Author Topic: brrrrrrrr  (Read 57459 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
brrrrrrrr
« on: January 05, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »
Geettin chilly..
I hate negative temps....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: brrrrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 03:13:46 PM »
Funny how the same thing gets such different responses: I have a new wood stove and cannot wait for a real 'test drive'. Going to be below freezing here all week with a dip to -3F on Thursday.... yippie!

:-)

Brian

Geettin chilly..
I hate negative temps....
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 03:14:24 PM »
Can't wait for my heat pumps to kick into emergency...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 04:46:06 AM »
It's zero right now with a light wind.

Down to 10 below tonight.

Tomorrow's 'high' temp is minus 5

Tomorrow night's low, 17 below, wind chill temps of ~35 below.    :o

Nice and toasty in the house though since I have the wood stove cranked with a flue temp of ~1,600f (measured right after the catalyst).
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 04:49:20 AM »
show off...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 05:21:21 AM »
 ;D

My poor Dachshund has a very hard time when it get's really cold. Her feet get so cold that she limps and can hardly walk. I have to go out with her and help her back in the house. I've been using this stuff on her feet.

It really makes a difference. It keeps her feet drier so that the snow doesn't stick and then melt on her warm feet. The only problem is that it tastes good (to her apparently) and she tries to lick it off.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 05:28:56 AM »
Sounds like what happens to me when it gets cold.  I'll have to tell my wife about that cream so that she can do my feet.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 06:01:27 AM »
Sounds like what happens to me when it gets cold.  I'll have to tell my wife about that cream so that she can do my feet.
Someone has to ask....Apply it or lick it off? (as if we can't speculate)
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 06:09:06 AM »

Ever thought of wearing boots, Jim?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 06:09:42 AM »
I won't know how well it tastes until I try it.  However, as Conrad already has the cream, he should be able to do a taste taste for me.  I'll be eagerly waiting on the results.

Ever thought of wearing boots, Jim?

:doh:

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 07:02:31 AM »
Our Beagle also has foot problems in the cold. We've tried a couple of booties types, thick and thin. Thick are warmer but bother her walking, thin keep her dry and happy. They're like little balloons.

And it's officially too cold in Ottawa to work on the bike in the unheated garage.
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 09:00:36 AM »
Funny how the same thing gets such different responses: I have a new wood stove and cannot wait for a real 'test drive'. Going to be below freezing here all week with a dip to -3F on Thursday.... yippie!

:-)

Brian

Heat wave today, we hit 10 ..single digits rest of the week...
Without a job, I've had to cut and haul all the firewood this year, in wheelbarrow loads, 150 yards uphill from the back property, luckily I had a big tree fall there, and have been using it sparingly. Can't afford to buy wood this year... dammit.
Getting old sucks.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »
I won't know how well it tastes until I try it.  However, as Conrad already has the cream, he should be able to do a taste taste for me.  I'll be eagerly waiting on the results.

Bosco gives the cream two paws up! I'll take her word for it since I ain't gonna taste it. It does smell good though, kinda minty.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 09:21:41 AM »
Heat wave today, we hit 10 ..single digits rest of the week...
Without a job, I've had to cut and haul all the firewood this year, in wheelbarrow loads, 150 yards uphill from the back property, luckily I had a big tree fall there, and have been using it sparingly. Can't afford to buy wood this year... dammit.
Getting old sucks.

It's better than the alternative though, at least as far as we know...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 09:23:46 AM »
Our Beagle also has foot problems in the cold. We've tried a couple of booties types, thick and thin. Thick are warmer but bother her walking, thin keep her dry and happy. They're like little balloons.

And it's officially too cold in Ottawa to work on the bike in the unheated garage.

I tried the dog boots before. Bosco hated them and she would kick them right off.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 10:09:33 AM »
;D

My poor Dachshund has a very hard time when it get's really cold. Her feet get so cold that she limps and can hardly walk. I have to go out with her and help her back in the house. I've been using this stuff on her feet.

It really makes a difference. It keeps her feet drier so that the snow doesn't stick and then melt on her warm feet. The only problem is that it tastes good (to her apparently) and she tries to lick it off.

-18F (again) forecast for tonight and a high of -4 tomorrow. Winter Windchill Warning (-45F) until Thursday.
Our Dachshund loves it outside in the snow until it goes below about 30F. Then in just a few minutes a back foot comes up off the snow and she will just lock up and stand there and wait for you to come pick her up or else I think she would stand there and freeze solid. Seems a common traight of the breed. Everyone I know of that has/had the Dachshunds says theirs did the same thing in the cold. 
I will have to try that cream stuff. But the last thing she needs is more to lick or eat. This cold weather and extended couch time is packing on the weight.

This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 10:42:33 AM »
Some days are better than others.....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 03:24:50 PM »
Some days are better than others.....

someday, you people will run out of fresh drinking water... when it happens, we will send it to you... for an extreme cost...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 03:35:44 PM »
MoB, I would send you some of our 115 degree warmth if I could. For free!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 04:40:58 PM »
I think that you guys could arrange a swap of sorts.