Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672486 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1460 on: May 06, 2014, 09:01:00 AM »
I went to jury duty once but could not ride my bike :-(  Still, it was quite interesting- there were originally 4 cases coming to trial and a gigantic jury pool. Half of the pool was dismissed the first morning but I got to stay. As the cases were all being settled by plea bargain, the people needed for jurors kept going down but I kept missing the 'go home' selections (name on wrong end of alphabet, standing on wrong side of room, etc.). Actually went back the next day, went through the entire instruction process and was sworn in WHEN SUDDENLY, the last case also reached a plea bargain. It was an interesting experience though and hey, 'cause I got sworn in, I got jury pay for two whole days....  I think it was something like $15 / day, or in C-14 terms, 4% of 1/2 of a cheap farkle.

Brian

We were all handed a pamphlet On The Importance of Being A Juror and a payment voucher (reimbursement for mileage only) to fill out. The bailiff swore us all in and we got to watch a nifty video On The Importance of Being A Juror, which was taken verbatim from the pamphlet, go figure.

I was so bored I think that I read that pamphlet seven times and then made an airplane outta it. I didn't fly it though, I didn't think that the bailiff would appreciate that.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1461 on: May 07, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »
I WANT to serve jury duty. I've never been called. But seeing as how I work for the Gov't and a few of my family are police or were, I'm not sure I'll ever be seated.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1462 on: May 07, 2014, 11:06:09 AM »
Well, that or your idiot brother- in- law may get in the way :-)

I found the whole process pretty interesting although like most legal matters, they did manage to cram 2 interesting hours into two days :-( 

Brian

I WANT to serve jury duty. I've never been called. But seeing as how I work for the Gov't and a few of my family are police or were, I'm not sure I'll ever be seated.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1463 on: May 07, 2014, 12:02:52 PM »
Oh yeah, the lawyer will ask, are you or any of your family ever been employed by the Gov't, served in the military, fire, police, medical, nurse, arrested, testified in a court of law, sued, deposed, or otherwise connected to or have bias concerning anything remotely similar to being near or treating, saving, fighting, or defending oneself relating to the defendant. "Uh, yes to all sir". "Naw, we don't want him".
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1464 on: May 07, 2014, 12:34:48 PM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1465 on: May 13, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »
Zombis do exist  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1466 on: May 13, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #1467 on: May 13, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »

Son of Pappy

« Reply #1468 on: May 13, 2014, 01:13:57 PM »
I gathered this from the  ::) video.  Turn off the phone, close the lid, and ride  :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1469 on: May 13, 2014, 01:59:42 PM »
Wise advice.

I like Earl Grey Bergamot tea.  In fact, I'm drinking it now!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1470 on: May 13, 2014, 02:07:37 PM »
Wise advice.

I like Earl Grey Bergamot tea.  In fact, I'm drinking it now!

Which flavor?

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1471 on: May 13, 2014, 03:08:49 PM »
Domain migrations suck.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1472 on: May 13, 2014, 03:15:48 PM »
Which flavor?

Black tea is all it says on the envelope.

Domain migrations suck.

I haven't done one as I don't work in that domain but I do feel your pain.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1473 on: May 13, 2014, 05:11:06 PM »
Black tea is all it says on the envelope.

Thanks!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1474 on: May 13, 2014, 05:12:18 PM »
my addiction is epic.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1475 on: May 13, 2014, 06:17:43 PM »
So I see..  What a way to go, though!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1476 on: May 16, 2014, 05:11:19 AM »
WTF?

It's snowing here!!!   :o

May 16th and it's freakin snowing.    ???

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1477 on: May 16, 2014, 05:38:35 AM »
Global cooling?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1478 on: May 16, 2014, 06:22:25 AM »
You mock me Sir, you mock me!  I just moved my snowblower back to the back of the garage and never did get a chance to go for a 'test blow' (easy boys!) after the re-work on it. :-(    Now we are on to lawn tractor and leaf vacuum..... sigh.

Brian

WTF?

It's snowing here!!!   :o

May 16th and it's freakin snowing.    ???
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1479 on: May 16, 2014, 08:02:48 AM »
You mock me Sir, you mock me!  I just moved my snowblower back to the back of the garage and never did get a chance to go for a 'test blow' (easy boys!) after the re-work on it. :-(    Now we are on to lawn tractor and leaf vacuum..... sigh.

Brian

Ah ha! So it's your fault then, Brian? Did I not tell you that all you had to do was to put your snowblower away and it would snow? I didn't say that it would snow where you are though, too bad...

My wife's flowers that she just planted ain't gonna be none too happy

[smg id=636]