Author Topic: Vista Cruise?  (Read 9605 times)

Offline mcman56

Vista Cruise?
« on: November 18, 2014, 01:34:10 PM »
Is the Vista Cruise control a throttle lock or more of an adjustable friction device?  I would like sort of a friction control so it could be made to work like old HDs or lawnmowers with solid wire for throttle.  Which model fits the 1999 Concours?

I have tried a cramp buster but pushing on the right handlebar to go right tends to roll on the throttle slightly and make the bike run wide on sweeping turns.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: Vista Cruise?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »
It is a throttle lock but the tension can be adjusted on it. If you set it too light it just goes back on it's own. If you set the tension just right it will hold the throttle in place and yet allow you to still twist it.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 03:38:56 PM »
I have both a Throttlemeister and this... http://www.omni-cruise.com/
The omni is a well made, easy to use piece.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 05:07:42 PM »
I actually have a throttle mister, vista cruise and a rostra on my bike. I had vista cruise on previous bike but I thought I'd try the throttle miester on the C14. Love the design and quality of the miester but the functionality of the vista cruise is much better. Instant on-off with the flick of the thumb. I have the rostra now but still use the vista cruise all the time for quick relief of my throttle hand.

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 06:39:29 PM »
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline Gottaride

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 08:14:16 PM »
I have used a Vista Cruise on a C10 from the get go. I like the way it's positioned. To hold it in place I initially I used 3M transparent not white double sided tape but that has a tendency to release or give a little bit and makes for tricky throttle setting. Following the advice posted on either COG or zggtr I used a tiny flat head screw #4 ?? flush to the side of the Vista Cruise pilot holing into the underside of the throttle cable housing easy peasy. That write up was a big help but damned if I know where it came from.  Since then it's been great.
1994 C-10 California model

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 07:46:36 AM »
Here is my installation. I believe that this is the hardware, although not necessarily the exact size:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_137868-37672-880977_0__?productId=3012646&Ntt=binding+screw&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dbinding%2Bscrew&facetInfo=

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 09:44:10 AM »
I did a similar thing as timsatx/others.

I rotated the Vistacruise "thumb bar" to what I think is a more convenient location.
Using this method, the Vista Cruise Thumb Bar is above the throttle rather than below it...
I have now used this method to install the Vista Cruise on 4 Connies.

I discovered that; the Throttle housing has an angle directly beside the start button that is "convenient" for attaching the Vista Cruise.
                           there is ample room behind that angle/point to insert a screw without removing the throttle housing.

I; removed the "foot" of the Attachment leg "L" as timsatx did.  The "L" became a "l".
    rotated the assembly until the "I" is in line with the angle on the throttle housing. (Thumb bar is now at the top instead of at the bottom)
    drilled a small hole thru the "I" and at the point/edge of that angle.
    countersunk the hole in the "I".
    trimmed off excess material from the "I".
    attached the "I" to the Housing by using a small (flathead) self tapping screw.
    reinstalled grip and I was done.

Ride safe, Ted 

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 09:25:24 PM »
And in case you wonder why the gap, that is to give the Vista Cruise room to move around and not bind up. That is only in the horizontal. The locking action is in the vertical.

Offline mcman56

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
I'm finally getting around to ordering but there are two versions, a Yamaha version and a "most" version.  Which one did you guys use?

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 07:15:16 PM »
Either will work. ( I get the 2 confused)
One (the Universal (I think) has an "L" attachment leg. (If installed as we did, the foot of the L has to be removed)
The Other (Yamaha (I think) has a straight "I" attachment leg that works as it is...

I just installed the Straight Legged Model (Yamaha (I think) on a C-1400.   
Cheap,,, Little more difficult to do, but it Works great!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 06:00:01 AM »
I just installed the Straight Legged Model (Yamaha (I think) on a C-1400.   

Did you get something new? ???
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 05:13:33 PM »
Yah, I retired in June and bought myself a brand new Retirement Present.
But, I had knee surgery right after I retired, and it had to set for a long time..

I wanted a throttle lock. Started to install a Throttle Meister.
But like the way a Vista Cruise works (and how little it cost) so I figured out how to install it on the 14...

Ride safe, Ted

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 07:04:55 AM »
Congratulations!  My wife just had her 12th left knee surgery in 15 years 4 weeks ago.  This was her third full replacement.  This one went very well - hopefully the last one.  If she was a horse, she would have been shot a long time ago.

Hi-jack off.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 07:46:25 AM »
Congratulations!  My wife just had her 12th left knee surgery in 15 years 4 weeks ago.  This was her third full replacement.  This one went very well - hopefully the last one.  If she was a horse, she would have been shot a long time ago.

Hi-jack off.
There's no need to call him names.  :rotflmao:

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 08:01:35 AM »
That was a good one.   :hail:

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 07:11:57 AM »
Late to the party on this one but I used the Universal version. I also use a Crampbuster. I have the wide one.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 03:39:19 PM »
There's no need to call him names.  :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I'll have to spend more time over here..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.