Author Topic: Let's get this started with a bad one  (Read 8056 times)

Offline Conrad

Let's get this started with a bad one
« on: May 11, 2011, 03:23:57 PM »
A Dark And Stormy Night

Bob Hill and his new wife Betty were vacationing in Europe... as it happens, near Transylvania. They were driving in a rental car along a rather deserted highway. It was late and raining very hard. Bob could barely see the road in front of the car. Suddenly, the car skids out of control! Bob attempts to control the car, but to no avail! The car swerves and smashes into a tree.

Moments later, Bob shakes his head to clear the fog. Dazed, he looks over at the passenger seat and sees his wife unconscious, with her head bleeding! Despite the rain and unfamiliar countryside, Bob knows he has to get her medical assistance.

Bob carefully picks his wife up and begins trudging down the road. After a short while, he sees a light. He heads towards the light, which is coming from a large, old house. He approaches the door and knocks.

A minute passes. A small, hunched man opens the door. Bob immediately blurts, "Hello, my name is Bob Hill, and this is my wife Betty. We've been in a terrible accident, and my wife has been seriously hurt. Can I please use your phone?"

"I'm sorry," replied the hunchback, "but we don't have a phone. My master is a doctor; come in, and I will get him!"

Bob brings his wife in.

An older man comes down the stairs. "I'm afraid my assistant may have misled you. I am not a medical doctor; I am a scientist. However, it is many miles to the nearest clinic, and I have had a basic medical training. I will see what I can do. Igor, bring them down to the laboratory."

With that, Igor picks up Betty and carries her downstairs, with Bob following closely. Igor places Betty on a table in the lab. Bob collapses from exhaustion and his own injuries, so Igor places Bob on an adjoining table.

After a brief examination, Igor's master looks worried. "Things are serious, Igor. Prepare a transfusion."  Igor and his master work feverishly, but to no avail. Bob and Betty Hill are no more.

The Hills' deaths upset Igor's master greatly. Wearily, he climbs the steps to his conservatory, which houses his grand piano. For it is here that he has always found solace. He begins to play, and a stirring, almost haunting melody fills the house.

Meanwhile, Igor is still in the lab tidying up. His eyes catch movement, and he notices the fingers on Betty's hand twitch, keeping time to the haunting piano music. Stunned, he watches as Bob's arm begins to rise, marking the beat! He is further amazed as Betty and Bob both sit up straight!

Unable to contain himself, he dashes up the stairs to the conservatory.

He bursts in and shouts to his master:

"Master, Master!...The Hills are alive with the sound of music!"

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 03:31:17 PM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Let's get this started with a bad one
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 03:25:45 PM »
Good one...sounds like a Michael Jackson video.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 04:17:48 PM »
Yea you were right that was a bad one! ::)

Offline throb

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 04:46:43 PM »
Uhhhhh.  yea.   :P
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 07:27:29 PM »
Holy Crap, a new site, and you start with that. You have guts.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline txfatboy

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 01:36:36 AM »
45 seconds of my life I'll never get back.  :rotflmao:
Woody
2014 V-Max
1991 Connie, 17 inch wheels,  ZRX1200 forks with racetech valves and brakes, zx9/ zzr1200 hybrid rear shock, 2 min mod and exhaust cam sprocket from SISF, tubular handle bars, hywy pegs, HID headlight and LED running lights.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 04:55:15 AM »
Don't say that I didn't warn you guys! This was the only joke that I had in my e-mail at the time.

Sorry fellers.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline yoman

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 06:54:18 AM »
Don't say that I didn't warn you guys! This was the only joke that I had in my e-mail at the time.

Sorry fellers.
Put it back! Please.
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 08:25:59 AM »
ouch!

Offline Jason Bourne

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 01:18:59 AM »
ohh that's scary!  ;D

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 01:27:52 AM »
I can't help but think of antique jokes, the punch lines went "I left my harp in Sam Frank's disco". And "There's No Plate like Chrome for the Holandaise"

I think I'll  :pukeface: now.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 04:35:44 AM »
Come on Rick, this is good stuff.

Why was the house plant thrown in jail?  It was potted.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 05:14:02 AM »
tough crowd...

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
ok, I'll do one more...

*** Adult Truths ***

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than with Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.  (Ladies... Quit Laughing!!)
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 11:35:27 AM »
Old, but classic

Hitler finds out they dragged knee before him at GMR.

Maybe it's old but I've never seen it. I have tears from laughing so hard.   :rotflmao:

Those vids always crack me up. Thanks!

Offline ManWorkingH3r3

• Blue is the Fastest Color. :-)
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 01:47:21 PM »
And for those of us in Tech Support, let's remember way back when Books were new...
Introducing the book (repost)

But I wasn't alive when this Call came in but I bet you know someone who was!
2001 ZG1000-a14  - a.k.a. Blue Streak  COG#9292

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
I didn't see the video but is that the one with Hitler and staff in the bunker. The original movie was named Downfall, and there are about a gazillion (technical term) videos with different themes and different sub- titles. One of the all- time greats was 'They got Hitler the wrong bike' or something very similar: it is about Hitler's staff buying him a BMW to replace a Honda without his knowledge. Those videos have all been removed from U tube due to copyright infringement (the Germans don't see nearly as much humor in those re-dubs as Americans and Brits do) but they are still floating all around the 'Net. Absolutely worth the couple of minutes to watch it.

Brian

Maybe it's old but I've never seen it. I have tears from laughing so hard.   :rotflmao:

Those vids always crack me up. Thanks!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Volcantour

• Love those smiles with the miles!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »
I can't help but think of antique jokes, the punch lines went "I left my harp in Sam Frank's disco". And "There's No Plate like Chrome for the Holandaise"

I think I'll  :pukeface: now.

Rick

Then there's the local favorite: "Only Hugh can stop florist friars"  ;)
COG #8892  CDA #0309  IBA #45302
Previous bike: 2005 Vulcan 800 Classic

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 10:52:23 AM »
Sorry Rabbi, kicks are for trids.

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"