Author Topic: Saw a British Carrier today off Norfolk, VA  (Read 1236 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Saw a British Carrier today off Norfolk, VA
« on: November 19, 2019, 02:46:49 PM »
Taking the long way around from VA Beach and saw it.  Very distinctive with two islands and a sloping deck.  I think it was HMS Queen Elizabeth.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Saw a British Carrier today off Norfolk, VA
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 03:02:44 PM »
Taking the long way around from VA Beach and saw it.  Very distinctive with two islands and a sloping deck.  I think it was HMS Queen Elizabeth.

You didn't even swing by to say "hi"!  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 03:15:25 PM »
The wife and I went down with some friends to VA Beach last night and then left early this morning.  Not much extra time unfortunately.  I should be down that way again soon though and will stop by.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 03:54:03 PM »
pics?

Offline SapperLdr

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 05:54:17 PM »
Living the dream in Arizona.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 01:00:53 AM »
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 05:26:46 AM »
Yup, she's prowlin' around that area.  8)
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hms-queen-elizabeth-sails-to-us-for-fighter-jet-trials

Wow- that is a long/informative article, describing the "programmmmmmme"!  Although, they don't mention Norfolk (VA) at all.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline O.C.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 07:53:50 AM »
There has been a series of documentary programmes regarding this ship on U.K T.V recently it is an extraordinary carrier, and has F 35 aircraft on board   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 03:18:53 PM »
Wow- that is a long/informative article, describing the "programmmmmmme"!  Although, they don't mention Norfolk (VA) at all.

that would be pretty clear if anyone knows the area... the docks are between Norfolk and Portsmouth... at least the ones big enough to moor that beast up...

from the sound of it, I'm thinking that Canada is looking for a carrier... as they don't have any... and with all the new money they are raking in from legalized reefer... they can afford one now... If they crimp the budget on Tim Horten's doughnuts and Poutine....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Canadian_Navy

Eh?

I think the Trailer Park Boys need backup, defending Hallifax....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..