Author Topic: This is a proverbial bridge too far......  (Read 11921 times)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: This is a proverbial bridge too far......
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2018, 04:26:50 PM »
.... and the ACLU defending their 1A rights.

Yep, that's what we do. Like the man* said, "No one is free until we are all free." That includes the least of us, like Nazis.
(*MLK)

Blues Brothers and Blazing Saddles -  two of my all-time favorites. :)
:thumbs:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2018, 04:33:07 PM »
Yes, either everyone has civil liberties or no one does.

The real test of the first Amendment is not when we agree with those speaking but when we do NOT agree with those speaking but still insist on their rights to free speech.

Brian

Yep, that's what we do. Like the man* said, "No one is free until we are all free." That includes the least of us, like Nazis.
(*MLK)
 :thumbs:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2018, 04:36:01 PM »
Yes, either everyone has civil liberties or no one does.

The real test of the first Amendment is not when we agree with those speaking but when we do NOT agree with those speaking but still insist on their rights to free speech.

Brian

Except illegal aliens who by virtue of their illegality are not entitled to the same Constitutional protections as citizens.