Author Topic: Test video with my new GoPro Hero2  (Read 92196 times)

Offline Supatramp

Test video with my new GoPro Hero2
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »
I wanted to try my new camera with the handlebar mount. I did a 50 miles round trip from my house, down 195 to Belmar, for a cup of coffee. I'm pleased with the results, can't wait to do a decent ride and record it this season.
http://youtu.be/C6otA-_G208
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:14:54 PM by Supatramp »

Offline ugocon

Re: Teat video with my new GoPro Hero2
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 11:40:16 AM »
Sweet! :)
I like to watch at American roads, trucks, signal, cars as they actually are in real life!

And I like to watch the way you drive in USA.

Almost at the end of the clip you stop "completely" to a stop sign, even though nobody was coming on the main road...
...that's formally the legal thing to do in Italy as well... but NO ONE would have ever stopped (if the road was free, of course ;);D

I like the quality of the clip: congratulations!

I also notice that the last song is "Gloria" performed by Laura Brannigan.

The first time I came to USA in the spring 1983 I bought the 45 record: it's an Italian hit by Umberto Tozzi translated into English! ;)
One of the few case of Italian music conquering America!  8)

Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 01:36:45 PM »
A "teat video"?  I was a little nervous about clicking on this one. ;)
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 01:51:13 PM »
Nervous or Disappointed....lol..teats in the wind on go pro-it had promise!

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 01:54:35 PM »
Nervous or Disappointed....lol..teats in the wind on go pro-it had promise!

Depends if they were flappers or not.   :o  I actually thought it was going to be a herd of cows he saw while out on the bike.

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:19:19 PM »
Depends if they were flappers or not.   :o  I actually thought it was going to be a herd of cows he saw while out on the bike.
me too. grew up around too many dairy farms

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 02:23:25 PM »
Pretty cool. The only thing I would say is that you might see about stabilizing the camera more. When up to speed it does a bit of shaking.

How much time can you record on that thing?

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »

I have my HD set to 720 instead of 1080 and I get about 3 GBs per 20 minutes of track time.
So with a 32 GB card, that is over three hours.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Supatramp

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »
OK, corrections made and "re" proof read :)

Sweet! :)
Almost at the end of the clip you stop "completely" to a stop sign, even though nobody was coming on the main road...
...that's formally the legal thing to do in Italy as well... but NO ONE would have ever stopped
I like the quality of the clip: congratulations!
I also notice that the last song is "Gloria" performed by Laura Brannigan.
The first time I came to USA in the spring 1983 I bought the 45 record: it's an Italian hit by Umberto Tozzi translated into English! ;)
One of the few case of Italian music conquering America!  8)
That "stop" sign happenings to be just before a notorious intersection. Ton of rear ender's there, where I made the left. What you really have to watch for, it the oncoming driver that wants to make their left "in front of you" rather, than past you. If you get sucked in to turning also, a vehicle behind them, might get ya.
Poor Laura B, ended up dying of a aneurysm, at a very young age, after having a few hits and making lots of money.

Pretty cool. The only thing I would say is that you might see about stabilizing the camera more. When up to speed it does a bit of shaking.
I used the GoPro handlebar mount, and the only place it would fit, was on the rubber grip portion of the handlebar. I guess that part of the bars, really vibrates. It worked much better on my VStrom's bars, but still a little shaking going on. I'm gonna try the suction cup mount, that comes with it next time. I hope I can come up with a decent location for that. I don't like videos that have the camera on the tank or behind the windshield the whole length of the movie. It obscures way too much.
I also want to come up with a helmet mount that is centered in front of me. The kit also came with the LCD monitor, so "what you see, is what you get."
I haven't figured out how much a SD card will hold yet. I've got around 15 min.(at 1080p) out of my 4gig card, so far. I'm gonna either get a 32 or 64 gig. As far as the battery, I haven't figured that out also. The kit also came with a piggy back battery(can't use the LCD, when it's used), so there's plenty of DC available. I believe that's not a problem anyway, because I can plug it in the bikes auxiliary outlet.
I've got a lot to learn about the GoPro's habits and non limited capabilities. I will tell anyone who has been nervous of purchasing one, to rest their fears and get one. I waited this long for them to put all the features the Hero2 has and am glad I took the plunge.

Offline ugocon

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »
Poor Laura B, ended up dying of a aneurysm, at a very young age, after having a few hits and making lots of money.

I'm really sorry for that: I didn't know it...  :(
RIP
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: Test video with my new GoPro Hero2
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 06:22:59 AM »
She passed on in 2004. To be honest, I thought it was even earlier than that.

Offline Supatramp

Re: Test video with my new GoPro Hero2
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 08:43:40 AM »
She passed on in 2004. To be honest, I thought it was even earlier than that.
I'm really sorry for that: I didn't know it...  :(
RIP
One of my favorite movie clips is from "Flashdance". Alex's friend is in a ice skating scene, skating to Gloria