Author Topic: My first drop  (Read 3371 times)

Offline potshotpanda

My first drop
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:10:11 PM »
Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I have joined the ranks of CDA.   I took a more roundabout, curvey route home yesterday and ended up following a bus carrying some summer school kids.   I was 3rd in line behind the bus, following a pickup truck.   In the middle of a small town with all sorts of witnesses, the bus pulled over to the side to let some kids off.   The pickup truck started to pass the bus and make a left turn, when 2 people (1 adult, 1 kid) came around the front of the bus to cross the road.   The truck stopped and I was caught off guard.  At about 0.0001 mph, I lost control of the bike and gently laid it down on the asphalt in front of all those witnesses.   Fortunately, I was able to pick her right back up, get her restarted (used the kill switch to turn it off immediately upon the laydown) and rode off into the sunset.   When I got home, I inspected for damage, gleefully finding none.   The left mirror, which needs to be tightened up, was the only thing that moved and was easily fixed.   
Jeff Poston, Fitzwilliam, NH
2006 Concours "Matilda"
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Offline CRocker

• Arena
Re: My first drop
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:54:20 PM »
Glad to hear you're OK!
'02 C-10

Offline booger

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »
It happens.  It's embarrasing.  But you and the bike are OK.  That's great. 

You will forget about it until it happens again. :-[

Offline timmerz

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 04:14:29 PM »
That's the best kind of down-age, except for the witnesses! Glad you and the bike came out of it cheerfully!

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »
wow ! you did not even got a scratch on those bags? I do not know about you guys, but those two bags stick out like some thick buns on a silver chick !
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14