Author Topic: Open house at Manassas kawasaki  (Read 3138 times)

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
Open house at Manassas kawasaki
« on: October 08, 2011, 07:13:35 AM »
Lots of sales if anyone is interested. Not affiliated, just passing on the info. My 16 year old just passed the apex course and got a book of coupons that are burning a hole in his pocket. So we're going this morning to get some farkles for his bike ( and mine too :)

Manassas Honda Kawasaki Suzuki
9105 Mathis Ave.
Manassas, VA  20110
703-361-2233
Will

Offline DkKnight

Re: Open house at Manassas kawasaki
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 03:45:14 AM »
Wish I had known ahead of time - good dealership there.

DK

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:24:20 AM »
I will never buy another thing from any of the Whitt owned dealerships after the way I got treated when ordering a set of pegs.  The parts guy was a decent guy, but all the managers (all their dealerships) and the owner are pieces of sh*t.  I ordered some pegs that I was told were in stock wherever they get them from and nothing was going to be back ordered.  Of course being a special order, I paid for them and there was no refunds.  A week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I called.  They had one in and I was informed that the other wasn't yet.  So I pick up peg 1 and wait another week.  I called again only to find out I was lied to and it was back ordered and would be 9-10 months before they got it in.  Of course since I was told they were in stock I went ahead and ordered them.  Well now what the hell am I going to do with just one peg so I asked for my money back for both and I would return the still unopened peg I did receive.  The parts guy went to all the managers and they all said no it is a special order and they weren't returning my money.  I was so mad because it was their mistake and I am out my money.  I could have burned the manager alive if I would have caught him alone.  On the phone he actually told me to F*** Off.   So the parts guy called me one day and said he found one at another dealership in stock if I wanted it.  Mind you not a Whitt owned dealership.   That was the last time I bought anything from them. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:15:38 PM by zsiska »

Offline roadie

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »
That blows hard!  Which dealership was that?  Hope not the Manassas one.  The only person there I find a bit unfriendly is one of the parts department guys.  Other than that, they've always taken care of me.  I'm even setup NOT to prepay for parts when I order from them.  During their sale last weekend, I picked up a new helmet for my son, some new Gerbing T-5 gloves, and the G4.
Will

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 03:11:08 PM »
Yep Manassas.  So now I wouldn't buy anything from their Kawasaki, Harley, or Suzuki dealership in Manassas.

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 05:54:17 AM »
Hope their service is good.  Never had a bike there for service, but had some tires mounted without issue. They're going to look at the venting issue on my C14's gas tank.
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)

Offline roadie

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM »
Nathan and Greg in the service department are great.  They took care of my VSTROM for a couple years, but I've only taken Connie there twice.  I've since grown a pair, and started doing my own maintenance.  First time was for 600 mile maintenance, and second time to slap some new tires on.  Since your in my area, I just picked up one of those harbor freight tire changing rigs and mojo lever, so feel free to hit me up when its time.

Only thing I hate about Manassas Kawi is the steep $95 an hour labour charge.  But guess they gotta eat too.  Often they give me the "family" discount, which i deeply appreciate.  Like you, I'd probably have to take in for the venting issue, if I couldn't get a fix from this forum.

Cheers,

Will
Will

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 06:48:53 AM »
You guys might want to check out MFI (Motorcycle Factory Inc) on the PW Parkway near Potomac Mills Mall.  I've used them for many years (mainly parts and tire mounting).  Shane runs the service department.  Bill runs the parts department.  Its a local family business and they take care of you.  MFI will price match with the pretty much anything you print out from the internet.  I just had the order an Avon Venom 42 for $145 plus tax.  It should be in tomorrow.

I don't like the shop on Mathis Avenue either.  Unless you are buying a bike and getting it financed thru them they act like they don't need you.  If you didn't get the bike from them (recently), they drag their feet about trying to get parts if they are a little hard to find and an "older" model year.

Coleman Powersport by the mall is even worse.  They're parts are marked higher than MSRP all the time.  They do stock a lot of accessories though.  I usually try something on there and order it thru MFI for at least 20% off.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 08:02:25 AM »
I'd try the fix myself, but with the warranty why bother....

I'd go to MFI, but they are a bit far for me especially if I'm dropping it off.
2012 Black Concours 1400

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 08:06:41 AM »
Nathan and Greg in the service department are great.  They took care of my VSTROM for a couple years, but I've only taken Connie there twice.  I've since grown a pair, and started doing my own maintenance.  First time was for 600 mile maintenance, and second time to slap some new tires on.  Since your in my area, I just picked up one of those harbor freight tire changing rigs and mojo lever, so feel free to hit me up when its time.

Only thing I hate about Manassas Kawi is the steep $95 an hour labour charge.  But guess they gotta eat too.  Often they give me the "family" discount, which i deeply appreciate.  Like you, I'd probably have to take in for the venting issue, if I couldn't get a fix from this forum.

Cheers,

Will

Thanks for the offer.  I'll be needing to put new tires on soon, since the stock 021's suck.  I've got better handling in the curves on my 02 with the Pilot GT's. It falls into the corners with me only turning my head.  I fought the 021's all last weekend in WV. Had to counter steer like crazy to get the bike to stay in the turn.
2012 Black Concours 1400