Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455820 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1160 on: July 13, 2015, 04:57:56 AM »
I know all security measures can be defeated, all locks can be picked, all defenses can be breached. With all the things manufacturers are being forced to put into new cars to deal with idiots that text and talk while driving, isn't there a device that can be installed in every car that will jam or defeat cell phone signals or devices, or render them useless for the duration. I know, in 2 weeks, somebody would have a patch to go around it. But can't they look into that angle, instead of accepting defeat going on the offensive and coming up with things like that? I'm sure they have. Just thinking out loud.

How about something like this? (minus the helmet of course)

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1161 on: July 13, 2015, 05:14:24 AM »
How about something like this? (minus the helmet of course)

...and the parachute.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1162 on: July 13, 2015, 06:03:39 AM »
All this is nothing new...James Bond had this feature in the 60s.

http://youtu.be/71BC8M9Hw0I
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1163 on: July 13, 2015, 11:30:58 AM »
And here we were, thinking that texting was bad....

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-pleasures-herself-while-driving-a-mini-125238739.html

I feel a new rule coming on. I wonder if she has Geico- it could be the new tagline "In fifteen minutes, you could..... nevermind."

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #1164 on: July 14, 2015, 12:32:05 PM »
People in front of me at stop lights who start off then stop when the other lane get a green arrow thinking they should go, then 5 seconds later when they do get the green light, because they are texting, they just sit there not paying attention until I have to blow my horn, this has been happening with increased regularity over the past year or so. I know this is just distracted driving due to cell phone and texting, but now its another sub-problem I've noticed.

Drivers in the other lane who aren't anticipating the changing light, get surprised by the Green, hit the accelerator instead of smoothly starting out.  Are they thinking (being generous) that they are doing the right thing by speeding up.

How about when the light changes, we all go at the same time!  Like a locomotive, kind of, pulling its cars.  Sure, the last car does not move instantaneously, but the traffic would sure move along easier.
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1165 on: July 15, 2015, 04:43:12 AM »
Drivers in the other lane who aren't anticipating the changing light, get surprised by the Green, hit the accelerator instead of smoothly starting out.  Are they thinking (being generous) that they are doing the right thing by speeding up.

How about when the light changes, we all go at the same time!  Like a locomotive, kind of, pulling its cars.  Sure, the last car does not move instantaneously, but the traffic would sure move along easier.

That's freakin crazy talk right there! This would mean that drivers would have to start paying attention to what is going on around them.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1166 on: July 15, 2015, 05:15:58 AM »
I agree with Conrad.  Ain't gonna happen.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1167 on: July 15, 2015, 06:14:46 AM »
Reminds me of the scene in "American Graffitti" when Toad, while driving Steve's "bitchin" '58 Impala, thinks he has a green light, but its only an arrow to turn, he pulls forward, then stops, but leaves it in reverse, when he gets a green light he takes off.... backwards into the car behind him. This has happened to me, but I was lucky enough to have no one behind me when I backed up a bit when he never put it back in drive, luckily his reverse lights worked.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1168 on: July 15, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
If there is one thing that's makes me  :_shudder_Emoticon , it's my daughter's Nissan Quest 2004.  She came in and said it wouldn't start.   :censored: !  It took awhile to crank but it did start.  Probably the swearing at it helped.  Took my scanner out and ran a check of the codes and it called out camshaft sensor bank 1.  Where the  :censored: is bank 1?  Did a little searching and of course it's towards the back of the engine compartment nigh on inaccessible.  It couldn't be bank 2, that's too  :censored: ing easy.  On the positive side, Advance Auto had the part.  I decided to get two as the other one was probably on it's way out as well.  Also figured to learn how to install it on the easy side, bank 2.  Couldn't get the  :censored: ing connector off!  Took me an hour of tinkering and looking at youtube vids to figure it.  I hate  :censored: ing Nissans.  I'll get the rear bank in the morning when it's cooler outside and the engine is cold.  I'm glad it broke down in my driveway rather than some other place, though.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1169 on: July 15, 2015, 06:59:51 PM »
Nissan. Shift expectations.

