Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456414 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1840 on: November 13, 2018, 06:16:30 AM »
Saran wrap and all of it's imitators.  I hate the stuff.  Makes me crazy and annoyed trying to use it.

Ever cut your finger on the serrated 'blade' used to cut the wrap? I don't recommend it. It's like a paper cut on steroids.  :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1841 on: November 13, 2018, 02:14:26 PM »
Right, then it will super **** me off. LOL
You know what they say about being pee'd off, right?
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #1842 on: November 13, 2018, 07:19:36 PM »
Conrad, if you're a Costco member get the Kirkland brand, it's thicker and easier to handle. Plus they have a great slide cutter so you don't have to stretch it and have it snap into an unusable mess.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1843 on: November 13, 2018, 08:28:28 PM »
Conrad, if you're a Costco member get the Kirkland brand, it's thicker and easier to handle. Plus they have a great slide cutter so you don't have to stretch it and have it snap into an unusable mess.

I love the ones with the slide cutter.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1844 on: November 14, 2018, 07:03:09 AM »

Thanks for the tip!

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1845 on: November 15, 2018, 05:26:16 PM »
I love the ones with the slide cutter.

The wife has a container like thing that you drop any box of wrap into and it has a slide cutter built into the top of it. I must say, it's pretty slick. Never even have to take the stuff out of the drawer to use it.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1846 on: December 22, 2018, 06:14:06 AM »

… the stock market.   What a joke.     >:(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1847 on: December 22, 2018, 06:22:47 AM »
… the stock market.   What a joke.     >:(

And the joke is on us. I'm not laughing though...   :'(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1848 on: December 22, 2018, 07:56:42 AM »
Neither am i...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1849 on: December 22, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »
It is tough for us old- timers, either retired or close enough that a drop in the market stings. Too old to shrug it off and recover, too invested to be immune and wary as to whether this is just a correction or the first corner in a plummet. Even trickier now because if this IS just a correction, it is a terrible time to bail out and take the loss.

Brian

And the joke is on us. I'm not laughing though...   :'(
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1850 on: December 23, 2018, 09:41:08 AM »
Shoes make me crazy and annoyed.  You know the type with that thingmajig in the center of the tongue the newer shoes have these days.   Damnably difficult to tighten the laces fully with this.  Finally said f it and relaced the shoes without it.  I hates it I does.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1851 on: December 23, 2018, 02:19:00 PM »
Shoes make me crazy and annoyed.

Tell me about it.  Very few are wide enough.  Can't find a pair of wide, rubber-soled, cordovan wingtips anymore and have been looking for several years.  Seems my favorite color is no longer "hip".

When I FINALLY found sneakers that fit (New Balance, guess that is no surprise) and comfortable, and of decent quality, I went and bought 8 pair of them and vacuum sealed them in plastic for future use.  I have since realized after wearing a single pair of them for 4 years almost every day now, they still are in great condition, I might have a lifetime supply :)  I am still shocked at how well they have held up- everything else I tried in the past fell apart in a year.  Guess I can't pass on a higher recommendation than THAT.  (These are model 608, suede, although it won't matter much, since they were discontinued years ago).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1852 on: December 23, 2018, 03:40:00 PM »
when you find a pair of shoes, or boots, yhat you 'find astoundingly comfortable" always buy 3 more pairs... and bag them and store them....

15 yeqrs ago, I found a pair of extremely perfect GoreTex lined slip on boots, ankle height, for like $40, from Sportsmans Guide.. bought them, wore them fore a week... and my new puppy chewed them to to pieces... dammit... I bought 2 more pairs immediatly, and stored a pair, and they went "out of distribution" shortly there after.. sure glad I did what I did, now, both pairs, while the uppers are still in tact, will be re soled someday.. I should have bought 4 pairs, as they were so nice for every day wear.

made by Wolverine, so I know they were good, but at the end of the run from them... pity, they were soooooo perfect.  Had some Merrill hiking boots, I bought local 25 years ago like that, closout sale, $150 boots for $60, they only had one pair left, they lasted me 10 years mountain biking, and were worn every day for over 5 years..and actually had them re soled with new vibrams,  I tried to find something close by Merrill, and when purchased, they never even made it 6 months.. ripped, eyelets pulled out, total crap.

Bought some Bike Boots from Iron Pony on closeouts, M2R GoreTex model, I still wear them after 15 years, and have "patched and resealed / glued etc., to keep using them $80 boots... I bought a second pair just after they went out of production, they are tight, but still new, and hope they continue to give the same performance the originals did...

man, everytime I put a boot or shoe on, and realize it fits perfectly from day one... I say buy extra's...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1853 on: January 08, 2019, 05:59:07 AM »
We just spent a month down in Florida. Tallahassee, Orlando, Naples, and Key West (Stock Island).

What makes me crazy and annoyed about Florida?

The drivers suck!!! I've never seen so many idiots behind the wheel. I've driven in many states and hands down Florida has the worst. It's not just on the highways either, it's ALL over.

Ya'll saw the news about that tragic accident near Gainsville on I-75 on 1-3-19? We drove through that very area exactly one hour before that accident occurred.  :o

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #1854 on: January 08, 2019, 06:44:39 AM »
That's because all the old folks from New England moved to FL. They couldn't drive in NE either.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1855 on: January 08, 2019, 10:45:35 AM »

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1856 on: January 08, 2019, 10:56:50 AM »
That is amazing- my state is not even in the top 25 and here I thought it should be 2nd or 3rd.

I was sure I was doing my best but as Boxer said, "I will work harder".  ;D

Brian

Boxer is a character in 'Animal Farm'

..from last year, but I'll take Mr. C's word that nothing has changed.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/florida-has-the-worst-drivers-in-the-nation-ranked-1-two-years-in-a-row
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1857 on: January 08, 2019, 02:48:06 PM »
Drivers are pretty crazy where I live near Fredericksburg, VA.  I can tell the difference after being somewhere other than here in the craziness quotient.  Gets worse as you go north.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1858 on: January 08, 2019, 02:53:21 PM »

..from last year, but I'll take Mr. C's word that nothing has changed.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/florida-has-the-worst-drivers-in-the-nation-ranked-1-two-years-in-a-row

I'm not convinced the statistics in this list are the final word on bad drivers. I would nominate Texas, #9 on this list, to be in the top 5 at least. One of the statistics not on this list but certainly should be is: "Number of drivers permanently in the left lane going less than the speed limit". Texas would be #1 for that statistic. I've been spending some time in Oklahoma (#3) and I can say without a doubt, TX has WAY more drivers parked in the left lane than OK.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1859 on: January 08, 2019, 02:59:59 PM »
We have a large portion of left lane lolly gaggers in my area, I'll have you know.   At least now in VA you can get ticketed it for it.