Author Topic: $15 oil filter  (Read 15643 times)

Offline CB Schmaltz

• FLY RIDE SKI SAIL
    • www.BuyNWProperty.com
$15 oil filter
« on: June 06, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »
Hello
does any one know NAPA or other oil filter company
that has a filter for the new Con 14
cycle gear wanted $15 for a filter
I recall there was a napa for the Gen 1 Con
BTW
AMA race in SLC was awwwwwsome
will try and go again next year
best regards from snowy Mt Hood
yep we go some fresh last night down to 4000 ft 8)
CB Schmaltz, Hood River, Or
503 806 1525
Connie 14, &  KLR best 2 bikes in the world.
Others in the stalls, VROD, WR250r,  Shadow Spirt, Versys 650, CRF250l, Vsrtom , 75 Z1B

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
Re: $15 oil filter
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 08:48:21 AM »
You're kidding, right?  First vehicle you've owned?  Never use the web before?  Don't know how to read the cross-reference books in the stores?
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 08:51:06 AM »
Amazon.com carries the KN 303 (that costs exactly 15 at cycle gear) for $10. http://www.amazon.com/KN-303-Motorcycle-Powersports-Performance-Filter/dp/B000E2CVIS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338994229&sr=8-1

Or the NAPA store guy can help you cross reference theirs at the store, they are quite common.

If you need more help, 'holler
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »
You do realize that we have a Wiki area for this type of information?

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=1650.0
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »
You're kidding, right?  First vehicle you've owned?  Never use the web before?  Don't know how to read the cross-reference books in the stores?

Really?? You could just point him to the wiki just as Jim did instead of acting all self righteous.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 09:10:40 AM »
Really?? You could just point him to the wiki just as Jim did instead of acting all self righteous.

That dude is just like that.  Must be unhappy about somethin'
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 09:17:17 AM »
Yes, really.

The OP's question was ridiculous for all of the reasons that I mentioned.  Nothing to do with self-righteousness.  There is nothing esoteric not difficult in buying an oil filter for a modern motorcycle.

And the chief clown's regular stupid and inane comments get really boring after a while.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 02:36:03 PM »
That's what this board is here for, to help others. About a year and a half ago I bought my first Concours, I got a lot of help here, I was on Gold Wings for 26 years and could answer just about you could ask about a Wing but I knew nothing about the Concours. Thanks to all the helpful people here I have learned a lot.
We are not all born with everything we need to know.
And I get my oil filters from my dealer, just a little over $9.00 with tax.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
Here you go -  http://bit.ly/KgHaJR
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline jaclaw

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 03:26:52 PM »
Yes, really.

The OP's question was ridiculous for all of the reasons that I mentioned.  Nothing to do with self-righteousness.  There is nothing esoteric not difficult in buying an oil filter for a modern motorcycle.

And the chief clown's regular stupid and inane comments get really boring after a while.

If you think a question is beneath your level of intellegence all you have to do is ignore it an go back to what ever important things you have going and just let the next person answer it.  Chill out.

Offline JerBear

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 03:31:21 PM »
As far as Jim sending him to the WIKI area that is a great resource he probably doesn’t know about ...Yet.
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 03:42:40 PM »
Fram all the way! :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 05:36:43 PM »
As far as Jim sending him to the WIKI area that is a great resource he probably doesn’t know about ...Yet.

That's (Wiki) an area that A LOT OF US MISS due to it being located outside of the bike model year section. I know, I know ..... there is a LINK! But with the Wiki at the bottom of the page, it doesn't catch my eye when something new has been posted in it. I do think that the Wiki section is a good thing. But it just doesn't get used as much as it should be because where it is located at on the web page.

Sorry folks. Rant over.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline rwilliamm

• 2012 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »
Yes, really.

Bad troll!
Nice job hijacking this thread and making it your own.
Guy was simply looking for some info out of fellow concours riders and you have made us all look like a bunch of jerks and made him feel like it was a mistake even to come to this forum.

Offline scooter

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
the napa gold number is 1358 hope this helps.

