Author Topic: Suggestions for a Throttle lock?  (Read 7224 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Suggestions for a Throttle lock?
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2017, 08:34:22 PM »
Kaoko has worked well for me - not cheap but looks stock.  Very easy to use one-handed.

https://kaoko.com/B2C/p/593810/ZX-12%2c+ZX-14+(-2012)%2c+ZX-14R+(2013-2017)%2c+GTR+1400+Concours%2c+

Interesting.  I had not seen that one before.  Concept is extremely similar to Throttlemeister and similar price but with a more easily accessed actuator.  It might be easier to operate, and has a sort-of disable feature, too.  The only apparent downside is that it stands out more.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 08:02:28 AM »
https://kaoko.com/B2C/p/593810/ZX-12%2c+ZX-14+(-2012)%2c+ZX-14R+(2013-2017)%2c+GTR+1400+Concours%2c+

Interesting.  I had not seen that one before.  Concept is extremely similar to Throttlemeister and similar price but with a more easily accessed actuator.  It might be easier to operate, and has a sort-of disable feature, too.  The only apparent downside is that it stands out more.

Holy Moly!!! $913???!!! Looks like a nice unit but at that price I would go another $100 and get mccruise.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 03:04:37 PM »
Holy Moly!!! $913???!!! Looks like a nice unit but at that price I would go another $100 and get mccruise.

OMG, that must be an error.  When I posted the link before, it was $140 or something similar.  But yeah, now it shows $913!!! LOL
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 06:43:51 PM »
Must be their last one.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 07:59:19 PM »
Must be their last one.

... and they wanna keep it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 08:21:10 PM »
... and they wanna keep it.

Or die rich departing with it!

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 06:04:48 AM »
Cyber Monday sale price?
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline FIX UR CRITTER

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 09:02:05 PM »
Just my 2 cents to confirm what others have said. IMO the Vista is the most functional throttle lock I have ever had, cheap as hell and looks almost OEM. I have had them on all my bikes for many many years.

I often wonder why people complain so much about this bike not coming with a cruise control when for $20  you can use this.. I think the super quick thumb action is better than OE cruise I have dealt with on GWings and a BMW
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 11:01:51 PM »
Just my 2 cents to confirm what others have said. IMO the Vista is the most functional throttle lock I have ever had, cheap as hell and looks almost OEM. I have had them on all my bikes for many many years.

Like I said in years past, I agree too- if you CAN use a Vista, it works great and is simple and effective (and cheap)

I often wonder why people complain so much about this bike not coming with a cruise control

Because a throttle lock is not cruise control.  It is great for what it does- give your hand a rest for a minute, allow you to stretch fingers and wrist or adjust something you can't reach with your left hand.  But it is ineffective at actually maintaining speed for very long.  Me?  I probably wouldn't use cruise control on a bike, anyway.... except for the short times that a throttle lock would accomplish.  So while I would love to have CC, I am certainly not going to spend tons of money or effort for it.

when for $20  you can use this..

But you can't just "use" the Vista on a Gen2 because of the additional wires and shroud.  It requires significant modification.  I am kinda surprised that nobody has made/marketed a copy of the same concept, except that actually works (easily/correctly) on the Gen2.  I have tried a few other designs and they are more trouble that they are worth (and thus are never used).

$$ opportunity, someone!

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2018, 07:24:51 AM »
I use the Vista Cruise on my C-14.
  Harry and I discussed our mounts earlier in this discussion.
  I saw another Connie that had found a simpler way to secure the VC. 
     He drilled and tapped a hole in the face of the throttle mechanism and a pivot hole thru the VC.
     Was a very simple/neat installation.

On mine, I solved the heated grip interference by just sanding away a little material.
Was not a problem.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline SmokinRZ

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2018, 07:39:17 PM »
I tried a throttlemeister and couldn't get used to it and kept engaging it unknowingly and then my wrist would burn from working a stiff throttle.  A nice product if you can make it work for you but I couldn't.  Before that I has a vista cruise and that worked well but I had to make it work on my C10 and they didn't make one specific for the model.  It wasn't a clean installation.   

I have been using Murph's bar ends and the O ring for almost 10 years now.  Maybe I've been using to so long it's second nature, but I prefer this set-up over electronics on the other bikes I have ridden.  When I get off the interstate I just roll it over to the side with my palm and the taper of the bar end keep it from escaping.  I can't imagine using anything else now.                 
2008 Concours
2005 Concours (gone)
1992 Concours (gone)
1998 R1100GS

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2018, 09:45:29 AM »
I have used an O ring from Cat but now use this on my C14 and my Tuono.  Works like a champ for easing the stress on your wrist a bunch.   

When we do long days on the slab to get to mountains, I let my buddy lead on his KTM 1290 Duke GT, he has an E-cruise and we keep a better set speed without going excessively fast (which is what happens when I lead).

https://www.amazon.com/Go-Cruise-Motorcycle-Throttle-Control/dp/B00TIEATVY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1539877376&sr=8-7&keywords=motorcycle+cruise+control

2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline katata1100

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 12:41:30 PM »
Before spending $ on a throttle lock contraption , think about how much you’d be willing to play for a real cruise control that keeps speed steady with .5 mile, whether it be slabs or hills and mountains .
I used to think I’d never get a mcruise because when I got my bike back in ‘11, they went for around $1200.
Ever since then, the Aussie dollar has fell. On a recent sale, my mccruise was $813. I think they can now be had for under $750, about $600 more than a throttlemeister.
Saves your hand and helps get better mpg too.