Author Topic: Canyon Cage hardwre  (Read 932 times)

Offline blue72beetle

Canyon Cage hardwre
« on: June 03, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »
I just got a set of pre-owned Canyon Cages. Problem is they didn't come with mounting hardware. I asked MCE if they could sell me a hardware set and they couldn't help me out.
I've read the front mounting bolts can be a pain to remove, are those bolts re-used?
Seems the rear bolt is where my problem lies, this is a custom bolt that's longer and replaces the rear engine mount bolt, correct?

Offline Jgiacobbe

Re: Canyon Cage hardwre
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 05:33:04 PM »
I looked close at that set on ebay and passed on them for this reason. I ended up buying a set of R&G adventure bars because that appeared to be all I can find. I am very certain the R&G bars have to come off to remove the fairing.

Good luck getting hardware.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 05:39:34 PM »
If you know the sizes, check with Fastenal, either local store (if you have one), or online. They have either had or been able to get just about every odd ball sized fastener I’ve ever needed.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline 82mech

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 08:02:58 PM »
pics of the rear bolt,  let me know if you need any details to make your own...

Offline blue72beetle

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 08:52:23 PM »
Awesome, thank you. Would anyone happen to have the install instructions scanned?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 10:41:55 PM »
Awesome, thank you. Would anyone happen to have the install instructions scanned?

For some reason, I can only find for the rear/bags, not the front bars.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Texas Concours14

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 08:24:37 AM »
Would anyone happen to have the install instructions scanned?
Here you go....along with two other documents: (1) forum postings about installation and (2) fairing cut, which allows removal of plastic without taking off the canyon cages.

2010 C14 ABS

Offline blue72beetle

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 08:29:44 AM »
Excellent, thanks!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 02:54:49 PM »
Here you go....along with two other documents: (1) forum postings about installation and (2) fairing cut, which allows removal of plastic without taking off the canyon cages.

Neat (and part of those docs is from me)!
Anyway, now I can save them and not have to tear apart the house looking for them.  I KNOW I have the front instructions somewhere...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc