Author Topic: A tail of two mousetraps....  (Read 31638 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: A tail of two mousetraps....
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 11:15:47 AM »
argggggg
this was last year
this crap was packed into the C14 tail section... and more up under the tank above the throttle bodies,,

this was what they did 4 years ago in Va.... ate the cable connected to the throttle position sensor.... try fixing that wire without removing every freaking part of the intake system....arggg

this was last years....

after last years adventures wit dem meeses, I went to the water bucket trap route, made 3 of them, and they worked like a charm.... I didn't give a hoot about them drowning...(if you can't hear them scream, it works....eh Clarissa... the screaming of the meeses....

I have to re-do them all this weekend... I have to say they cannot steal the peanut butter from these....

if you don't put at least 2" of water in the bucket, they can hop right out....
but when they are wet, it ain't happenin...
I use 50/50 antifreeze (recycled when I do my coolant changes), and have at least 3" in the bottom.
They don't last long. ;)

also gave them a couple "bait" boxes to snack on....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 11:17:48 AM »
 :censored: :censored: Kill them all!  :cannon: :shoot:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »
:censored: :censored: Kill them all!  :cannon: :shoot:

yeah, that's my feelings after I spent half the night repairing the harnesses so I could get my inspection.....
the more pain they feel is just Karma telling them to avoid the bike.... :rotflmao: :cool:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 12:32:02 PM »
What's all this Rich? I thought you were seriously opposed to modifying the C-14 and always told everyone to just leave it alone? Are you now advocating tinkering with the wiring harnesses? ?? ?? ??

:rotflmao:

Yep, the bucket / bottle / welding rod thingy works well but I just can't bring myself to drown the little guys. Snapping their little heads, now that seems to be OK but the struggling an swimming part bothers me.... Not dumping on anyone else for doing it, and I know it works great, just that I can't quite bring myself to set one of those up. 

Brian (wonder how I am doing in the 'Brian vs. the rodents' contest?)

argggggg
this was last year
this crap was packed into the C14 tail section... and more up under the tank above the throttle bodies,,

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
You mean like 'No honey, but I didn't want to get my fingers all peanut- buttery so I used my XXXXX.'

Brian

:)

That was one of the replies that I had in mind.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 12:42:52 PM »
snip...

...(if you can't hear them scream, it works....eh Clarissa... the screaming of the meeses....

After looking at your pics I think that I had better have a very close inspection of my C14 when I get home. It was snowing this morn so I didn't ride to work.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »
snip...

Yep, the bucket / bottle / welding rod thingy works well but I just can't bring myself to drown the little guys. Snapping their little heads, now that seems to be OK but the struggling an swimming part bothers me.... Not dumping on anyone else for doing it, and I know it works great, just that I can't quite bring myself to set one of those up. 

A few years ago I had just opened our pool up for the season and I didn't get the ladder set-up yet. One of the squirrels that lives in our trees drowned in the pool. I thought about that poor animal swimming and swimming till he couldn't swim any longer and finally drowning. I felt like crap about that. I just can't bring myself to do that to the lil **** assed mice. Killing them instantly is a different story.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 12:58:51 PM »
What's your point? Just because you are too wussy to use the bike you want to deny its use to a few adorable, furry little critters (easy boys!)? You are a hard- hearted man Conrad!

;D

Brian

After looking at your pics I think that I had better have a very close inspection of my C14 when I get home. It was snowing this morn so I didn't ride to work.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 01:02:52 PM »
I love you Conrad!  :-*

I think you are talking about cousin Ralphy. There is more to that story than you might know- the other squirrels were teasing Ralphy by telling him they did not believe he could swim. Just then, there was this old guy taking the cover off a pool under the tree they were nesting in. You know how it turned out.....  :'(

Kirby

A few years ago I had just opened our pool up for the season and I didn't get the ladder set-up yet. One of the squirrels that lives in our trees drowned in the pool. I thought about that poor animal swimming and swimming till he couldn't swim any longer and finally drowning. I felt like crap about that. I just can't bring myself to do that to the lil **** assed mice. Killing them instantly is a different story.
Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 01:04:31 PM »
What's your point? Just because you are too wussy to use the bike you want to deny its use to a few adorable, furry little critters (easy boys!)? You are a hard- hearted man Conrad!

;D

Brian

I know, I know. I'm a mean man. Hey, if the rodents can pack a fob and throw a leg over the bike, they can take er for a ride. As long as they don't eat any Connie parts, I'm good with that. 

Wait, what old guy?  :battle:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2013, 01:07:04 PM »
I love you Conrad!  :-*

I think you are talking about cousin Ralphy. There is more to that story than you might know- the other squirrels were teasing Ralphy by telling him they did not believe he could swim. Just then, there was this old guy taking the cover off a pool under the tree they were nesting in. You know how it turned out.....  :'(

Kirby

I can believe that story! Oh the looks that I got from the remaining squirrels...

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 01:19:42 PM »
Most of them are harmless..... but watch out for Aunt Edna! She gots rabies and she goes right for the nuts! Who am I kidding- we all go right for the nuts. Even faster if they are in a burl bowl. And not just any kind of burl but real, amboyna burl bowls.

Kirby

I can believe that story! Oh the looks that I got from the remaining squirrels...
Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 01:32:51 PM »
Most of them are harmless..... but watch out for Aunt Edna! She gots rabies and she goes right for the nuts! Who am I kidding- we all go right for the nuts. Even faster if they are in a burl bowl. And not just any kind of burl but real, amboyna burl bowls.

Kirby

Mmmm, walnuts!

Hey, that reminds me of a joke. Um, on second thought never mind...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »
Burl.........ahhhhhhhhh.

Just came back with 4 more instruments of destruction and death for any mouse brave enough to venture into my garage.  The only way I'll spare them is if they install my Canyon Cages for me.  Other than that, they're mice toast.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 01:54:18 PM »
Jim- you cannot successfully rid your garage of mice using a toaster. Those toasters, or 'instruments of destruction' as you call them simply won't work. Even if you get the mouse into a toaster slot, they just won't stay still long enough for you to actually toast them.

Why not just use mouse traps like the rest of us? Sheesh!

Brian

Burl.........ahhhhhhhhh.

Just came back with 4 more instruments of destruction and death for any mouse brave enough to venture into my garage.  The only way I'll spare them is if they install my Canyon Cages for me.  Other than that, they're mice toast.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2013, 01:57:12 PM »
 ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 06:13:15 AM »
Mmmmm, toast. Lightly buttered with some orange marmalade please.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2013, 06:13:55 AM »
Mmmmmmmmm, orange marmalade...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 06:23:26 AM »
Jim- you cannot successfully rid your garage of mice using a toaster. Those toasters, or 'instruments of destruction' as you call them simply won't work. Even if you get the mouse into a toaster slot, they just won't stay still long enough for you to actually toast them.

Why not just use mouse traps like the rest of us? Sheesh!

Brian

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2013, 06:24:09 AM »