Marketplace > Wanted

WTB tubular handlebars adapter mount [FOUND]

(1/2) > >>

Tony Bullet:
I am looking for tubular handlebars adapter mount: would anybody have one of these for sale?

Could be Storz, Helibars, Murph's... But only the adapter, not the bars, because of shipping costs.
Thanks!

Just for info, I picked up these photos on the forum and on the net. For some I know the brand, but for others I can't find: any help would be welcomed:

#1 This one is sold at Murph's, but the image is not very good:

#2 This one seems to be the same as #1, but one can read "Heli" on it; however, it is not sold on Helibars website:

So does anybody know where it comes from?

Otherwise, the two following are on the market, but they are sold together with the handlebars, not alone.

#3 is the Helibars mount:

#4 is the Storz mount:

Anyway, they all seem to do the job (unless somebody has a comment?) and I would be pleased to find one.

Thanks a lot!

MAN OF BLUES:
best "bang for the buck$$' is the Murph model, had them on both of my C10's, no complaint, and the prices was nices...

Tony Bullet:

--- Quote --- the prices was nices...
--- End quote ---
$142 + shipping is not exactly what I call nice...Whip it!

MAN OF BLUES:

--- Quote from: Tony Bullet on May 25, 2020, 04:39:01 AM ---$142 + shipping is not exactly what I call nice...Whip it!

--- End quote ---

bike stuff ain't cheap anymore... I agree.. the Storz SB-025 mount is like $179 + shipping..

https://www.storzperf.com/pricelist.pdf

and to be honest, when Murph first released the mounts (Called KB mounts), I think I got them for a reduced "crash-test dummy" price, having the first sets made.(that, and we are good pals, along with Kevin Baker, the machinist that made them...)  but I loved them on both bikes, one I used Superbike Bend bars, the other I had Daytona bend, and both were extremely comfy..

Stasch:
I get that it seems expensive.  Here's another way to look at it.

I spent several years trying cheaper (and in retrospect, far less effective) alternatives to solve the big issues on my C10 purchased in 2003 for $4,900. 

I must have less than normal natural padding in my butt, and my head tilts forward already due to a childhood injury.  My rear end and my back between the shoulder blades were forcing me off my C10 in about 45 minutes, with the last 10 or 15 minutes of each session being border line painful.

The problems for me were the seat and handlebars.

After all the 'cheaper' messing around and wasted time, I finally got the big ticket items:  Good seat (Russell), handlebar adapters and extended brake lines to get a set of 7/8 in. bars that put my hands right where I needed them. 

Yes it cost some money, but it opened the door for ME to do multiple hour and all day runs, that the bike had been capable of all along.

Now when I ride an OEM C10, I am quickly reminded of the cramped, restricted and uncomfortable situation I put up with far too long.

The extra $$$ was well worth it for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version