Offline quickwilly

• Meh
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »
Fram: PH6017A
K&N:  KN-303
Wallmart Supertech: ST7317

Wouldn't recommend Supertech 10/40 oil. Seems to make the top end a little more noisy. YRMV  ;) ;) 
2009 Connie
2000 ZX-12R

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 07:27:17 PM »
I am joking about the Fram by the way. ;)  Cant see how paying 15 dollars for an excellent OEM oil filter is too much, the owners manual even states to change it every other change "which I do".
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 11:09:42 PM »
I was shopping for a filter yesterday, armed with the Wiki and the VFR filter list (same filter) as well. But it aint easy anymore when you get to the store. hardly any of those numbers are still valid. All I could find was the Fram for 6.99 which is probably Chinese paper mache Junk or a Dueushbag (sp) Diamond Platinum Gold for 11.99. What happened to my trusty SuperTech for 2.88?
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 04:37:33 AM »
Please note that the Wiki area for the C14 is open for updates and if anything new crops up I usually add it in.  So far, nothing new has cropped up.  It's only as good as what the membership provides.  It is your Wiki area.  I just maintain it.

That's (Wiki) an area that A LOT OF US MISS due to it being located outside of the bike model year section. I know, I know ..... there is a LINK! But with the Wiki at the bottom of the page, it doesn't catch my eye when something new has been posted in it. I do think that the Wiki section is a good thing. But it just doesn't get used as much as it should be because where it is located at on the web page.

Sorry folks. Rant over.

That's wrong.  There's a hot link right under the C14 Accessory board.  Now it did have the word FAQ in it and there have been 4500 plus clicks on it (not all of them mine), so someone is looking at them.  To me, FAQ and Wiki are synonymous.  However, I did add the word Wiki to it so hopefully that will clear up the confusion some.

Fram: PH6017A
K&N:  KN-303
Wallmart Supertech: ST7317

Wouldn't recommend Supertech 10/40 oil. Seems to make the top end a little more noisy. YRMV  ;) ;) 

As far as I know, Supertech filters aren't available from Walmart anymore.

Bad troll!
Nice job hijacking this thread and making it your own.
Guy was simply looking for some info out of fellow concours riders and you have made us all look like a bunch of jerks and made him feel like it was a mistake even to come to this forum.

Clyde is not a troll.  He's been with us since the inception of the forum.  He tells it like he sees it.  Sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't .  Characters welcome here...for the most part.

As far as the general tone of a thread goes, it can waver like the heat waves coming off asphalt on a hot summer day.  Goes all over the place.  I think having a sense of humor helps in mitigating some of the comments made.  I am not immune.  I am the Rodney Dangerfield of admins.  It also helps to leave your ego away from the keyboard.  I make fun and others make fun of me.  It's up to the OP and other members to wade through the chaff to get to the real answers, but sometimes there aren't any unfortunately, and all you get is what you get.

If all you want is seriousness and short answers, this isn't the forum for you.  I am not the 'oldest' member here but I've been around since Aug of 07.  I'm still here even with all the shenanigans going on.  Made some good friends as well.  Take the forum for what it's worth (actually worth quite a bit if you take the time to read the posts) and enjoy yourself.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 04:56:34 AM »

Clyde is not a troll.  He's been with us since the inception of the forum.  He tells it like he sees it.  Sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't .  Characters welcome here...for the most part.

As far as the general tone of a thread goes, it can waver like the heat waves coming off asphalt on a hot summer day.  Goes all over the place.  I think having a sense of humor helps in mitigating some of the comments made.  I am not immune.  I am the Rodney Dangerfield of admins.  It also helps to leave your ego away from the keyboard.  I make fun and others make fun of me.  It's up to the OP and other members to wade through the chaff to get to the real answers, but sometimes there aren't any unfortunately, and all you get is what you get.

If all you want is seriousness and short answers, this isn't the forum for you.  I am not the 'oldest' member here but I've been around since Aug of 07.  I'm still here even with all the shenanigans going on.  Made some good friends as well.  Take the forum for what it's worth (actually worth quite a bit if you take the time to read the posts) and enjoy yourself.

Well said Jim.    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn