Author Topic: Sturgis  (Read 1038 times)

gpineau

Sturgis
« on: July 31, 2018, 11:31:32 AM »
Living off of highway 25 in Northern Colorado I have a prime seat for viewing a lot of bikes this time of year.

Still got my Connie and plan to do more mods to it to lower to my size.  Meanwhile I found a bike that was built for height challenged people. 
I just got home from picking up my new bike.  VStar 950 touring.  It is a beautiful bike and plenty of power for me and I can sit on it and still have both feet flat on the ground. 

Back on topic..
On the way home on highway 25, bike after bike passed me on their way to Sturgis. Harley's, Indians, trikes, bikes with trailers,  Connies  and all manner of bikes I could not identify, I would like to go but I only have two days off work.  I saw a few C14s go by me.  Anyone planning to go.?

https://www.sturgis.com/

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Sturgis
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 06:50:37 PM »
Congrats on the new bike!

gpineau

Re: Sturgis
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 09:34:15 AM »
Hey thanks, It going to be my every day rider for a while. Still hoping  I can get my C10 a couple inches lower.  Today is the first day of the Sturgis festival and still a steady stream of bikers heading north on interstate 25.

Yesterday my daughter asked me to take her to the new KFC  that just opened.  I told her to hop on the back of my new bike.
She has ridden behind me on all my bikes before but has always been at the same height and never expressed any interest in motorcycles.
The Vstar allowed her to see over the top of me. That hooked her.  She said she loved the sound and the wind in her face.  About an hour later she is asking me how to get her motorcycle license. Its probably a passing fad but maybe I am feeding a riding partner.