Author Topic: $260 90 Concours Resurection New Member to ZG/ GTR Fanatics  (Read 17851 times)

Offline CRocker

• Arena
Re: $260 90 Concours Resurection New Member to ZG/ GTR Fanatics
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
I see you found Deer Creek Canyon...
'02 C-10

Offline Motor Head

• Resurected Concours, $260 Purchase & Counting
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 08:01:42 PM »
CRocker,
 Yes I did, but after the run in with the Law I was a Good Boy!
1990 ZG1000 C10
1982 KZ1000 LTD

Offline Connie Mark

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2011, 10:38:34 PM »
You rode right past my place. Sorry I couldn't play today.

Offline Motor Head

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 08:40:27 PM »
 Yes I was right close, but being Turkey Day for most, I knew I would be soloing again. The weather as you know was perfect for a ride, so I went out for some fun, which the Sheriff told me I was having to much of!!! ???
1990 ZG1000 C10
1982 KZ1000 LTD

Offline MaD MiKe

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2011, 07:07:01 PM »
Decided to do the Overflow tubes Today, as it was easy and cheap. Like $4 for enough Brass Tube to do 5 sets of carbs. It is really easy for those who believe they are capable. There is a good write up here: http://web.ncf.ca/ag136/floatDrainTubes.htm by one of the members here.
 I also set up the Float Bowls with different hardware, long Socket Head Cap Screws, 40mm, with a lock-nut/ washer that works like the Head of the Original screw. So once loosened the head works as a thumb wheel. So the bowls come off a lot easier if needed.
 The 25" Clear View windshield I bought off of a member here showed up Today in the Mail, it's mounted but I will give it a ride tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better than the Stocker for wind around buffeting and noise around the Helmet. The Buffeting at 80+ was great from the stock shield. I'm over 6'.

Nice job on the bowl screws!!  A lot of things yet to be learned I see..   ;)

Offline Motor Head

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »
 Thanks MaD MiKe, but its not new. I'm just cheap, didn't want to pay $12.50 a screw for the ones they sell for the purpose. Might get them cheaper if you look.
 I even looked at some different bowls altogether, but like I said, Cheap.
 Like having a set of Tall valve Covers on your Hot Rod, and Solid Cam. Quick access long T Handle bolts would be a must.
1990 ZG1000 C10
1982 KZ1000 LTD

Offline MaD MiKe

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2011, 05:20:41 AM »
Thanks MaD MiKe, but its not new. I'm just cheap, didn't want to pay $12.50 a screw for the ones they sell for the purpose. Might get them cheaper if you look.
 I even looked at some different bowls altogether, but like I said, Cheap.
 Like having a set of Tall valve Covers on your Hot Rod, and Solid Cam. Quick access long T Handle bolts would be a must.

I turned off the Pingel petcock and drained the bowls this year because of last years pilot jet clog debacle but if the bowls have to come off next summer or in the future I'm quite sure I'll incorporate your bowl bolt old school ingenuity.    ;)

Oh and by the way..   Nice job on the voltmeter..    :thumbs:

Offline Motor Head

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2011, 06:10:40 AM »
MaD MiKe,
The Voltmeter is going to be used for a second purpose as well. But right now that's all on the back burner. Once the weather decides that it Will be Winter, Then the process will begin. It's supposed to be back in the 60's Tomorrow and maybe Snow on Thursday? They never can forecast here very well. I'll post up some stuff when I get into it.
1990 ZG1000 C10
1982 KZ1000 LTD

Offline Motor Head

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2012, 09:51:37 AM »
 PO made some mistakes for sure. I just was putting in some clutch plates, took off the side cover and whats this blue silicone? And what are these marks on the clutch basket, well it looks like the Chain fr the Alternator is really loose and the tensioner is hitting the clutch. The spray nozzel for the chain lubrication is plugged with Blue Goo.  Quick to FeeBay and order some good used stuff, shipped for <$40. Get it installed, and a new gasket so the oiling hole is properly aligned and clear of obstruction, blow the Oil Spray Tube out, reverse direction, and pop out the Blue Goo. Then put it back together. Oh it sounds so much better now, without the chain noise from the side cover.
A couple of new tires, a good used left fork leg, with a fresh seal and new oil as the old one was gouged from a seal removal by the PO, always leaked.
 Install a master and Slave cylinder rebuild kit, and then time for another ride. Next weekend, is Hodaka days here in Oregon, so some of us will be going up to that, bike camping.
1990 ZG1000 C10
1982 KZ1000 LTD

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 07:45:06 AM »
well it looks like the Chain fr the Alternator is really loose and the tensioner is hitting the clutch.
Most often it's the tensioner mechanism that fails and lets the chain flop around.
Keep an eye on it. The steel piece that the rod fits through usually snaps.
I've had to replace the tensioner in two of my three C10s.
Sounds like yer having fun with it though.  ;D
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK