Author Topic: New to Sport Touring and Kawasaki's  (Read 7943 times)

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
Re: New to Sport Touring and Kawasaki's
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 10:45:36 AM »
If he's doing warranty work on the TPMS batteries, you could make the argument that he has to unmount and remount the tires anyway, under warranty. Only difference is he slips on new tire instead of the old tires.  ;D

Duh. Didn't even think of that.  :thumbs:
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 10:56:02 PM »
Welcome!

Concur with the comments on the Crapstone tires. Even at slower speeds I find them squirrelly as hell. My PR4 GTs arrived yesterday. It'll cost me $200 to get them mounted and balanced.  :P

I hope you got the '55' profile rear PR4 GT- then you will see what this bike can do. ;)

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 05:56:06 AM »
I hope you got the '55' profile rear PR4 GT- then you will see what this bike can do. ;)

Nope, got the 50 profile. I'm pretty much a conservative rider, especially here in the Mississippi Delta where there are ungodly-long stretches of straight road and it's flatter than an unleavened pancake. When I get a day or so, I'll head over into Arkansas where the roadways are a little twistier. Even still, the heart rate goes up when I get to peg-scraping.
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 06:01:40 AM »
I couldn't tell the difference between the two rear profiles.  Going back to 50 next time.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 08:06:39 AM »
I couldn't tell the difference between the two rear profiles.  Going back to 50 next time.

Bought mine from Jake Wilson. Price was the same, whether 55 or 50.

I'm about 3 years from "final" retirement. (Retired once already.) When that happens, Mrs. E and I are gonna do a day trip or two and get back what we lost when we moved from Utah -- the canyons in the Wasatch are a helluva lot more fun than the MS Delta. At that time I was riding a Honda 919 and the peg-scraping thing was exhilarating. The OEM tires on that bike were Crapstones, IIRC, but they didn't seem nearly as squirrelly as these on the Connie.

I'm older now and I don't bounce as well as I did, so I can afford to let up some.

I do believe in good, solid, rubber but the profile doesn't matter so much. The Crapstones on the Connie scare the hell out of me.
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 11:27:55 PM »
Bought mine from Jake Wilson. Price was the same, whether 55 or 50.

I'm about 3 years from "final" retirement. (Retired once already.) When that happens, Mrs. E and I are gonna do a day trip or two and get back what we lost when we moved from Utah -- the canyons in the Wasatch are a helluva lot more fun than the MS Delta. At that time I was riding a Honda 919 and the peg-scraping thing was exhilarating. The OEM tires on that bike were Crapstones, IIRC, but they didn't seem nearly as squirrelly as these on the Connie.

I'm older now and I don't bounce as well as I did, so I can afford to let up some.

I do believe in good, solid, rubber but the profile doesn't matter so much. The Crapstones on the Connie scare the hell out of me.

I almost sold the bike when twice it went into a plowing wallow in a high speed sweeper- all sphincters went on high alert. Thought it might have been wrong tire pressure, etc. but after joining this forum, I took the advice and bought some PR's, had a 'sag-set' done, and my confidence was restored. C-14's are very persnickety with tires. Kawasaki made a huge marketing mistake using the 021 Crapstones. 

Offline Jeep_Lover

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 10:19:21 AM »
Dealer called and said the bike was ready to be picked up.  I wasted no time and went for a short 100 mile ride.  Man I am loving every freaking minute of this bike.  Here is a pic with the old VTX that will be retiring to Florida.