Author Topic: Seeing the surgeon  (Read 29386 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Seeing the surgeon
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2011, 09:37:03 AM »
mailbox is down the street, so the mail lady is safe (and kinda homely).  Sex is sooooo overated anyway.

Go ahead and tell your wife that, see how much you get after that conversation.  :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2011, 09:47:08 AM »
Go ahead and tell your wife that, see how much you get after that conversation.  :o
Heck, I married an almost perfect woman, she aint into spending, puts up with me, and has the heart of a nympho ;D  If only she liked hunting as much as I do, there's also that thing below her nose, it makes this horrific sound most times 8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2011, 09:53:44 AM »
Heck, I married an almost perfect woman, she aint into spending, puts up with me, and has the heart of a nympho ;D  If only she liked hunting as much as I do, there's also that thing below her nose, it makes this horrific sound most times 8)

The heart of a nympho? I was thinking of another body part...

And that thing below her nose, besides making noise it can serve other functions as well.    :-*

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2011, 09:55:10 AM »
And what would that be :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2011, 10:50:00 AM »
And what would that be :)

Well, if I have to spell it out for you.

There's that certain thing that ALL men love and it can only be done with a mouth.

Eating.

What did you think I meant?   ;)

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2011, 03:56:18 PM »

Go ahead Chet, show her this one.  You wont be worrying about your countdown clock there will be no need of it. :thumbs:
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Son of Pappy

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2011, 05:36:13 PM »
Go ahead Chet, show her this one.  You wont be worrying about your countdown clock there will be no need of it. :thumbs:
And you QFTd me :o  Musta been the drugs ;)  Thats my story and I'm stickin to it 8)

Today has really sucked, who made a 48 hour day?  Did some more walking, started to setup the reloading bench and decided not to.  I sure as heck hope the next 2 weeks aint like today.  I'm still shying away from the meds (Shhhhhh), I want this time as a reminder to take better care of my body, start treating it like a temple and less like a dirt bike. 

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2011, 06:03:11 PM »
Tomorrow will be better should be like 46 or so hours......

Son of Pappy

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »
Broke down last night, took some pain pills, friggin nerves are going all bonkers, pain was worst---on my left big toe, worked its way to the top of my foot, to make matters worse, for some reason my feet felt like they are freezing.  No fever, walking as much as I can to keep the blood pumping.  Gonna be a much longer recovery than I anticipated.......I need to have my son hide my bikes, I soooooooo wanna go for a ride, sun is out temps are mid 50s, perfect riding weather, and I'm stuck at home.

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »
Hang in....a couple more days and things will get lots better 8)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »
I don't like taking pills either but I also don't want to feel the carnage of what was performed either.  Hang in there Chet, maybe we can be pen pals or do some skyping once I get laid up after my surgery in a couple weeks.  Hopefully you will be off and running by that time though.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2011, 12:55:41 PM »
Hopefully in a coupla weeks I'll be wrist deep in a TB swap.  I'm also looking to paint my KLR, gonna be an original, maybe the new digi pattern, leaning toward more sand.  We'll be in touch for sure.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »
Well just spent better then 30 minutes on the phone with the clinic.  Basicly got told they gave me drugs for a reason.  I have an extreme phobia to addiction, which I explained to them, they explained the regimen I will be following, it does the wheening as a matter of course.  They also explained just how much was removed from my spine, I really had no idea, thought it was some minor trim.  So it's back on meds I go.  I also asked just how long until I could expect to go back to work, based on what I do (weapons instructor/evaluator for our weapons maintainers on Ft Lewis).  3 months at the earliest, I have an under 5 pounds limit for the next 2 weeks, then work up to 20 pounds till the middle of January.  No exceptions.  Figure the weight of an M2 or better yet, a MK19 vastly exceeds those limits.  I am so screwed :(  What I think I will do once able is a bunch of volunteer work down at our local VA hospital, I'm a good listener.  I'll also do some work for the motorcycle safety org I work for on the side, work the phones, little stuff to keep me busy.
Any model hobbyists out there?  Any good links to model kits, cars and MCs would be what I would like to build.  Any other ideas on how to stay active without being too physical?

Helpless in Port Orchard, WA  (Dear Abby humor)

Chet

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »
Just my opinion but take the drugs Chet- they really do more good than harm. All of the ink (press) about drugs is negative because nobody would bother printing a story about someone taking a recommended drug, benefiting from it and then moving on with life.... which is exactly what most people really do. Unless you have an addictive personality, and that would almost certainly be obvious to you by now, I doubt you will become dependant on any chemical. Even if you were to become mildly dependant (not addicted, that is something different), the taper- off part will wean you off with less discomfort than trying to suffer through the surgery pain.

Again, just my opinion and I am not a medical professional.

No experience with static models as an adult but they look like they would be more frustrating than calming.

Brian

Well just spent better then 30 minutes on the phone with the clinic.  Basicly got told they gave me drugs for a reason.  I have an extreme phobia to addiction, which I explained to them, they explained the regimen I will be following, it does the wheening as a matter of course. 

<snip>

Any model hobbyists out there?  Any good links to model kits, cars and MCs would be what I would like to build.  Any other ideas on how to stay active without being too physical?

Helpless in Port Orchard, WA  (Dear Abby humor)

Chet
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2011, 06:09:29 PM »
Thanks Brian, I'll be following the DRs advice fer sure.  I hate being in a cloud, kinda like riding in fog. 

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »
So Chet this surgery has made you Semi- Spineless?

Sorry couldn't resist...................

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »
Tamiya makes the best models, IMHO, but they are pretty proud of them too.  I don't know if there's anybody else that makes m/c models either.

What kind of reloader do you have?  I want a Dillon 550, gotta support the locals.

As far as the drugs go, don't take enough to get rid of all the pain, just most of it.  Worked for me anyway, and I have the same phobia as you.

Most drugs that our gov discourages us from using via LE are like children's Tylenol compared to medical-grade narcotics.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Son of Pappy

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2011, 08:38:43 PM »
Tamiya makes the best models, IMHO, but they are pretty proud of them too.  I don't know if there's anybody else that makes m/c models either.

What kind of reloader do you have?  I want a Dillon 550, gotta support the locals.

As far as the drugs go, don't take enough to get rid of all the pain, just most of it.  Worked for me anyway, and I have the same phobia as you.

Most drugs that our gov discourages us from using via LE are like children's Tylenol compared to medical-grade narcotics.
Tamiya, eh?  I'll be looking them up, I'd really like a C14, but that may be pushing it.  As luck would have, I have the Dillon 550, been using it since 97ish, I've loaded everything from .22 Hornet, up through .338.  Dillon has lived up to their name, best warranty out there.  I like their monthly Blue Press mag, guns and purty gurls!!!!!!!!!
So Chet this surgery has made you Semi- Spineless?

Sorry couldn't resist...................
Welllllllllll ;D  At least it should work better then when it was whole, I'll take %90 of %95 over %50 of %100 anyday.

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2011, 09:28:52 PM »
Tamiya, eh?  I'll be looking them up, I'd really like a C14, but that may be pushing it.  As luck would have, I have the Dillon 550, been using it since 97ish, I've loaded everything from .22 Hornet, up through .338.  Dillon has lived up to their name, best warranty out there.  I like their monthly Blue Press mag, guns and purty gurls!!!!!!!!!Welllllllllll ;D  At least it should work better then when it was whole, I'll take %90 of %95 over %50 of %100 anyday.

Well if you're ever in AZ then you can see where your 550 was born--Snottsdale, AZ.   ;)
Back in the day, I lived in a guest house in downtown Phoenix & the owners were friends with Mike Dillon. 
They got to go up in his Huey and play with the M134.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline Jettn Jim

• NE PA Some on High Adventure Most!^)-
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2011, 10:58:07 PM »
oooh boy... I don't know if I wanna jump in this conversation.... Not the biggest fan of prescription DRUGS! Mostly crap that mimics things found in nature.  Only to be tak'n in the most severe circumstance when you absolutely can't function...which is alot further down the road than most feeble minded folk would like to admit.
The body's amazing at healing itself if you'll talk to it and come to a peaceful agreement.  ;D
JJ
BECAUSE ONE HAS SIGHT...DOES NOT MEAN ONE HAS VISION...