Author Topic: New owner  (Read 5247 times)

Offline K0rnfl4k35

New owner
« on: April 13, 2016, 08:54:10 PM »
Just pick up a 2012 Concours 14 with 1653 miles on it on 4/10. Im located in Cincinnati, Ohio and have already put over 500 miles on it and i love the bike.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
Re: New owner
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:38:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your great purchase. May you have many happy and safe miles on her.
 :chugbeer:
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 01:04:07 AM »
Welcome mate...enjoy!!  :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 05:04:38 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 05:25:41 AM »
Welcome from the great white north  :chugbeer:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 06:36:09 AM »
Welcome and congrats! And thanks for posting a pic in the intro, we always like that.

Offline K0rnfl4k35

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 07:19:31 AM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I just ordered some AST risers and pullbacks for the bike. Any suggestions on the next mod? I'm looking to head to the dragon at the end of this month so anything that would make that trip nicer would be awesome. I will be making the trip with my fiancee so I will need to find a back rest for her.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 07:25:04 AM »
Radar detector.

Handle bars, seat, windshield are the major adjustments.

Offline K0rnfl4k35

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 07:37:01 AM »
Radar detector.

Handle bars, seat, windshield are the major adjustments.

The seat on my 12 is more comfortable than my buddies 08 and he has a sargent low on his.
I believe i have a California Scientific windshield thats slightly taller than my stock one.
Radar detector will just give me a reason to speed haha 

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 07:40:45 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 09:54:38 AM »

The seat on my 12 is more comfortable than my buddies 08 and he has a sargent low on his.
I believe i have a California Scientific windshield thats slightly taller than my stock one.
Radar detector will just give me a reason to speed haha

Radar detector will give you a reason to slow down.  8)

Offline SofaKingFast

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 06:22:31 PM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I just ordered some AST risers and pullbacks for the bike. Any suggestions on the next mod? I'm looking to head to the dragon at the end of this month so anything that would make that trip nicer would be awesome. I will be making the trip with my fiancee so I will need to find a back rest for her.
Need to get a Throttlemeister to keep your right wrist & hand from going numb.  A rear case is an essential for long trips, and you can put the back rest on it.  Canyon cages are recommended.  A brighter and/or blinking brake light.  Power outlet for the left side. 
Current bike 2016 C14, Gray
Previous bikes 2006 C10, 1977 KZ1000
Lake Stevens, WA

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 08:48:06 PM »
Welcome  :chugbeer: to the forum. Thanks for the photo. As you can see there are many members here more than wiling to help you part with some of your monies. All with good ideas and good intentions, of course.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline K0rnfl4k35

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 05:56:41 AM »
Need to get a Throttlemeister to keep your right wrist & hand from going numb.  A rear case is an essential for long trips, and you can put the back rest on it.  Canyon cages are recommended.  A brighter and/or blinking brake light.  Power outlet for the left side.

The bike came with a throttle lock but i dont remember what brand it is. Ive been looking at canyon cages as well and if i can find a good set for a good price i will get them. Are you talking about replace the brake light or just adding more? I havent used the power outlet yet but i do have a dual usb charger for it for when my scala or phone dies.

Offline SofaKingFast

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 05:52:13 PM »
The bike came with a throttle lock but i dont remember what brand it is. Ive been looking at canyon cages as well and if i can find a good set for a good price i will get them. Are you talking about replace the brake light or just adding more? I havent used the power outlet yet but i do have a dual usb charger for it for when my scala or phone dies.
I added more brake lights on the rear case.  The main reason is that the rear case somewhat obstructs the brake light, plus I want anyone behind me to notice that my brakes are applied.  The Concours has a switched power outlet on the right side.  I added an unswitched outlet to the left side so that the GPS could stay on even if I turned off the bike for a while.  Amazon has new Canyon Cages for $285 front and $165 rear.  This is good insurance because you can easily do more damage than that if it tips over.
Current bike 2016 C14, Gray
Previous bikes 2006 C10, 1977 KZ1000
Lake Stevens, WA

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 06:00:31 PM »
Welcome!
Side note, don't know if your SO could benefit, though mine does, by using peg lowerers for the passenger,
drops them about 4".
http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/Passenger_Peg_Lowering_Brackets_p/c14-08.htm
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline K0rnfl4k35

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 06:28:12 AM »
Welcome!
Side note, don't know if your SO could benefit, though mine does, by using peg lowerers for the passenger,
drops them about 4".
http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/Passenger_Peg_Lowering_Brackets_p/c14-08.htm

I will have to take a look at these