Author Topic: C-14 information summary  (Read 14427 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
C-14 information summary
« on: May 11, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »
We lost a lot of data recently and I thought I would try to summarize the last four years of accumulated information about the C-14 that we had on the 'other' forum. Let's see.... OK:

1) there were some relatively minor problems with the area of the bike in front of the fuel tank but nothing to get too excited about.
2) there were some relatively minor problems with the area under the fuel tank but nothing terribly important or destructive.
3) there were some relatively minor problems with the area behind the fuel tank but not really all that many and only a very few were important.
4) there were some relatively minor problems with some posters on the old forum but once they were discovered it was easy enough to ignore them.

Yep, that about sums everything up as I remember.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
Re: C-14 information summary
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »

4) there were some relatively minor problems with some posters on the old forum but once they were discovered it was easy enough to ignore them.

I think the nice way of saying that is there were some relatively minor problems with the area between the handlebars and seat!   :P 

In the IT world we call that pebkac - problem exists between keyboard and chair.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline Restless

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:54:11 PM »
We lost a lot of data recently and I thought I would try to summarize the last four years of accumulated information about the C-14 that we had on the 'other' forum. Let's see.... OK:

1) there were some relatively minor problems with the area of the bike in front of the fuel tank but nothing to get too excited about.
2) there were some relatively minor problems with the area under the fuel tank but nothing terribly important or destructive.
3) there were some relatively minor problems with the area behind the fuel tank but not really all that many and only a very few were important.

Yep, that about sums everything up as I remember.

Brian

:rotflmao:  That is spot on!  Nice!   :thumbs:
2010 Connie w/ABS

"Why is there never enough time to do the job right the first time but always enough time to do it over?"

Offline AirplaneTim

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »
Hmm, nobody ever had any issues with the fuel tank?  I find that surprising.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 02:27:49 AM »
Thank you, Brian.  I would give you smart answer to that but I'm too tired.  I'm debating whether to resurrect the info stickies.  Did anyone read them while they were alive?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Bob

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 02:46:19 AM »
Hmm, nobody ever had any issues with the fuel tank?  I find that surprising.

Yes the tank corrodes under the seat. But how much of a problem remains to be seen!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 05:12:14 AM »
Did anyone mention the gashole yet in this new place?

Ah, the smell of a new forum. Only a couple of other smells can beat that.  ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 05:16:13 AM »
Guys, I'm not sure yet where this thread is going, but please post all relevant C14-information here:

http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=93.0
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 06:25:28 AM »
Guys, I'm not sure yet where this thread is going, but please post all relevant C14-information here:

http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=93.0

What difference does it make where this thread is going. ;)  We have a lot to cover. ;)  Yes, we might put some of it in the wrong place - but let us have a little fun while we are recovering from the "event" that was recently experienced. ;) 

BTW, I fear we lost Bob.  Brian - could you call him and ask him to sign up for the new forum and give us a little history on KIPASS.  It's essential to the forum. ;)

BTW Jim, did I put enough  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) in here to be sure you know I'm just having a little fun?  ;) ;) ;) ;)
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline turbohawk

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 07:29:38 AM »
Did anyone mention the gashole yet in this new place?

Ah, the smell of a new forum. Only a couple of other smells can beat that.  ;)

Don't be sniffing people's gasholes...it's not polite!   :P

Offline AirplaneTim

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 07:33:41 AM »
Thank you, Brian.  I would give you smart answer to that but I'm too tired.  I'm debating whether to resurrect the info stickies.  Did anyone read them while they were alive?
If it makes you feel and better Jim, I did read through them when I was shopping for my bike since it gave a good persepective of what I would be getting myself into.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 08:19:29 AM »
Don't be sniffing people's gasholes...it's not polite!   :P

That's what I told the dogs.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »
Yeah, I have not read anything from Cap'n Bob but he might be here under a different name. Just one more unfortunate thing about this forum changing so drastically is that some people will change their 'names' and we will not recognize them. That is an OK think to do of course but it kind of wipes out any rapport or familiarity built up between posters in the past.

I'll see Bob in a week or talk to him sooner and find out if he has abandoned this playing field or not.  :)

Brian

What difference does it make where this thread is going. ;)  We have a lot to cover. ;)  Yes, we might put some of it in the wrong place - but let us have a little fun while we are recovering from the "event" that was recently experienced. ;) 

BTW, I fear we lost Bob.  Brian - could you call him and ask him to sign up for the new forum and give us a little history on KIPASS.  It's essential to the forum. ;)

BTW Jim, did I put enough  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) in here to be sure you know I'm just having a little fun?  ;) ;) ;) ;)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 12:59:45 PM »

I'll see Bob in a week or talk to him sooner and find out if he has abandoned this playing field or not.  :)

Brian

Or it could be the awesome responsibility at that other place. :o
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 04:58:37 PM »
Yeah, I have not read anything from Cap'n Bob but he might be here under a different name. Just one more unfortunate thing about this forum changing so drastically is that some people will change their 'names' and we will not recognize them. That is an OK think to do of course but it kind of wipes out any rapport or familiarity built up between posters in the past.

Brian

I miss him....

Bob

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 05:29:51 PM »

Brian

Rumor has it he did find this new website. But like B.D.F. has suggested, he didn't use the same name. I think he might have just used "Bob" since it was available. Maybe to keep a lower key now? Maybe to keep separate identities between two similar forums? Maybe just because his name is Bob and that user name was available with this brand new forum?  ;)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 08:07:18 PM »
So 'New Bob', if that really is your name, tell us a little about yourself. Do you like the color blue? Do you like KiPass? Do you find five gears are more than enough on a motorcycle? Do you feel that Michelin makes one of the best tires available for motorcycles, specifically the PR2?

<ROFLMAO> the icon for the little guy rolling around on the floor does not seem to be working.

Good to see that you made it back over here. New folks are going to have questions about things like KiPass and without you.... well, let's just say that without you no discussion about KiPass can be complete.

<I need the little guy rolling on the floor again>

Brian

Rumor has it he did find this new website. But like B.D.F. has suggested, he didn't use the same name. I think he might have just used "Bob" since it was available. Maybe to keep a lower key now? Maybe to keep separate identities between two similar forums? Maybe just because his name is Bob and that user name was available with this brand new forum?  ;)

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 08:17:03 PM »
The Kipass universe is back to normal.

Let the games begin  :popcorn: :popcorn:
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 09:05:58 PM »
So 'New Bob', if that really is your name, tell us a little about yourself. Do you like the color blue? Do you like KiPass? Do you find five gears are more than enough on a motorcycle? Do you feel that Michelin makes one of the best tires available for motorcycles, specifically the PR2?

:rotflmao:  the icon for the little guy rolling around on the floor does not seem to be working.

Good to see that you made it back over here. New folks are going to have questions about things like KiPass and without you.... well, let's just say that without you no discussion about KiPass can be complete.

:rotflmao:

Brian

Fixed it for you Brian...  ;D

Bob

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 03:22:25 AM »
 Blue is a nice color depending on the shade. I've seen some really nice blues over the years. Come to think of it, my eyes are blue.
 What is this Kipass that you speak of?
 Most motorcycles have at least five gears. Is it enough? I guess it depends on the bike and the gearing. But I find that no matter how many gears there may be, I'll probably be trying to shift to a higher gear anyway!
 Michelin has always been a better known tire manufacturer. I truly do not know whether or not they are better tires. I'm sure they are like a lot of things with motorcycles. Your opinion changes as you use them. Some probably like them, some probably prefer Shinko's. That's just how it goes. Although I have purchased michelins for my motorcycle (and have them now). I can't say whether or not they are the best tires of motorcycles? I guess it would depend on the criteria for what would be considered best!
 As far as the pr2 goes. I have heard both good and bad about the pr2. I makes me wonder about the wide swing of opinions on one particular tire! Maybe I should run automobile tires. I have heard they work pretty good and wear great. But then again, others have been less enthusiastic about them!
 So B.D.F., after reading your post, I have to ask. (and this is not meant in a bad way) You said  "<I need the little guy rolling on the floor again>".  Do you like rolling on the floor with smaller guys or was that in reference to something else that I don't understand how to respond to. I'm not into things like this, so hopefully you were not referring to me! But it's OK if you are. I try not to judge people and afford everybody the right to pursue the lifestyle that you feel comfortable with. But if you do not prefer rolling on the floor with smaller guys. Could you please explain the meaning. You see I am new to this forum (as you can probably tell by my post count).

Bob

<ROFLMAO> the icon for the little guy rolling around on the floor does not seem to be working.

<I need the little guy rolling on the floor again>

Brian