Author Topic: Last issue I hope  (Read 25145 times)

Offline sgilbert14

Re: Last issue I hope
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 08:20:05 AM »
Looks like the weld will work. Using it with a combination of the JB putty to form a pretty uniformed bond and I think by doing so I will be out of the woods. I hope that is. Lesson learned is not to park the bike at the end of drive anymore especially when I go camping.

At least I had all the hoses, electrical stuff at hand due to car and bike projects... extra cost so far is only the $30 for the JB products.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 08:36:17 AM »
Well this turn of events sucks.  You may wish to at least keep it under cover in a brightly lit area if you don't have a secure place for it.  I few others have posted where vandals have went so far as to pushing their bikes over at night and one was even lit on fire after being pushed over behind their townhouse.

It sounds like you have figured out how to fix everything and have it under control.  As long as JB weld isn't in constant contact or submersion in fuel, it may hold up.  Make sure the surface is clean and maybe scuff it up for the best adhesion.  If you are not confident in the carb fix when you are done, I would recommend placing a request in the "wanted" section as quite a few riders have extra carb parts they might be willing to part with for a small fee.  I'm having trouble visualizing the broken part - got a picture?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2014, 07:41:55 PM »
So far I think that I will be ok. Looks like the JB will hold but cannot work on the bike until the weekend to make sure,

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2014, 01:02:51 PM »
IT"S ALIVE AGAIN ! Not out of the water but the carb fix works great. So far all the damage is fix including new throttle and choke cables. What I cannot figure out is I still have the throttle sticking when I try to slow down. All the cables snap back better then ever to the full stop position but still the RPS are slow to drop off. No clue as to what is causing this one.
 :nuts:

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2014, 05:34:03 AM »
If the throttle snaps back "fully" then you most likely have a vacuum leak when this is occuring.  Did you get all of the ports on the carbs either capped or connected to a hose?  Are the hoses connected properly and undamaged?  If so, it could also be a slightly sticking slide in one of the carbs.  Does it eventually drop to the correct idle speed?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2014, 05:53:37 AM »
I will double check the vacuum hose. I out the backoff plate kit on it as well so I have 3 of the 4 ports with caps on them. The throttle does drop back to where it should be after a few seconds but I usually kill it be then with worry of the engine going bye bye.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2014, 06:06:34 AM »
What else might have been damaged when you were vandalized?

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2014, 06:19:52 AM »
Nothing that I see. I have pulled the carbs when I fix the issue there and there is nothing bent, broken etc.. I replaced the cables as this issue actually started prior to whoever decided to do what they did to the bike which was cut the fuel and vacuum lines and the saw dust in the rad plus that wires to my fog lights were cut. I had the cables on order at the time and the arrived just after this was done. I think that the cable mount on the carb was broken by them trying to get at the lines...

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2014, 07:26:33 AM »
Well. Towel is being tossed in.  Looks like I will be pulling all me add-ons off and listing everything for sale.  Guess that after l the $ and time I have had enough. Use the money to pay off bills  new one next te

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2014, 06:50:23 AM »
Pathetic. I hate thieves. You had a pile of work on this old girl, going back over a year. Finally get it running and some scumbag destroys it trying to get what? Cables? Carbs? Maybe just vandalizing for fun? I know it's little comfort, but for the guy who did this to you, Karma is a b*tch.  Steve

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2014, 07:04:27 AM »
I agree. sgilbert, you have been one of the most tenacious folks I have followed on the forums. I hope things work out for you.

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2014, 08:31:22 AM »
I just put it all up for sale

1992 Concours with extras, lets deal !!!!

I am selling my 92 Concours 1000. I have been adding a ton of options and all together I have over $3200 into it. It has just over 33k on it but I do still ride so it may change.

Work done last season only used less than 200 miles last season: Spark plug wires and NGK caps, Acc. outlet, AGM Battery ,GIVI windshield, NOS Seat, new tires, brakes and carbs, grips, New fork and rear shock oil, cut the front stings to stiffen the suspension, fresh oil change, new front Headlight bulb, Valve Adjustment, etc...

