Author Topic: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]  (Read 71738 times)

Offline mikeb2411

Re: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2015, 06:14:16 PM »
I'm bummed...been emailing him for the last 3 weeks and haven't heard  thing back from him. I want to order to order the pullbacks but don't want to do it until I get his attention! Glad you're lovin' yours...hope I can say the same thing soon.  :(
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2015, 06:15:27 PM »
That probably should tell you something.... ::)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Hiddenmickey

« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »
I was VERY cautious just like you several months back but I'll have to give them credit. They had my order out to me hella fast and didn't do all the other things that people were smearing them about so I'd honestly place a second order with them if I had to. Keep us posted though!
Mike

My order was in my mail box 4 days later.  I feel lucky.  I went and bought a lotto ticket.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2015, 08:56:06 AM »
I hope it doesn't sound like I'm "smearing" his name ???. I have ordered from him in the past and he was quick to get everything to me. But he was also answering emails so I'm having a hard time placing an internet order without first talking with him via email...I'd like to know I have his attention first. I have read all the "horror stories" of people ordering from him and not receiving anything and having to try and get the purchase resolved through their CC Fraud Dept. or PayPal resolution center...I'm trying to avoid that.

Like I said, Ryan has delivered to me in the past but he was also responding to emails so I'm a bit nervous about just "throwing" it out there!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline fredthefence

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2015, 10:33:47 AM »
I ordered pullback risers from AST on 3-16-15. Money was deducted from my a/c same day and then, despite several unanswered emails and phone calls, - nothing. I finally had the charge cancelled and a claim is pending.

I would not recommend anyone to order anything from these people.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2015, 11:27:55 AM »
I ordered pullback risers from AST on 3-16-15. Money was deducted from my a/c same day and then, despite several unanswered emails and phone calls, - nothing. I finally had the charge cancelled and a claim is pending.

I would not recommend anyone to order anything from these people.

NOOOO!!! I didn't want to hear that!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline Power of Soul

« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2015, 09:31:42 PM »
Let me add my experience.  I ordered the C14 LED light bar.  I received it in  about 3 days.  I had a question on the install.  So I called and could get no answer...
So, I used his chat feature that he has on the website.  response was in seconds.  I asked that he call me and he did.  He spent a great deal of time going over the install with me.  He said he cannot hear the phone ring, but has his PC connected to a large LED screen in his shop, so he is able to see when someone sends him a chat.  I asked him about the issues he has been dealing with on this site, it all goes down to suppliers...he has not control over that,  he's not Mother Kawasaki, but a small business.   Anyway I am happy with the Light combo I bought, it works.  I recommend him and will do business with him in the future.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2015, 12:50:08 AM »
Let me add my experience.  I ordered the C14 LED light bar.  I received it in  about 3 days.  I had a question on the install.  So I called and could get no answer...
So, I used his chat feature that he has on the website.  response was in seconds.  I asked that he call me and he did.  He spent a great deal of time going over the install with me.  He said he cannot hear the phone ring, but has his PC connected to a large LED screen in his shop, so he is able to see when someone sends him a chat.  I asked him about the issues he has been dealing with on this site, it all goes down to suppliers...he has not control over that,  he's not Mother Kawasaki, but a small business.   Anyway I am happy with the Light combo I bought, it works.  I recommend him and will do business with him in the future.

Good to know...thanks! Like I said, I have bought from him and it was a good experience. I also bought the LED light bar. I will try the chat.
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2015, 11:41:59 AM »
Has anyone placed an order with AST in the last couple of weeks?
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »
Even his "Live Help" isn't working (at least on my computer anyway).
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline blueverclear

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2015, 03:16:45 AM »
Even his "Live Help" isn't working (at least on my computer anyway).

I actually talked to him on Friday April 17th through live chat first, then email, and then he called me because I had some questions. He also told me that he was having some issues with suppliers but that he found some new ones and finally starting to get some stuff done.

Right now he is out of the one piece pullback risers but he does have plenty of the standard 2 inch risers and the pullback riser adapters which together cost me $135 vs the one piece pullback riser which cost $175. Not only does it cost less to do a 2 piece system you actually get a better lift and pull back out of it also. The one piece pullback riser is a 2" rise and a 2" pullback and probably looks cleaner. With the 2 piece system including the standard riser and riser adapter you get a 2.5" rise and between a 2" - 2.25" pullback which to me is better!

I placed my order on Friday evening and completed the purchase through PayPal. I am supposed to be receiving an email confirmation including a tracking number when it ships out which should be Monday. I will keep everyone posted on the progress of my order!
Grant
08 Concours 14
04 Custom Roadstar Bagger
Sold: 07 ZX-14, 06 ZX10R, 05 FZ1, 05 R1, 03 Mean Streak, 00 Cbr 600 F4, 99 Roadstar, 99 Magna, 95 GSXR 750

Offline Sandylee

« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2015, 07:43:17 AM »
I ordered three items from Ryan on Wednesday and had email with tracking number that they were shipped within a couple hours. They arrived yesterday so no complaints from me.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2015, 06:36:28 PM »
I too spoke with him last week (finally got the Live Chat to work). Now, I was waiting for the 2" up and 2" back risers BUT I'm thinking of going with the 2 piece setup. I like the idea of the bars coming up and back a little more.

Blueverclear and Sandylee, do you have to lengthen any of your lines with the risers and adapters? Who cares if it looks "cleaner" the other way...no one sees the risers anyway!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline blueverclear

« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2015, 01:14:11 AM »
I too spoke with him last week (finally got the Live Chat to work). Now, I was waiting for the 2" up and 2" back risers BUT I'm thinking of going with the 2 piece setup. I like the idea of the bars coming up and back a little more.

Blueverclear and Sandylee, do you have to lengthen any of your lines with the risers and adapters? Who cares if it looks "cleaner" the other way...no one sees the risers anyway!

Nope, shouldn't have to lengthen anything.  May have to do some adjusting to the position of the brake lines but should be pretty simple. Eventually in the near future i would like to go with 2 separate brake lines, the brakes respond better that way.
Grant
08 Concours 14
04 Custom Roadstar Bagger
Sold: 07 ZX-14, 06 ZX10R, 05 FZ1, 05 R1, 03 Mean Streak, 00 Cbr 600 F4, 99 Roadstar, 99 Magna, 95 GSXR 750

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2015, 08:45:07 AM »
Nope, shouldn't have to lengthen anything.  May have to do some adjusting to the position of the brake lines but should be pretty simple. Eventually in the near future i would like to go with 2 separate brake lines, the brakes respond better that way.

Thanks!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2015, 09:13:20 AM »
I actually talked to him on Friday April 17th through live chat first, then email, and then he called me because I had some questions. He also told me that he was having some issues with suppliers but that he found some new ones and finally starting to get some stuff done.

Right now he is out of the one piece pullback risers but he does have plenty of the standard 2 inch risers and the pullback riser adapters which together cost me $135 vs the one piece pullback riser which cost $175. Not only does it cost less to do a 2 piece system you actually get a better lift and pull back out of it also. The one piece pullback riser is a 2" rise and a 2" pullback and probably looks cleaner. With the 2 piece system including the standard riser and riser adapter you get a 2.5" rise and between a 2" - 2.25" pullback which to me is better!

I placed my order on Friday evening and completed the purchase through PayPal. I am supposed to be receiving an email confirmation including a tracking number when it ships out which should be Monday. I will keep everyone posted on the progress of my order!

Just ordered my "Riser Adapters" from AST. I was able to contact him using his "Chat" feature and he was quick to respond. Ryan confirmed that the adapters do indeed bring your bars back an additional .25" and up an additional .5" beyond what the 2" pullback risers would give you.
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2015, 09:28:04 AM »
Its good that things seem to be back on track to a degree, was there ever any explanation on why things went sideways for several months?  I heard of moving, crashing, supplier issues, etc.  But that should have been notated on his website if there was going to be an issue.  Regardless, hopefully he is back on track as he has some nice products.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2015, 09:46:36 AM »
Its good that things seem to be back on track to a degree, was there ever any explanation on why things went sideways for several months?  I heard of moving, crashing, supplier issues, etc.  But that should have been notated on his website if there was going to be an issue.  Regardless, hopefully he is back on track as he has some nice products.

No explanation. The crash was a while ago so it's not that. He did move but should be caught up from that too. I just think he's running a small operation and has a hard time doing everything. I have found that the best way for contacting him is through the "Chat" feature on his website. He seems to be paying attention to that and is quick to respond.
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline fredthefence

« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2015, 12:24:24 PM »
How many chances are people willing to give this guy?

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2015, 01:24:25 PM »
How many chances are people willing to give this guy?

Some of us are :loco: I guess. Bottom line is he has good stuff for sale. It's frustrating when you can't contact him (I've been very frustrated at times) but when you finally do make contact with him he is very easy to work with...at least in my limited experience.
Mike
Ojai, CA