Author Topic: A ride report of one helluva tour of Northern Michigan  (Read 2685 times)

quiet and invisible

A ride report of one helluva tour of Northern Michigan
« on: July 21, 2013, 08:31:22 AM »
I recently met up with some friends in Silver City Mi (Porcupine Mountains) to take a tour of Northern Michigan. Instead of a ride report I made a video that tells the story. I hope everyone enjoys the video.
http://youtu.be/PFMqbQcbrcQ

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: A ride report of one helluva tour of Northern Michigan
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 09:43:10 AM »
 :popcorn: :chugbeer: :popcorn: :chugbeer: :finger_fing11: :finger_fing11: :finger_fing11:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline rwulf

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »
Great show!!! Your were in my backyard.
That should be a "Pure Michigan" ad.
rwulf

Offline Stasch

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 02:48:38 PM »
One question, did you look down through the metal grid on the Mackinac Bridge ?

OK, just noticed ya did at 9:00 or so.  Its fun to do.

Nice compilation - I recognize many of the spots and love seeing them every time.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline rwulf

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »
Just to give you something to think about. The bridge was closed for
3 hours last Friday I think due to a semi being blown onto its side by
a record 78 mph guest of wind.
Think about it.

quiet and invisible

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:57:21 AM »
Thanks all.
Of course I looked through the grates (cheese grater,) I always do. I live 25 miles south of the bridge. We met in Silver City. 3 people rode over from Minnesota, 3 people from the Grand Rapids area and 2 from the thumb area.
This is actually a compilation of everyone's pictures. Most are mine and wifeys but I cut them all in. I like to do a digital photo album, I'll burn dvds and send one to everyone that came along. This is out second year doing this trip, it's rare to find a group of this size where everyone gets along so well and I like riding with a variety of bikes. It looks like next year we are going to get one of those big cabins in the Smokies and take our group to the Dragon. I've been 4 times but no one else has been. Already looking forward to it.
Pure Michigan ad, that would be awesome. Of course i don't know if they want our kind of riff raff for advertising. :)

quiet and invisible

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »
Just to give you something to think about. The bridge was closed for
3 hours last Friday I think due to a semi being blown onto its side by
a record 78 mph guest of wind.
Think about it.
I saw that in our local paper. That truck driver must have had a load in his drawers after that. I thought to myself," holy smokes, I was riding real close to the right curb so wifey could take pictures of the kayakers as we rode over." I still remember when the Yugo went over and last year a girl that works at the same hospital as I do jumped off of the bridge. They never found her body. I've been on the bridge when you can't even hold your bike completely upright and my neck hurt like hades after crossing from just holding my head/helmet up. I don't care for that much.

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »
>>>SNIP<<< It looks like next year we are going to get one of those big cabins in the Smokies and take our group to the Dragon. I've been 4 times but no one else has been. Already looking forward to it.

This place, ( located about 2 miles from the Foothills Parkway in Townsend, Tn), worked great for our group of hooligans that went there for our spring trips in '03-'06;  http://www.smokymtgetaway.com/chalet.html
There were 13-14 of us & nobody shared a bed either! We were also able to park the majority of the bikes under the main porch to keep the tree sap/polen/rain off of them too.

Randy (the owner) rides also(well, he did when we were there & rode w/ us a time or two).  Real good people. 

'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

quiet and invisible

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 08:19:19 PM »
Thank you, I'll definitely check it out.