Bike without the custom accessories: $1750

Add any/all CUSTOM ACCESSORIES:

Givi trunk, mount, brake light $350+ new -- $200
 Tank bra $45 ---- $30
 Heavy Bar Ends $90 ------ $45
 Bar Raiser $75 ------$45
 CeeBaily's 24" Windshield $175 ------ $125
 Front & Back Tip Over Bars $340 ---- $250
 Fog Lights and mount $150 ---- $50
 Antler covers for use if saddlebags are removed but come with bike ------ $35
 Bat Wings - $45

I sure that I am missing stuff. I just do not have the time to ride and I hate seeing it sit.

I also have way over $1000 in gear that I will sell if the bike sells or with the bike as a package: 4 XL armored jackets, New Xelement Leather jacket never worn, Fieldsheer armored jacket and pants + 2 others which have only been worn 2-3 times, size 11 Speed & Strength motorcycle shoes, Italian boots size 11, Olympian GEL gloves, Scorpion EXO1000 helmet, size large. Sell all the gear + bike with options for $3500 or may sell separately.

I also have a motorcycle trailer that I will sell with the package for an additional $300. New tiers, lights, deck and wall, paint etc.. and matches the bike.

Everything for $3500. LETS MAKE A DEAL ! Shoot me an email. I do not have to sell so please no low-ballers. I will negotiate a bit but look at the options and you will understand why.

Call Steve: 315-323-8041

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2014, 06:27:47 PM »
If thing go as it's set my bike is gone but will have most of the accessories to sell off

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2014, 03:25:59 PM »
I ended up getting my carbs before they worked on them. I think that the issue may come down to the small multiple ports that are just in front of the plates. Would a small, light weight fishing line work to see if these ports are clean? I have some 6lb line which may work

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2014, 04:29:13 PM »
I ended up getting my carbs before they worked on them. I think that the issue may come down to the small multiple ports that are just in front of the plates. Would a small, light weight fishing line work to see if these ports are clean? I have some 6lb line which may work

not really, those ports take a 90* turn about 1/16" down below the opening, don't poke stuff in there.
Disassemble the carbs, remove the diaphragms, and the pilot air screws, springs, flat washers, and o-rings, remove the main and secondary jets;
insert the red snooter tube extension on a spray can of Gumout into each orifice found on left side of the entrance bell of the intake area, and with a finger covering the hole the secondary jet lives in and one covering the hole the air screw came out of, spray liberally from behind. You should have a good and even spray coming out of each of the 4 holes, and the one that air needle pokes up thru. if you have a compressor, blow air afterwards, and cycle between the Gumout and air. they should clear. Make sure you do this to all 4 carbs.  you must have complete misting sprays coming from all those holes.. all of them.

NOW, if Steve worked on these carbs recently, i know he does a meticulous job of cleaning, don't mess with his work...
send them back down to him to look at.

you have 2 threads with current back and forth stuff going on, this isn't an easy thing to follow, and I'm not gonna play double posts...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2014, 04:56:08 PM »
Sorry about the post issue and thanks for the advice

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2014, 05:01:14 PM »
That's it as the fuel did not mist but dribble out of those all holes. I would love to send them back but the contract that I worked at was shut down so I just lost my job last week and have to get this on my own.

Thanks for the help and I will print it and follow it step by step

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »
That's it as the fuel did not mist but dribble out of those all holes. I would love to send them back but the contract that I worked at was shut down so I just lost my job last week and have to get this on my own.

Thanks for the help and I will print it and follow it step by step

I hear ya about the job thing, been off since 7/11.
best of luck, i think you are on the right track, if you get those ports cleared.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2014, 05:55:15 PM »
Thanks. If it wasn't for the job the carbs would be with Steve but .... Good luck with work yourself

Offline sgilbert14

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2014, 06:53:24 PM »
Spent a good deal of times on the carbs today. Did as suggested step by step and cleaned out each port, jet, hole etc. until everything was clean and the carb cleaner atomized as it should. I hope to have them back on the bike tomorrow and pray to my benefit and good outcome and not just another :deadhorse: