Author Topic: On our way to Blue ridge Park  (Read 2062 times)

Offline speed545

On our way to Blue ridge Park
« on: May 30, 2011, 07:57:42 PM »
Trip will be in august. First two weeks. We re leaving from Montreal and we have 2 weeks in front of us.

We want to reach the blue ridge and spend around 2-3 days around there.
 We want to ride smooth and do around 300 miles a day.

We thought the first stop should be in the catskill, NY and then head up toward PA.

So we re open to suggestion on where to stop and beeing able to ride some nice roads.

We went  to Virginia camping in september for the last 3 years and we though Virginia should be a nice stop. Beside Virginia Beach (to many people in august  :-\) is there a nice beach place around there?

Should i worry about reservation, espacially at Blue Ridge?

I ll let you know as our plan goes on.

Thx for any inputs guys

Derry
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: On our way to Blue ridge Park
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 04:51:43 PM »
closest any beach is to the BRP is about a 4 hr sideroute...each way....
you want beach or BRP? pick one because both in the same day aren't an option. Sorry.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline speed545

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 07:17:01 PM »
Thx MOB

Starting to take form.

Will take 2 to 3 days to reach BRP from 81. Stick around BRP for the next 2 or 3 and then head south to Myrtle Beach or Charleston. Then will take it easy and cruise east through Cape Hatteras, Virginia Beach, Cape May, Catskill and and back to Montreal.

So question is: Do you know any point of real interest in that path? Someplace that nobody know s but with the WOWWWW factor.

Thx

08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline t2sfd

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 07:08:52 PM »
If you have the time while you're in the Catskills, you can head towards Marargetville near the Pepacton Reservoir. There's a great road around the reservoir heading out of Margaretville, NY Rt. 30 which will bring you back to Rt. 17 into Hancock, NY.

From Hancock you could take NY Rt. 97 down along the Delaware River to Port Jervis. Rt. 97 is a great ride down along the river. Once you get to Port Jervis you could slab it back I-84 to get you back to I-81 in Scranton, or for a more leisurely ride, Rt. 6 from Port Jervis back to I-81 near Scranton.

If you leave I-81 at Whitney Point, NY you'll be looking at about a 270 mile trip down to Margaretville, Hancock, Port Jervis and then back to I-81 in Scranton.