Author Topic: New 2012 Yamaha FJR 1300  (Read 17801 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: New 2012 Yamaha FJR 1300
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2015, 06:22:25 PM »
You are exactly right- that chart shows us all exactly what to buy.... a BMW1600!

:rotflmao:

Brian

Sorry, not sure what is confusing about the curve you attached or the one I have that appears closer to feeling right after putting so many miles on each brand bike discussed here.  Your curve shows the FJR putting out more torque at the RPM's that both bikes will see the most of when being ridden on the street by most riders.  The one I have attached does as well.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
When I hit Mega Lottery I will buy at least 200 of the members of this forum each their own K16. Then we can do some SERIOUS independent testing. Until then, my narrow blue collar butt will be on something more modestly priced. 8)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2015, 06:38:23 PM »
Just send me the low rent c14.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2015, 07:45:44 PM »
Naw, G, you get the first BMW. Your reviews alone would be worth the priceof aadmission :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :stirpot:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 07:15:23 AM »
Naw, G, you get the first BMW. Your reviews alone would be worth the priceof aadmission :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :stirpot:
I've got two airheads in the garage that will still be running when that 25K BMW techno ride is gathering dust in the back of the salvage yard.  8)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2015, 06:22:00 AM »
Sorry, not sure what is confusing about the curve you attached or the one I have that appears closer to feeling right after putting so many miles on each brand bike discussed here.  Your curve shows the FJR putting out more torque at the RPM's that both bikes will see the most of when being ridden on the street by most riders.  The one I have attached does as well.

I think the key here is that for around town driving the FJ is better suited with it's torque curve than the C14