able to give me a break driving. Less down time = arriving at destination and getting on the bikes sooner!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 02:25:42 PM »
My wife wants to learn to drive the "C", but most likely just for long over-the-road trips pulling the bike trailer. She never drove the pickup and TT (okay, she moved it across a parking lot once), but is interested in learning to be able to give me a break driving. Less down time = arriving at destination and getting on the bikes sooner!

I always do the driving when we pull the 5th wheel but my wife is always saying that I should teach/let her (she's driven the truck LOTS but not pullling) do some driving so that I can have a break. I said fine, how about you drive while I ride?

crickets...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 03:08:29 PM »
Going forwards no problem. Teaching someone to back a trailer though....

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 07:20:54 PM »
She wants nothing to do with that. Heck, I'm not bad at backing a trailer and I'm a bit concerned about backing a 12' trailer with a 30' motorhome! :-\
COG 9331

Offline soonerone

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 08:18:40 PM »
Short ride for me too.  Plan on being there "most" of the time during that week.

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 11:51:55 PM »
Longer ride for us...but...it looks like the missus and I are tentatively "IN"!   :chugbeer:

It should be a good break-in run for my PR3/Shinko combination on the C10...
'02 C-10

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 05:08:10 AM »
Going forwards no problem. Teaching someone to back a trailer though....

I'd have to do the backing for sure, I don't have any problems with that. As long as my wife isn't 'helping' me.    :o

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 04:10:03 AM »
May try to make it. Looks like about a 8-hour ride and I have a new GF with an urge to travel.

Anybody got a specific date or do I have to slog my weary way over to COG to find out?

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 04:24:08 AM »
It's unfortunate I do not have enough vacation time to support attending this event. I was looking at the rally info web pages over at the COG web site www.cog-online.org and the rally location looks awesome with great riding in all directions. The rally team is pulling together an awesome event.  Anyone who attends will probably have an awesome time.
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 06:30:02 AM »
JetJock: Official dates are Mon June 11 to Friday June 15.
              I highly suggest arriving before the official start day on Sat or Sunday (June 9 or 10) to
              meet folks/do some extra riding/swap lies etc.....

Ride safe, Ted

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »
Distant hope. Wife likes riding but not straight through.  We might stop in western IL to visit her sister and stay overnight.

But the rub is that Wife teaches school until Friday, June 8th.  And missing last day of school is lame.  So...

Creative thinking says, 'Ride down alone, she flies down.'  Yeah, right.

Love to join everyone that we met in Tomah but missed in VT.

:grouphug:
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 11:00:23 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me!!
One year my Wife,,,,  said for me to go without her and not worry about her,,,, as she couldn't go.

So,,, I suprised her... "I went"!!!!!   ::)

She didn't talk to me for Reallllllyyy a long time......

Ride safe, Ted