Author Topic: Hi my name is oops !  (Read 4831 times)

Offline DkKnight

Hi my name is oops !
« on: July 10, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »
Just under 14k miles and I dropped my 2011 coming out of my driveway - minor scrape on the bag and fairing (put off ordering the Canyon Cage - doh !), and the footpeg broke.
Worse part is that riding is done for the season due to a shoulder injury from the drop - when I finally realized that I was not going to be able to hold the bike up - I let it go down and jumped to the right side to clear it and put my right arm out to keep myself from falling over  :doh:
Superior labrum tear and a Glenoid (bottom of the shoulder socket) fracture.
Lots of pain and discomfort, not able to sleep - waiting on Orthopedic surgeon consult to go over the Xrays and MRI images and to determine what treatment.
Not able to do alot with the arm - but I ordered the footpeg parts, gotta pull the fairing panel to make sure what to order.
I do feel like a dumbass, and it totally ruins my riding trip to Indy Motogp in August... looking forward to next year.

Paul in MD

Offline Conrad

Re: Hi my name is oops !
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 05:07:26 AM »
Sorry about that Paul. I hope that you heal up quickly and well.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:46:43 AM »
Bummer! Sorry to hear about that. Hope you recover soon. I lived with a bad shoulder for about a year before going to an orthopedic surgeon. Out patient surgery and a few months of physical therapy and I was good as new.

Offline DkKnight

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 09:28:04 AM »
Thanks Conrad - and good to hear Rhino,
Still waiting on treatment prognosis  :-\
Gonna try and get the bike repairs done during the down time.

Paul in MD

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 06:40:34 PM »
That sucks, man. I haven't dropped a bike for a long time, which means I'm over due. It's not if, it's when.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:06:14 PM »
I dropped a bike once. It was parked outside on a gravel/rocky driveway and I was attempting to ride into the barn, hit the cement stalled it out and went over. The fact that I was drunk had everything to do with it.
a. I NEVER drive a bike when drinking - even one.
b. They drink two to your one every time (the bike).
c. I learned that even moving it 10 feet was not smart.
Fortunately it was a full dress Harley so it only went over at "maybe" 45 degrees, so it was easy to pick up (backwards).
Ya dropping a bike is embarrassing even when no one is looking.  ;)
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.