Author Topic: dang kick stand  (Read 5187 times)

Offline one54dodgetruck

dang kick stand
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »
Last week i went on a ride with a bunch of crusers. About halfway we stoped for a break, then i started my bike and shifted to first gear and the bike died. i did this a few times and a guy on a harley pulled up and asked if my kickstand was up all the way. Embarrassing. So i raised my kickstand and rode off.
andrew

Offline Ranger

Re: dang kick stand
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:12:56 PM »
Well, at least we know that won't happen again. :rotflmao:  (maybe more embarrassing to be driving down the slab with the K-stand down.)
2002 Connie with Givi trunk, Avon tires,  7th gear mod, Heli bars, Throttlemeister, Rifle windscreen, and other junk. Love to pack up and hit the road. Thank goodness I'm recent retiree. :-)

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »
I have a friend that didn't have a switch on his kickstand. He took off and tried to do a left had turn out of the parking lot, the side stand was half way down, it bit and shot him off on the high side.
6 weeks later he was riding again, after his rt. arm cast was removed.
Thank Mama Kaw for that switch.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Laserjock

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 03:42:12 PM »
  i did this a few times and a guy on a harley pulled up and asked if my kickstand was up all the way. Embarrassing. So i raised my kickstand and rode off.
andrew

Funny, Harley's don't have a KS switch.

=Laserjock=

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 11:16:47 AM »
save yourself future embarrasment...buy a C14...it won't even start in gear, or let you shift into gear, with the stand down... ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Ranger

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 05:52:48 PM »
save yourself future embarrasment...buy a C14...it won't even start in gear, or let you shift into gear, with the stand down... ;)

Or more embarrassing,  after you have the bike hauled to a shop because nothing seems to work on the dang thang.   :rotflmao: :banghead:
2002 Connie with Givi trunk, Avon tires,  7th gear mod, Heli bars, Throttlemeister, Rifle windscreen, and other junk. Love to pack up and hit the road. Thank goodness I'm recent retiree. :-)

Offline booger

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »
I'm still new to my C14 and have done it several times this past month.

Thought about jumping around the switch, but then I would be driving off with my kickstand down.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
My 2010 C-14 does not have an active kickstand kill-switch, but my 2008 had it. They must have missed something on mine.
Joel from Maine.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »
 One thing I think Kawasaki should have put on the bike is a light that is on when the side stand is down, like the Gold Wing and several other bikes have,

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 09:02:19 AM »
One thing I think Kawasaki should have put on the bike is a light that is on when the side stand is down, like the Gold Wing and several other bikes have,

Heck they didn't even give us cruise control......

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?