Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853467 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2015, 02:35:24 PM »
Question.  Does the dead battery need to be removed to break some type of signal contact, or can they be left in the sensor once they lose all voltage?  The PO replaced mine a couple of years ago, but I still get the flashing signal in the cold, that goes away once the air in the tires warm.  Found riding the snot out of it on back roads makes it stop quicker... Just saying.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2015, 03:18:16 PM »
Stupid question time, Tom. What is the air pressure in your tires when cold? Just curious
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #462 on: January 13, 2015, 03:23:46 PM »
Stupid question time, Tom. What is the air pressure in your tires when cold? Just curious
41-43 PSI, is where I keep them.  The read out on screen is normally pretty accurate.  In cold, flashes for a few miles then shows the above 40+ PSI read out, and only when cold.  tp

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #463 on: January 13, 2015, 03:24:51 PM »
Question.  Does the dead battery need to be removed to break some type of signal contact, or can they be left in the sensor once they lose all voltage?  The PO replaced mine a couple of years ago, but I still get the flashing signal in the cold, that goes away once the air in the tires warm.  Found riding the snot out of it on back roads makes it stop quicker... Just saying.  tp

You can leave the dead batteries in, although they could theoretically eventually leak and cause damage, but I think the point is that you don't care.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #464 on: January 13, 2015, 03:37:57 PM »
You can leave the dead batteries in, although they could theoretically eventually leak and cause damage, but I think the point is that you don't care.
Thanks.  Being old skool, or just old, I came from a tube based POV.  Could lose several PSI over night. 

I like the readout, as a reminder to check tire pressure occasionally, but tubeless just aren't as sensitive to pressure loss.

Only my Dyna still has tubes, and check them before each ride.  A pain in the a$$ to do so, but necessary.  Thanks again for the info.  tomp

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #465 on: January 13, 2015, 03:57:25 PM »
Thanks.  Being old skool, or just old, I came from a tube based POV.  Could lose several PSI over night. 

I like the readout, as a reminder to check tire pressure occasionally, but tubeless just aren't as sensitive to pressure loss.

Only my Dyna still has tubes, and check them before each ride.  A pain in the a$$ to do so, but necessary.  Thanks again for the info.  tomp

I love the functionality too but have totally had it with that flashing screen every stinking morning. Next time my tires of off, those things are gone! I really don't miss TPMS on my other bike.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #466 on: January 15, 2015, 07:17:10 PM »
 I repaired the broken tabs ont the nose fairing. I think it came out pretty good.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #467 on: January 15, 2015, 07:23:22 PM »
I repaired the broken tabs ont the nose fairing. I think it came out pretty good.
PICS?  Today, no repair can be rendered without dozens of images, ready for posting. . . ;D ;D

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2015, 07:32:07 PM »
Before

Offline tomp

« Reply #469 on: January 15, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
Doesn't look too good...tp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #470 on: January 15, 2015, 07:39:23 PM »
After

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #471 on: January 15, 2015, 07:40:55 PM »
Before

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #472 on: January 15, 2015, 07:42:05 PM »
After

Offline tomp

« Reply #473 on: January 15, 2015, 07:49:06 PM »
After
  Looking good, and hundreds saved, too...tp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #474 on: January 15, 2015, 08:15:28 PM »
Both sides were were broken. I used a part of a pvc conduit to reinforce the the top holes and a smallpiece of sheet metal to rreinforce the edge.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #475 on: January 15, 2015, 09:34:53 PM »
Today I changed the engine oil and filter, changed the final drive oil, checked the tires and pressure, then went for a 25 mile ride. Refilled the tank with pure gasoline.
Connie ran perfect, and pulled like a freight train. Sure was nice to be back in the saddle after 2 long months of fridgid weather!

Planning on putting on some miles this weekend since temps are going to be in the 60's!
WooHoo!  8)

Will also be wrapping up an Audiovox 100 cruise control system for a friend and his 1999 Honda Valkrye. Hopefully we'll get to try it out!
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

sailor_chic

« Reply #476 on: January 16, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »
I just placed my order for my Rostra CC. Soon a throttlemeister  will be for sale!

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #477 on: January 16, 2015, 07:19:18 PM »
I just placed my order for my Rostra CC. Soon a throttlemeister  will be for sale!
Even with the Rostra I still have my throttlemeister, Many times I just want to lock the throttle for a quick second or 2 without setting the cruise. The throttlemeister is also much heavier that the stock bar ends & seem to smoothen vibrations better. 
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #478 on: January 17, 2015, 06:38:07 AM »
I don't have a Rostra but I kept my Throttlemeister from the C10 cause of the weight and it's nice and shiny.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #479 on: January 17, 2015, 10:45:27 AM »
Hmmm, guess I need to reconsider removing the throttle lock then.  Do you really think the extra few grams makes a difference?