Author Topic: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]  (Read 71732 times)

Offline Mr Lance

Re: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. :D
I'm waiting on risers, nothing life or death. Still, all things considered, I'm thinking it shouldn't be that hard to shoot out a quick email to reassure us that he's on it and maybe give an ETA on the item. Basically, he could copy and paste most of the email from one customer to the next and just fill in one or two custom lines.

Offline Steven C

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2014, 08:02:57 PM »
Well..I did receive my backrest...I guess I just got unlucky and caught him at a REALLY bad time..I am quite impressed with the build quality.
2009 Red, Two brother carbon fiber with Juice Box.
Cycle Sounds amp'd speakers.1 1/2" Risers
1 off seat. Baileys Windscreen

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
A while ago I had a similar horrible experience with California Sport Touring (CAST), maybe it's something with the name. They sent the wrong gizmo, then were unresponsive, had to get VISA involved to get a complete refund.
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2014, 11:23:06 AM »
I ordered handlebar risers for my 2012 Kawasaki Concours from their website on 22 May 2014. The website states shipment time as 7 days. Their website claims that they notify you by email when the order is shipped. I waited for 8 days but received no notices of shipment or the product. I emailed them 2 times with no response received. On the 3th email inquiry on 1 June, Ryan, the owner emailed me back on 2 June and stated the following:
"Hello,
Sorry for the delay. I hit a deer while out riding a couple weeks ago and I'm just now back getting this place running properly again. It looks like your order didn't ship because the guys ran out of stock on that item. I'm having an express run of the product produced. They'll be shipping from my supplier on Wednesday. I should have them very soon after that. I'll ship it express the moment they arrive.

- advancedsporttouring1"

He was stating that his supplier would ship to him on Wednesday, 4 June and he should receive them soon. I have not heard anything until 10 June at which time I sent another inquiry and he responded stating that he is receiving it on 11 June and sending it tome right away. Today is 22 June. I do not have anything shipped and he is ignoring the 2 emails I sent. This is a horrible business with no ethics. DO NOT buy from them!

he is a one man show and was indeed in a motorcycle accident, along with tying to relocate his buisness and is still trying to get back on his feet
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:23:05 PM by maxtog »

Offline Mr Lance

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2014, 08:10:04 PM »
Pretty much my exact scenario. I'm done. Calling tomorrow to try and get my credit card charge refunded.  >:(

Offline Mr Lance

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2014, 11:21:12 AM »
Just an update -
I decided to wait a few more days and I finally did get an email telling me that my risers were shipping. I just got them and everything appears to be correct. He does seem like a good guy and I have only heard good things about his products. Hopefully, he'll learn from all this and have some new systems in place to communicate.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2014, 03:26:49 PM »
To me it is just ridiculous to operate a business and not return emails if that is your only form of communication. 

Offline MadMac1!

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
After reading a lot on the internet about advanced sport touring I ordered the highway pegs. My money was taken from my account in a couple of days. After a week or so I emailed and called for about two weeks before hearing from Ryan. He explained the accident and the back order of the part. I was happy. A month has passed and I should be getting my pegs so I emailed him to check on the order. Two weeks of emailing and calling have gotten ZERO response. I also noticed that his Facebook page is gone. All I want is my pegs. As a Concours owner I would love to be a customer but not the way its gone so far. What ever the issues he has I would not use his business at this time until something changes and if I don't get my pegs in a  week or two I will begin the process of getting my money back.

Offline Phil

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 10:58:08 AM »
To me it is just ridiculous to operate a business and not return emails if that is your only form of communication.

