Author Topic: Broken Backrest/Luggage Rack Bracket - Help  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Renegade55

• Ohio Motorcycling Website
Broken Backrest/Luggage Rack Bracket - Help
« on: July 13, 2014, 09:21:22 AM »
While trying to have a buddy lift the rear of the bike while on it's centerstand so I could pull out the tire (to have it replaced), we broke off the support bracket.  I can't seem to locate a replacement and wondered if anyone had any ideas.  I may have to try to have someone heli-arch weld it or maybe try something else.

I may have to find another trunk w/backrest pad and just remove the OEM backrest.  A new trunk should mount securely to the existing flat luggage rack without needing the OEM backrest still mounted, I think.  Well, after a second look at the mounting area it appears that the broken section is still needed to secure the flat luggage rack also!

I've included a picture and I've added the broken section.  Any help or advice (on the fix, or new trunk) would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:01:36 AM by Renegade55 »

Offline Leo

Re: Broken Backrest/Luggage Rack Bracket - Help
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 08:57:22 PM »
Try running a "want to buy" add.  With this many COG members, we have blown up, wadded up or given up on quite a number of bikes.  When my last one was rear ended, I was able to find everything I needed to put it back right here.   I ended up with a bunch of extra parts and I sent them out to others that needed them.
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline Stasch

Re: Broken Backrest/Luggage Rack Bracket - Help
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 06:36:30 AM »
Sent a PM
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1