Author Topic: does dealer have to flash tire press. sensors?  (Read 7809 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: does dealer have to flash tire press. sensors?
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 03:05:49 PM »
I believe Murph was offering that service (Murph's kits).

Kawasaki says the TPS batteries should last approximately 5 years. A lot of them seem to be failing long before that age though. The TPS sensors have been changed twice but they <seem> to be using the same technology and battery as the first units. Perhaps the low voltage warning has been set a bit lower and these new sensors will go longer before generating the warning.

Brian

It just cost me $34 to get the sensor programmed this morning. I should be good for awile I hope. How long do the batteries in these last approx? Someone needs to do a replacement battery service for these
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Z71

Re: does dealer have to flash tire press. sensors?
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 09:50:09 PM »

Kawasaki says the TPS batteries should last approximately 5 years. A lot of them seem to be failing long before that age though. The TPS sensors have been changed twice but they <seem> to be using the same technology and battery as the first units. Perhaps the low voltage warning has been set a bit lower and these new sensors will go longer before generating the warning.

Brian

I have "low TPS sensor battery" message flashing now for both sensors when I first ride the bike.  At first it was only he rear one. The bike is an '09 with low miles.

For the asking price these clowns have for these sensors,  the batteries should last at least 50 years, not 5.