Author Topic: SHARP lady came into my office and told me this was offensive and remove it  (Read 16077 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

I was surprised, but knew better than to try and argue. 

We have a guy walking around the building dressed as a girl, and this is offensive.  What a mixed up world. 

I even showed my wife and she didn't even notice the 'female' dragon until she realized that there was something to look for that would be offensive.

SHARP - Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Strawboss

OK, I give up, what's offensive about it, or what did the sharp Nazi find that was offensive?
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline twowheeladdict

The busty female dragon? 

A lady a few offices down had posters of southern girls with guns and she was told to take them down.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
The last job I had before where I am now, I assembled certain devices.  We had several test fixtures and "dummy" fittings used for assembly.  These are commonly called "slave" units, and to differentiate them from production hardware, they were clearly label with big letters, in black felt-pen, "SLAVE UNIT".  One person noticed this and filed a complaint with HR claiming it was racially motivated/offensive, and I had to clean off the offending words and paint big red dots on them instead.

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
Nazi
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Since apparently I now have the right to never be offended can I slap the next idiot I see wearing a Che t-shirt?

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
Since apparently I now have the right to never be offended can I slap the next idiot I see wearing a Che t-shirt?

Absolutely!!  ;) ;D

Offline Conniesaki

I was surprised, but knew better than to try and argue. 

We have a guy walking around the building dressed as a girl, and this is offensive.  What a mixed up world. 

I even showed my wife and she didn't even notice the 'female' dragon until she realized that there was something to look for that would be offensive.

SHARP - Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention

I guess you could've grabbed a roll of painter's tape & scissors, and asked her to be very specific about what part you must cover in order to hide the "offensive" part ... which, if you cut the shape very accurately could've been kinda funny. Cuz then she'd have to come back & ask you to replace that piece of tape with another one that extends outside the lines a little bit. But, how much is a 'little bit'?

Or, better yet, you could've responded to her by nodding in her general direction and saying, "It's no more offensive than that."

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Is there a pc guidebook or was this strictly her arbitrary judgement and what qualifications does she have to make such a judgment?

Offline sherob

• Arena
You could have just responded that you are SHARPER... Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention with Education and Reason.  That it's just a make believe motorcycle poster, like Halloween costumes kids and adults wear... no more, no less. 
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR

Che T-shirt?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conniesaki

Offline Rhino

• Arena

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Now I'm offended by my own post  ;D  Don't worry, I'll slap myself.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS

Absolutely!!  ;) ;D

Now I'm offended by my own post  ;D  Don't worry, I'll slap myself.

...but...but..Che rode a Norton thumper, is that why we hate him?    :stirpot: :rotflmao:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
If "Norton Thumper" is some kind of euphemism for an Argentinian..... lady of ill repute, then you post is gonna' get you a visit from the sharp people too....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

...but...but..Che rode a Norton thumper[/url], is that why we hate him?    :stirpot: :rotflmao:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline LandRocket

i am offended by the offensiveness i feel that is offending my rights as a non offender when some one on the post is offended by the offensive image that was offensive and that had offended an official offensive police that was obviously an offensive move by the offender in an offensive attempt to offend others. Further more i am offended by my own sentence above that will obviously offend others.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
I find it offensive that you think others would be so easily offended. Not everyone is like Mary Jane Tinklepants, a well known but extremely delicate American girl, er, I mean Gyno- American!

Brian

i am offended by the offensiveness i feel that is offending my rights as a non offender when some one on the post is offended by the offensive image that was offensive and that had offended an official offensive police that was obviously an offensive move by the offender in an offensive attempt to offend others. Further more i am offended by my own sentence above that will obviously offend others.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
The last job I had before where I am now, I assembled certain devices.  We had several test fixtures and "dummy" fittings used for assembly.  These are commonly called "slave" units, and to differentiate them from production hardware, they were clearly label with big letters, in black felt-pen, "SLAVE UNIT".  One person noticed this and filed a complaint with HR claiming it was racially motivated/offensive, and I had to clean off the offending words and paint big red dots on them instead.

Since we are all telling stories, at work last week, two white people on a film crew were sitting and waiting for some other people to arrive.  I was waiting with them.  They were talking about exposure and skin tone and three times used the terms "African American" and then "white" in the same sentence.  I asked why they didn't just say "black" and they responded it could be offensive.  Offensive???  So I decided to run with that. I told them it offends ME to hear every group of people spoken with a PC, special, zillion-syllable "XXXXXXX-American" term and then say "white" and then requested that they use the term "European American" instead in order to not offend me.  They seemed genuinely puzzled.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
I find Euro American quite offensive.  I'm an English American.  I want nothing to do with continent of Europe unless it's drinking Polish or Dutch vodkas.   
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.