Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853151 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #320 on: December 04, 2014, 07:23:06 AM »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #321 on: December 04, 2014, 07:26:50 AM »

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #322 on: December 04, 2014, 07:32:15 AM »
If enough interest is generate,  it would be easy for me to whip up PVC spacers for the battery to sit in
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline galaxieman

« Reply #323 on: December 04, 2014, 08:10:14 AM »
This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-BTL14A240C-Lithium-Phosphate/dp/B00F9LPJ8S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417702942&sr=8-3&keywords=LFX21A6-BS12

$97.53!! Suddenly Lithium Iron battery starts to make sense.

That one exactly, bought on Amazon.  It is TINY.  I have pictures on my phone, but no cell phone signal here in the dungeon at work, but the amount of empty space around the battery is rather mindblowing.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #324 on: December 06, 2014, 12:44:15 AM »
Today I totally messed up my windshield trying to tint it and now I gotta buy a new one. I am a lil pissed least to say.
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #325 on: December 06, 2014, 04:18:54 AM »
Law of unintended consequences strikes again...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #326 on: December 06, 2014, 06:01:45 AM »
Today I totally messed up my windshield trying to tint it and now I gotta buy a new one. I am a lil pissed least to say.

Been there done that. I tried to tint a spare shield and the spray valve on the rattle can started to sputter, messing up my attempt at a nice even coat. It pissed me off and I ended up blacking out the shield entirely. I ended up cutting it down after that and here's the result.

A fine shield for warm temps.

[smg id=349]
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tomp

« Reply #327 on: December 06, 2014, 12:20:36 PM »
Try using plasti-dip on the inside of the screen.  If you don't like it, just peel it off. 

Found this video this AM.  Thought I would share.  No, no Concours in it, but worth the time to view. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk-R0QjGUVQ
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Jim H

« Reply #328 on: December 14, 2014, 12:39:42 PM »
  Finally got around to putting the 2" pull back risers on and the BDF low fuel override!  Both went on without a hitch! 

Offline tomp

« Reply #329 on: December 14, 2014, 12:47:30 PM »
Rode a while yesterday, and was going to ride again longer today, since we had 0% chance of rain, but it's been raining a while now.  No reason to go out in it, as people get crazy when there's moisture on the ground here...  Hope those who can get out today will do so. . . tp

sailor_chic

« Reply #330 on: December 15, 2014, 06:43:41 AM »
Jim, your gonna love the low fuel eliminater. You just have to remember to pay attention to the fuel gauge and remaining miles.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #331 on: December 15, 2014, 07:12:14 AM »
Jim, your gonna love the low fuel eliminater. You just have to remember to pay attention to the fuel gauge and remaining miles.

+1 Those Kawi PANIC!!! messages is the most annoying thing about this bike. Thinking of permanently removing the TPMS sensors to get rid the of the low battery panic message. Would rather just go old school then deal with that every time the temperature goes below 40.

Offline Jim H

« Reply #332 on: December 15, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »

Not a problem there...remember I had a vmax!  LOL  no gauges and when that red light came on it was a guessing game! HA HA

I actually took the wife out to the pole barn/garage to look at how pretty the risers are!  The weather here is not cooperating....plus they salted the crap out of the roads this past week.  Too dirty to go out and play.  Ride a few miles for me!

sailor_chic

« Reply #333 on: December 20, 2014, 05:37:15 PM »
Today I took the dash apart (twice)and colored the high beam indicator to dim it down. I also started working on installing my Fuzeblock so I can wire my GPS and driving lights. It took all afternoon to do not much. Time consuming stuff.
I was hoping to get on the road Monday and take the long way to Tybee Island GA. But Mother Nature has different ideas :(

Offline tomp

« Reply #334 on: December 20, 2014, 06:20:23 PM »
Low 50's here today and overcast.  Went for a ride.  All was fine except my hands got kinda cold.  Going on a 300 mile trip tomorrow with the same conditions.  Wish I had the heated grips, and all would be fine.  tp

sailor_chic

« Reply #335 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:25 AM »
Wish we were closer, we could ride together

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #336 on: December 21, 2014, 07:11:35 AM »
Installed Admore lights, and a Vista Cruise/throttle lock to the bike.
No rain, but overcast and nasty here this morning. Hoping for a break in the clouds this afternoon..

Ride safe, Ted

Offline tomp

« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2014, 04:34:08 PM »
Wish we were closer, we could ride together

I think we are only about  1000 miles apart.   How are things with the new riding buddy, or should I not ask?

I did do my ride today, helping a friend deliver Christmas gifts to his family.  An uneventful day except for one thing.  I hit a deer, a fully grown doe, to be exact.  Traveling on a country road at 70MPH, and one second she was no where in my line of sight, the next she was running right in front of me.  She jumped a barbed wire fence, I guess to get to the other side. 

Had I been going 1 MPH faster, or she had been 1 step slower, I would have T-Boned her at 70.  As it was, I struck the right hindquarter at speed, and all it did was shake the bars a little. I know I hit her hard though, from the feel I got.   Stopped to check, NO damage to the bike at all, but bet something was broken on the deer.  Had only been riding for 20 minutes when it happened, and since it happened so fast, I didn't even get an adrenalin rush, so I rode another 250 miles, event free.   

Guess I was prayed up, and being watched over, as I could have been just another motorcycle statistic, had things been just a hair different.  Wishing all a Merry Christmas a little soon, since I can. . . tomp

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2014, 04:41:59 PM »
 :yikes: Glad to see you posting.

Offline tomp

« Reply #339 on: December 21, 2014, 04:44:28 PM »
:yikes: Glad to see you posting.

Thanks.  I am too...  tp