Author Topic: new bike  (Read 4045 times)

Offline mellow yellow

new bike
« on: September 26, 2019, 03:53:09 PM »
well, finally bit the bullet. Donated my connie  (12,000+ miles on her.). Got me a Royal enfield Himalayan. Had to hop on the highway the first couple of times because of running late for work. will never be in the passing lane again. I've accepted my new steed's limitation when it comes to horse power. but she'll suit me for the stuff I have planned.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: new bike
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 04:07:17 PM »
The pictures didn't post.  ::)

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 04:09:30 PM »
well, finally bit the bullet. Donated my connie  (12,000+ miles on her.). Got me a Royal enfield Himalayan. Had to hop on the highway the first couple of times because of running late for work. will never be in the passing lane again. I've accepted my new steed's limitation when it comes to horse power. but she'll suit me for the stuff I have planned.
From a Concours to a Himalayan?  That’s like going from a Corvette to a Smart car!   ;)
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 12:33:15 AM »
That is a substantial transformation
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 10:40:20 AM »
Deffo sucks to be you!
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 05:21:08 PM »
where in the heck did you find one here in the USA?, and what kind of service network is here to keep up with it??

What model year? did ya buy it "new"..? How much did it cost ?... looks like a very viable bike for "round town, and dirt road fun".

I looked at the website, and altho it's kinda "funky but cool" as an affordable "adventure style" bike.. even tho I like the look, it wouldn't seem a smart purchase for me, based on limited parts and service mode..  as I can't find "local sourcing" online.

but judging from the 12k miles you had on your Conni, I guess you really don't cover a lot of ground.. even then, a cheap used dual sport, from the 90's would likely have covered your needs, and still be viable for freeway use, and parts when needed.

interesting bike tho...

I wonder if the factory got the idea for "creating that bike" from our friend Gaurav Jani, who ran a road bike thru every possible scenario, and filmed it.... epic adventures for sure.... I have both DVD's, and have a set that were signed, when we hosted him for a screening of "Crazy Ride" in Richmond...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riding_Solo_to_the_Top_of_the_World

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Crazy_Ride

https://youtu.be/mkb4558ym5w

I have to think Enfield specifically targeted this new Himalayan ... with the market to capitalize on Gaurav's films... pretty cheesy in my opinion... but if they gave him a new bike, I would say they needed to back him a bit more so he could continue his sharing of far places..
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 05:57:37 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline mellow yellow

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »
Sorry about the late submission. the connie had 112,000+ miles on her. purchased the himalayan new for 4900 minus the tax and other fees.

Offline sport rider

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »
This obviously never happened since we STILL don't have any pics!   ;D ;D ;D

what have been your observations so far?  We talk a good bit about this bike on the china bike forum I'm a member of.

Offline mellow yellow

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 07:57:44 PM »
can't seem to post pics. it's in kimg format. so far I'm enjoying the bike. it's about 200 lbs. lighter than the connie. very nimble, and it doesn't have all that plastic that you have to take off, to work on her. the only short coming so far is that I can't ride the left lane on the highway anymore. are you referring to the CSC site? when I figure out how to post pics. I'll post them. purchased the bike at a dealership in northern jersey.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 01:30:26 PM »
kimg?  Can't say I've heard of that one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 03:26:42 AM »
https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/motorcycles/himalayan/

411cc single with 24.5 Bhp of raw unmitigated power  :rotflmao:
I'm told they are pretty rugged and good off-road, but not for me, at least not as a road bike.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK