Author Topic: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]  (Read 71726 times)

Offline Drugless

Re: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2014, 10:12:23 PM »
So is he only ripping off his international customers or will he get around to us eventually?
I'd love some clarification on this......
It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact. (Like I always do)
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2014, 05:46:17 AM »
I really feel bad for ASTs circumstances but at this point I would not recommend them as someone to go to for anything at this point.

If there is someone here who can contact him directly to get this sorted I think that everyone would appreciate it, especially the ones who have paid money and got nothing in return.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mopdog

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2014, 08:21:18 AM »
Its not just the International...I cant seem to get my stuff or even an email. Paypal will have my money returned from them soon.

Offline mopdog

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2014, 07:53:58 PM »
I just wish paypal didnt take 10 days or that AST would respond to to payapl so I can get my money back!!!!! What a crappy way to do business, even if he had problems its just an email!!! I have to wait because it would suck to order another one and then he would respond as soon as I did.

Offline Jim H

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2014, 10:07:16 AM »
  I have been thinking of getting his pull back risers, but can not fathom what this guy is thinking.  So many people have heard nothing and gotten nothing???  There has to be someone who knows him or lives close enough to get the story!  When I was a VMOA (Vmax Owners Association) director and just member we have people all over the country and looked out for each other!

Jim

Offline mopdog

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2014, 07:33:16 PM »
VMOA was great for that stuff....and I used to love the mag!

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
May want to try contacting him though Facebook. He seems to be constantly posting on there.... https://www.facebook.com/ryan.niquette
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)

sailor_chic

« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »
VMOA was great for that stuff....and I used to love the mag!
I totally agree!  I thought it was great.  Still have my 06 Max!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »
Wow, first poster here, I need an opinion.... I was thinking about ordering something from Ryan, but I don't have the time to read the posts, or do a search... I was gonna drop about $2000 on farkles that I just can't live without, but need to know if I should, or should not send the money..... any comments?

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Cuda

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2014, 07:45:51 PM »
Wow, first poster here, I need an opinion.... I was thinking about ordering something from Ryan, but I don't have the time to read the posts, or do a search... I was gonna drop about $2000 on farkles that I just can't live without, but need to know if I should, or should not send the money..... any comments?

Just send ME your $ I'll get you what you need ;)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline AlanS

« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »
PayPal ruled in favor of my dispute, the funds pulled by AST has been reversed and placed in my PayPal account.
Glad this is over and got my funds back, hope the rest of you get a resolution to orders as well.
Don't Panic!
'08 Suzuki DR650SE Mootzimo
'09 Honda GL1800Navi/XM HAFACAR
'12 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2014, 01:01:17 PM »
I placed a order with AST on 8/21/14 for backrest. Ryan does not answer emails
or phone calls???

The problem is he got the money up front

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline AlanS

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »
If you used PayPal you will have to open a transaction dispute to get your money back, worked for me.
If you used a credit card just call the card people and have them pull the charge back.
Buyer beware on AST.
Just my opinion.
Don't Panic!
'08 Suzuki DR650SE Mootzimo
'09 Honda GL1800Navi/XM HAFACAR
'12 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

Offline Jim H

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2014, 03:32:20 PM »
  I looked at his BBB rating and it is an F.  I actually emailed him and asked if he would explain what is going on.  If he is having issues he needs to address them....I told him he is missing out on a lot of business!  I saw a pair of his pull back risers on Walker18's (jim's) bike and they are very nice.  I would love to get a pair...but.......

Jim H

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2014, 07:31:31 PM »
Code   Item   Qty   Price   Grand Total
V1   CONCOURS 14 Throttlemeister
[Bike Year:2014]
[Finish:Black/Silver Milled]   1   $135.00   $135.00
C14-03   2 inch Pullback Risers
1   $160.00   $160.00

Subtotal:   $295.00
     Tax:   $0.00
     Shipping Cost:   $51.95
     Grand Total:   $346.95
Ordered these on 06/03/14. Received the risers on 07/08/14 bare metal(no paint finish) and mismatched fasteners. No Throttlemeister or reason as to why. After multiple emails I have yet to have any contact with AST. Ryan has not refunded my money or even tried to explain the reason for the missing throttle lock.
 It might be different if I knew why, but at this point I have no interest in doing business with this vendor again.
There are many reputable and honourable vendors with similar Farkels willing to look after this market.

Credit card reversed $135.00 in charges for the Throttlemeister that wasn't delivered, 3 months after the order.  :)

Might have had to paint the risers but they work well for me. No issues with quality just the finish.

I would say my mistake was I hadn't researched this Forum before I purchased the items from AST. I didn't start using this site until 5 days after my purchase.
Hopefully Ryan steps up and gets his business sorted out.  :chugbeer: :popcorn:

Offline Drugless

« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2015, 12:10:42 AM »
I received in the mail today a parcel. Now not having ordered anything over the internet for many months after having been burned by a particular online vendor, I was very curious. The item was in fact the one I'd ordered from AST in the middle of last year!! It's taken nearly eight months, but its here. So after much muttering and cursing over the months, I retract all the nasty things I said about online vendors and this one in particular.
Thank you Ryan from AST. I will now recommend you to any and all who may listen. It might take a while but you get there in the end.
It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact. (Like I always do)
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2015, 01:46:03 PM »
sorry Drugless but... why retract? 8 months for an order? may I presume that they took your money just after placing the order? How's that worth a recommendation?  :o
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline clogan

« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2015, 02:27:59 PM »
sorry Drugless but... why retract? 8 months for an order? may I presume that they took your money just after placing the order? How's that worth a recommendation?  :o

I may be wrong, but I inferred that AST filled the order without charge, as a goodwill gesture, the OP having received credit/reversed charges back several months ago after giving up on the order.

Maybe OP will clarify.
I'm with Martin: how does an 8-month delivery time deserve an "atta-boy"... unless it was gratis?

Edit: Guess I was wrong...see posts below. Got to admire the OP's patience...many of us would have filed for a refund after a couple- three weeks. I know I would have.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:25:38 AM by clogan »
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline Drugless

« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2015, 12:07:55 AM »
No you're right, 8 months IS too long without even an apology or explanation,  but the order has been filled. I won't be ordering from Ryan again,  but I won't be bagging him either.
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2015, 12:39:21 AM »
No you're right, 8 months IS too long without even an apology or explanation,  but the order has been filled.

But did you pay for the order?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc