Author Topic: Need advice for a place to camp in mid/south Arkansas.  (Read 1913 times)

Offline BS-in-KS

Need advice for a place to camp in mid/south Arkansas.
« on: September 07, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »
Next week I'll be riding from McPherson, Kansas down to Hattiesburg, Mississippi to meet up with my brother who will be coming north from Florida.  I plan on camping on the way somewhere around the Little Rock or Pine Bluff area I think.  And by somewhere it could be within 50 or 60 miles of those areas I'm sure. 

Does anyone know the area there and have some advice for me as to a good place to throw out the tent for the night and stay?

Thanks!
Brent S.

Offline BS-in-KS

Re: Need advice for a place to camp in mid/south Arkansas.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 10:41:07 AM »
Anybody? Anyone know the mid and south Arkansas area and where to camp there?  It's a beautiful state.  Surely someone has camped there before.  Anyone?

Brent S.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 11:01:12 AM »
I stopped by this KOA in Little Rock on a trip once to cool off in the shade and it was very clean and seemed like a nice spot to spend the night. 

http://www.nlrkoa.com/
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline BS-in-KS

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 11:19:41 PM »
Thanks Jeremy!  I think that's where I'll end up.  I briefly looked at Cane Creek State Park as it would be a little further along and I thought being a state park it wouldn't cost as much as the KOA would but KOA's are somewhat more predictable and I'll probably be ready to call it a night by the time I get there anyway. 

Thanks again for responding with the advice!

Brent S.