Author Topic: Saddlebag Retaining Brackets  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Zteve

Saddlebag Retaining Brackets
« on: April 23, 2019, 07:18:43 AM »
There have been reports of saddlebag issues on the Concours 14. Here's a video I found....

Concours Crossroads - Day 1, Hood River, OR   

The video is pretty long so advancing the progress bar to 4.40 will get you to the actual bag loss. This is not me or my video. I  found it online years ago and then noticed how loose my bags were. To check the movement of your bags just lift up on the back of the bag.

These rubber coated steel Saddlebag Retaining Brackets fit all years of the Concours 14s. The brackets lock in place when the bag handle locks.  Once the brackets are locked in place the bags simply will not come off over bumps or by lifting them off.  No modifications to the bike or bags are necessary.  The brackets go on and off in seconds and can fit in your pocket.

They are $26 shipped in the US.  PM me for more info. Thanks

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:14:27 AM by Zteve »

Offline connie_rider

Re: Saddlebag Retaining Brackets
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 07:42:40 AM »
If you don't have your bags pinned, this is a good way to "safe" your bags.
I've been using them for 5 years.
I added a flag {piece of yellow tape} to mine as I drop them occasionally.
Makes it EZ to see and I marked Right and Left on each yellow flag.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »
Long time no see, Zteve!  Glad you're back and in the business with those brackets!  I had them on mine and no issues.  Very secure.  They also keep away elephants.  Never saw one while on my C14.  I heartily recommend them.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Zteve

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 02:29:54 PM »
Long time no see, Zteve!  Glad you're back and in the business with those brackets!  I had them on mine and no issues.  Very secure.  They also keep away elephants.  Never saw one while on my C14.  I heartily recommend them.

;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 03:48:00 PM »
These rubber coated steel Saddlebag Retaining Brackets fit all years of the Concours 14s.

I have been using Zteve's brackets since just a few months after I bought my 2011 with no problems.  I do recommend them.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline katata1100

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 06:51:38 PM »
Do all c14’s run the risk of losing bags or just the gen 1 bikes?

Offline Zteve

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 07:07:50 PM »

All years have the same bags.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 07:25:12 PM »

any bag on any year, can "pop" off, if not correctly latched on, and there lies the heart of the issue.. and even when on "right", some fit sloppy, some don't.. again, a variable..
Nice to see ya back Zteve, nothing against your product, everything helps... It's all good stuff we share.
I can honestly say many people didn't want to do the "pin" thing,(which I gave away as a freebie), can't figure it out, but 2 holes drilled, invisibly, and a couple bucks n pins, just was not in thier ideal future.. yours work for sure, but I don't have to "whine" like Ted does, when I just wanna open one for my gloves...
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

anyways, good to see ya back in business, best of luck on them, many people asked for them and couldn't get them, they can now... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

as for Ted...
silly man...
If you don't have your bags pinned, this is a good way to "safe" your bags.
I've been using them for 5 years.
I added a flag {piece of yellow tape} to mine as I drop them occasionally.
Makes it EZ to see and I marked Right and Left on each yellow flag.

Ride safe, Ted

hey Ted, tie some yellow string on them, short lengthes, so they never hit the ground when ya drop them... and ya don't have to bend over to pick them up... man... ingenious... :banana :banana :banana :hail: :hail:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 08:39:10 PM »
I can honestly say many people didn't want to do the "pin" thing,(which I gave away as a freebie), can't figure it out, but 2 holes drilled, invisibly, and a couple bucks n pins, just was not in thier ideal future..

In my case, the bike was practically brand new and I didn't want to go drilling holes in things quite yet :)  Plus I was scared I might screw it up.  So the idea of using the brackets was attractive.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Texas Concours14

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 09:14:28 PM »
I have been using Zteve's retaining brackets for years. Highly recommended!
2010 C14 ABS

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 05:58:01 AM »
I didn't want to drill holes, either.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Zteve

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 07:18:18 PM »
Thanks All!  :chugbeer:

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 07:49:46 AM »
CLEVER idea.... Kudos.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline chap

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 10:50:13 AM »
I just use Zip ties to double secure them. Mine seem to install tight, so no play to jump off. But I cautiously zip tie to be safe.
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline Ninjabne

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 11:06:19 AM »
Excellent information..Thankyou! I have shared this with my good freind who just bought an 2008 a few months ago..Which i just rode for the first time this past week..So i have passed this info along to him as i did  the actual Kawasaki recall notice with the detailed latch fix..That seems moot compared to your fix.. But perhaps the more fixes the better... ;)
Dont speak..Unless you can improve upon the silence...