Author Topic: Victory is history  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
Victory is history
« on: January 10, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »
 I kind of figured when Indian arrived on the scene this would happen. It's a shame too as I was considering adding a Cross Country Tour to the stable sometime in the near future. Two V-twins competing against each other in sales from the same parent company was obviously not a good idea.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/polaris-stops-victory-motorcycles-production-114457.html

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: Victory is history
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:36:13 PM »
That's too bad. I never cared for Indians...IMO just ugly motorcycles..of the two, Victory would be the one I'd vote to stay in business. Many say say the Victory Vision is ugly...yet it's the only one I liked from either .....what to call it....branch (?) of the Polaris family of motorcycles. I didn't like it enough to buy one so I guess that's all that matters. I think the only one of both lines that will be remembered (like the old Kawa H1 and H2 are now) will be the Vision. ....but then I liked the Honda Pacific Coast and the Yamaha GTS 1000..so what do I know about taste. :o :nuts: :loco:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 09:10:27 PM »
That's too bad. I never cared for Indians...IMO just ugly motorcycles..of the two, Victory would be the one I'd vote to stay in business. Many say say the Victory Vision is ugly...yet it's the only one I liked from either .....what to call it....branch (?) of the Polaris family of motorcycles. I didn't like it enough to buy one so I guess that's all that matters. I think the only one of both lines that will be remembered (like the old Kawa H1 and H2 are now) will be the Vision. ....but then I liked the Honda Pacific Coast and the Yamaha GTS 1000..so what do I know about taste. :o :nuts: :loco:

A few years ago the Victory factory demo truck came through Denver twice in one summer. I road nearly every model they have. Was very surprised that the one I liked riding the most was the Vision. But then George Jetson called wanting his bike back.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:39:35 PM »
My buddy was looking to replace the kawi 850SE he learned on. When he was considering the Big Harley and a new wife (who was a harley girl from he previous marriages) I got him on the Cross Country. He loved the room and the ride much more than the Harleys he had demoed and was sold.  Sorry to hear they are going under but he will be happy as he wanted to sell the Victory because the wife wants an Indian

If I was ever in the market it would be a really good time to grab the Victory. It is a great machine. Best balanced bike I have ever stood over.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 09:25:37 AM »
That's a shame.  Both my wife and I liked the look of the Victories (not enough to buy one though).  Liked the looks of the Indians as well (not enough to buy one though).  We have an Indian dealer in Fredericksburg.  We'll have to stop and look at them (but not buy one). and buy one.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:07:40 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 08:37:45 AM »
VA Jim, keep an eye out for the next demo day at the Fredericksburg Indian dealer. I went last year and rode them all. I really liked the Chieftain.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 06:07:01 PM »
Too late, already bought the Roadmaster....  :banana :banana
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.