Author Topic: Marketplace Rules - Read This First - Really.  (Read 30277 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Marketplace Rules - Read This First - Really.
« on: May 18, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
  • Preface the subject of your advertisement with either "C-10" for classic Concours parts and supplies,  "C-14" for Concours-14 parts and supplies, or 'Other' for items that are general in nature.  Thus:  C-10, Lower Fairing needed,  2003 model year.  This will allow visitors to quickly scan the title for items of interest to them.  For those that don't know, the C10 ran from 86-2006 with a year missing (don't remember which) and the C14 is from 2008 onward.  If this is a universal type of fit for all bikes please specify that as well.  While you and I may think that just the description is enough, we have members that aren't familiar with both types of bikes.
  • Announce to viewers where you are and how to contact you.  Unless a visitor is registered on this forum, they won't be able to contact you via the PM function.  You might display your email address something like "myemail at mydomain dot com" to help protect your email address from automated harvesting.  Read:  spam. 
  • Because these are publicly viewable advertisements, you may be approached with deals that seem to good to be true, they probably are.
  • When your item sells, please edit the title of your original post to reflect that:  "Sold C10, My farkle for sale...."
  • At some point we're going to start removing posts/threads instead of giving friendly reminders to follow the rules
  • Hopefully this will never happen but if a dispute on the sale arises, please keep it to PMs or email.  Do not clutter up the ad with accusations and ire. Or bring it out in public.  This puts us in a bad mood.
  • Negative comments on pricing or the item being sold (thread crapping) may not be tolerated and possibly deleted. Please keep it on topic.  If you aren't interested, don't post.
  • Please curtail bumping threads to the top for your friends; in truth bumping is rude to the other members who are trying to sell an item as your friendly bump only serves to push someone else's thread further down the ladder. Only limited bumping by the OP will be allowed; to which I'd like to add that members such as T Cro and Snarf have the same items for sale continually and that is the only reason they are allowed to be sticky and remain on top.
  • Please be crisp in the payment details for the price and shipping so that misunderstandings are minimized.
  • Dealer sales are not allowed unless cleared through Rick Hall, T Cro, the mysterious elvin315, or the guy with the sword (me).  Seriously, if you don't do this your thread will be nuked and you will be banned.
  • First time posters to this board may be nuked.  Depends on if I'm on my game or not.
  • I'm going to nuke/ban/flay any user with less than 5 posts and/or a member for less than 30 days in any board who creates a for sale item.  However, you can make your case beforehand to me and we'll see.  I'm not a total harda**.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 07:59:43 AM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Marketplace Rules
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 04:21:38 PM »
Bump.....read the rules before posting..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Marketplace Rules - Read This First - Really.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 06:56:46 AM »
Bump...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 07:04:53 AM »
Bump...read the updated rules.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 05:15:07 AM »
Bump.  Read the rules before posting a for sale item.