Have your expectations been shifted?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1170 on: July 15, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »
Movies and TV shows that use Roman numerals at the end to indicate when it was made. Infuriated me until I got the stop action button on the newer TV, I usually have to be fast though to catch it the end. I'm a big history and dates person. Always thought the film industry thought they were being "artsy" by using Roman numerals as opposed to Arabic numerals where you don't have to think about what you are looking at to understand it. I have to admit I'm pretty good at Roman numbers now.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1171 on: July 15, 2015, 09:09:23 PM »
If there is one thing that's makes me  :_shudder_Emoticon , it's my daughter's Nissan Quest 2004.  She came in and said it wouldn't start.   :censored: !  It took awhile to crank but it did start.  Probably the swearing at it helped.  Took my scanner out and ran a check of the codes and it called out camshaft sensor bank 1.  Where the  :censored: is bank 1?  Did a little searching and of course it's towards the back of the engine compartment nigh on inaccessible.  It couldn't be bank 2, that's too  :censored: ing easy.  On the positive side, Advance Auto had the part.  I decided to get two as the other one was probably on it's way out as well.  Also figured to learn how to install it on the easy side, bank 2.  Couldn't get the  :censored: ing connector off!  Took me an hour of tinkering and looking at youtube vids to figure it.  I hate  :censored: ing Nissans.  I'll get the rear bank in the morning when it's cooler outside and the engine is cold.  I'm glad it broke down in my driveway rather than some other place, though.

If you hate Nissan electrical connectors, you would loath VW type(s). They use several different types, each more difficult than the next based on the impossibility of being accessed.
Drives me crazy.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1172 on: July 16, 2015, 07:23:20 AM »
Nissan. Shift expectations.

Have your expectations been shifted?

Not really, I always thought they were crap.  Told my daughters not to buy them.  They did...  Dad get's stuck with fixing the pieces of crap.  I could say no, but I'm their dad, it's what I do.  At least one of them went to Honda after her Sentra died at 150k miles.  And now the daughter with the Quest wants to know about Hyundais.  I remember that KIA was crap back in the early 2000s and I think Hyundai is better than Kia for the most part.  It never ends.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1173 on: July 16, 2015, 06:52:17 PM »
Not really, I always thought they were crap.  Told my daughters not to buy them.  They did...  Dad get's stuck with fixing the pieces of crap.  I could say no, but I'm their dad, it's what I do.  At least one of them went to Honda after her Sentra died at 150k miles.  And now the daughter with the Quest wants to know about Hyundais.  I remember that KIA was crap back in the early 2000s and I think Hyundai is better than Kia for the most part.  It never ends.

I've got a Kia Optima that so far has been a great car. Love it. Just picked up a Mazda CX-5 after having great experiences owning Mazda's in the past.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1174 on: July 18, 2015, 10:46:42 AM »
When speaking of a 10 times increase, people sa a 10 FOLD increase. 10 fold would actually be a 1024 times increase.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:20:40 PM by Deziner »
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1175 on: July 18, 2015, 10:51:58 AM »
I think it can be taken either way.
Merriam Webster does not agree with you.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1176 on: July 18, 2015, 12:49:39 PM »
Phelan, California (CNN)Of all the elements they must battle in a wildfire, firefighters face a new foe: drones operated by enthusiasts who presumably take close-up video of the disaster.

Five such "unmanned aircraft systems" prevented California firefighters from dispatching helicopters with water buckets for up to 20 minutes over a wildfire that roared Friday onto a Los Angeles area freeway that leads to Las Vegas.

Helicopters couldn't drop water because five drones hovered over the blaze, creating hazards in smoky winds for a deadly midair disaster, officials said.

The North Fire torched 20 vehicles on Interstate 15 and incited panic among motorists who fled on foot on the freeway Friday. The wildfire continued to burn uncontrollably Saturday, scorching 3,500 acres with only 5% containment in San Bernardino County, officials said.

Drones hovering over wildfires is a new trend in California, and on Saturday, fire officials condemned the operators of "hobby drones," as officials labeled them. It was unclear Saturday whether authorities would launch an investigation into the five drones.

"Fortunately, there were no injuries or fatalities to report, but the 15 to 20 minutes that those helicopters were grounded meant that 15 to 20 minutes were lost that could have led to another water drop cycle, and that would have created a much safer environment and we would not have seen an many citizens running for their lives," said spokesman Eric Sherwin of the San Bernardino County Fire Department.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1177 on: July 18, 2015, 01:44:34 PM »
Shoot the  :censored: ers out of the sky!  :shoot: :cannon:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1178 on: July 18, 2015, 01:45:24 PM »
The Falmouth 1/17 intersection just north of Fredericksburg, va

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1179 on: July 18, 2015, 02:28:16 PM »
I think it can be taken either way.
Merriam Webster does not agree with you.

Oh, and what makes THEM so smart?  ::)  KIPASS isn't even IN their big, thick book.