NEVER AGAIN WILL I DEAL WITH AST. I’M PISSED.
[/size]Not to long ago, there was a dialog here about people not knowing if and when their orders were going to be processed and the poor communications provided by Advanced Sport Touring.[/color]
[/size]On June 11, 2014 (almost a full month ago), I ordered Passenger Peg Lowering Brackets ($75 + $13.60 for 2 day shipping). The item clearly noted that the item normally ships within 2 - 3 days. Great - plenty of time for my gals birthday on June 24.[/color]
Well, I waited and waited and in hast of planning her big party of 40 people, it slipped my mind. And then I remembered the foot-pegs - after the party on the 24th. Did they arrive at all? Had she picked them up at the mailbox and not tell me. Had I gotten them and hid them so that she wouldn’t find them? I looked all over my home in the usual spots. I searched maybe 5 times. It drove me crazy.
June 26
I looked online at the site to get an update - and on PayPal. I checked my email just to make sure. On my order status, it read:
"ITEM SHIPPED OR REACHED THE FNAL STAGES OF PROCESSING” ??? What the hell does that mean? Did it ship or not.
July 1, 2014: Emailed Ryan at AST asking for the tracking number.
NO RESPONSE.

July 3, 2014: Emailed Ryan again, this time saying this was my second request for shipping data, but now included the fact that I’m a very active member on the Concours 14 Enthusiast page on Facebook with 850 members.
July 7, 2014 01:17AM (today): I get an email entitled “Advanced Sport Touring has sent you a package”. The form email said that the mailing date was 7/7/2014 !! When I woke, I clicked the link for tracking data, it is noted “NOT YET IN THE SYSTEM”. Six hours later, I finally see that the package had just shipped.
There wasn’t any communications as to why this order took a full month, and I’m positive that any other order could have continued to sit idle had I not kept badgering him and referenced this Facebook page. There is no excuse for this. NONE.

I am due to get my order, a month after the fact, in two days.  We’ll see, but considering that this guy has been holding on to my money is unspeakable.  He needs me more than I need him. 
The damage that this guy has done in the past six months is mind boggling.  I have read excuse after excuse, and don’t buy it.  Sad really.
Phil, aka Boston Bagger
===============
2010 Concours 14, 2008 BMW K1200GT, 2007 BMW K1200GT, 2004 BMW R1150RT, 2001 Harley ElectraGlide STD., 1999 Honda Shadow 750 ACE, 1971 Yamaha 360 Enduro RT-1,  1968 Yamaha 125 / 175 Enduro AT-1, 1963 Honda 250 Scrambler

Offline Cuda

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 04:52:55 PM »
Who else makes those lowering foot pegs that you want?
If this was one of your big problems in life ...
FEEL LUCKY :grouphug:
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Phil

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2014, 12:36:34 AM »
Who else makes those lowering foot pegs that you want?  If this was one of your big problems in life ...

Hey Cuda.  This is not a big problem in my life.  Far from it.  I was getting ready to say goodbye to my $80 that has been sitting in his account - not mine - days shy of a full month.  It’s always easier to talk about other people’s money when it’s not your own, but the simple fact is that this guy, has been doing this as routine.  The real problem is that you can’t contest an order via PayPal beyond 30 days. After I emailed him a clipping of my writeup below after posting the post, I got not one, but two responses from Ryan, so he’s reading his emails but choosing to ignore most of them.  That is the part that’s annoying.  How coincidental that he responded so quickly when it become important to him.  Had I not written earlier and noted that I was active on the Kawasaki Concours 14 Enthusiast page on Facebook - would my product have been shipped within the 30 day limit?  I don’t think so.  I think the only the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Phil, aka Boston Bagger
===============
2010 Concours 14, 2008 BMW K1200GT, 2007 BMW K1200GT, 2004 BMW R1150RT, 2001 Harley ElectraGlide STD., 1999 Honda Shadow 750 ACE, 1971 Yamaha 360 Enduro RT-1,  1968 Yamaha 125 / 175 Enduro AT-1, 1963 Honda 250 Scrambler

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2014, 04:56:27 AM »
Shades of Motorcycle Larry ( I wouldn't use them either)...  I can certainly understand the viewpoints of the riders who in good faith placed orders with AST expecting to get their goods in a reasonable amount of time.  This discussion has swayed me to stay away from that vendor as the discussions in the past swayed me to stay away from ML and crew.  I do have sympathy for the owners of these businesses but it is a business and not a hobby as far as I'm concerned as money is exchanged for goods.  Contingencies have to be made when something happens to the owner of the business, otherwise, these sorts of things happen.  Good communications is key and if you can't do that, you need to be doing something else.  As for those who've had good experiences with this vendor that's all well and good for you but if you're the one that's been taken advantage of you have to understand their points as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »
I think it is a stretch to compare Ryan To Larry.  Larry had a terrible accident and unfortunately never recovered, RIP.  His family did the best they could under the circumstances.  Ryan on the other hand has chosen for weeks who he wants to deal with.  I hate to say it but it just seems there is more to it.  A move and deer accident is an understandable situation, but several weeks later removing your Facebook account when called out on it, not answering emails or calls, and just flat out abandoning customers has led me to have my own opinions.  Ryan provided EXCELLENT service for a good time and that is what makes this hard to understand. 

Maybe some members are correct to defend Ryan, but how hard is it to place a DISCLAIMER on the webpage stating the issues at hand or just shut it down until the issue can be resolved?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:03:53 PM by 556ALPHA »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2014, 05:55:58 PM »
Rich, while I can sympathize with the owner having physical issues, this is the electronic age..  Answering an email doesn't take that long and doesn't take any real physical effort.  Quite frankly I agree with the whining newbies about not getting their goods on time and poor customer service.  There isn't any excuse for that as far as I'm concerned.  He has no backup, no one working with him to help out with the business aspect, no family?  Someone should be able to take up the slack or post something on the website with something saying that the business is on hold until he recovers.  I'd be just as angry as the whining newbies if it happened to me.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2014, 08:12:43 PM »
This is the about the ONLY person making ONE of a kind , trick parts for our ZG 14
Makes a major move with lots of stuff (Shop wise) , has to set up a shop , then has a major accident
Who knows everything that's happen?
Yeah he should this , should that, I'm a business owner and I get overwhelmed , saw a Guy  Monday that called me three weeks ago, was as nice as ever, lots of my customers wait with no problem , they know  I'll get to it, the ones that call and call I blow off. 

Two months ago I ordered new steering for my race boat , they said It will be shipped Monday!
Six weeks later I received my parts, they called said they dropped the ball and paid the shipping,
That's LIFE

I think we should Tar and feather him :battle: :cannon: :1DeadBanana
The way Doctors pass out pills these days he could have been chasing UNICORNS

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:57:05 PM by Cuda »
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2014, 11:16:29 PM »
something tells me to keep my opinion about this thread...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2014, 11:56:04 PM »
July 7, 2014 , 9:02 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
CANADA
July 7, 2014 , 9:02 pm
Customs Clearance
CANADA
July 4, 2014 , 12:51 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
July 4, 2014 , 12:50 pm
Arrived at Sort Facility
ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
July 1, 2014
Electronic Shipping Info Received
July 1, 2014 , 5:37 pm
Depart Post Office
HUDSON, FL 34667
July 1, 2014 , 2:39 pm
Acceptance
HUDSON, FL 34667

Patience and understanding goes a long way.
Good things come to those who wait.
All the best Ryan and wish you a speedy recovery.
I have had email communication with AST since my order was placed and am glad to see its on its way.

I've ordered multiple farkels over the internet over the years and waited weeks and months for some.
 I waited 9 weeks for a shock from Ohlins for my Bandit with minimal communication from them.
10 weeks for my wave rotors from Galfer only to be told that it takes time to process special orders. Once installed they were both worth the wait.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 06:12:27 AM »
It's only a motorcycle, people. It's not life or death. God forbid something even worse has happened to Ryan and neither he nor anyone else can or wants to communicate what other problems he is having that is making the delays. I'll say it again.......IT'S ONLY A MOTORCYCLE!.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 06:19:47 AM »
It's only a motorcycle, people. It's not life or death. God forbid something even worse has happened to Ryan and neither he nor anyone else can or wants to communicate what other problems he is having that is making the delays. I'll say it again.......IT'S ONLY A MOTORCYCLE!.
If only people would get so concerned about who they vote for.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2014, 06:21:08 AM »
You're right, it's just a MC and there are other vendors out there that communicate a bit better and sell similar products for the most part.