Author Topic: Women of Concours  (Read 21086 times)

Offline tomp

Re: Women of Concours
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2015, 10:29:04 AM »
Great pics.  BTW, how many ladies are on this site?  I only know of Nicole, but don't go to every section or thread here.  Just curious about C14 riders.  Seen tons of ladies ion cruisers/Harley's, but few on sport or touring bikes. . . tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2015, 03:40:43 PM »
Great pics.  BTW, how many ladies are on this site? I only know of Nicole, but don't go to every section or thread here.

I would like to know too.  She is the only one I have heard of on these forums.

Just curious about C14 riders.  Seen tons of ladies ion cruisers/Harley's, but few on sport or touring bikes. . .

That should not be surprising.  The C14 (and other sport touring bikes) is a tall, heavy, and big bike- which is not the demographic that most women would go after.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

sailor_chic

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2015, 04:17:42 PM »
Beautiful pictures Marty! Now I really want to go to Big Bend.

I'm okay with being the token female on here :)
As far as the demographics of the bike,  yes it is a big tall bike, almost to tall for me. But when I was looking for bikes, I wanted something sporty, with luggage and fast! I need my speed fixes.
It's kind of funny when I take my Vmax out and people usually comment on  a woman on a Vmax, and I look at them and tell them that's it's my small bike. The looks and remarks are priceless!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:58:31 PM by sailor_chic »

Offline tomp

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2015, 04:41:19 PM »
I looked for a picture of the token female, but didn't find one.  This is what I currently resemble, with my twin, Big Foot.  I'm too old to be embarrassed, so where is your pic?  Not on a bike with FF helmet, but maybe one in your uniform.  I respect all those who have and are serving our country... tomp

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2015, 05:58:03 PM »
I looked for a picture of the token female, but didn't find one.  This is what I currently resemble, with my twin, Big Foot.  I'm too old to be embarrassed, so where is your pic?  Not on a bike with FF helmet, but maybe one in your uniform.  I respect all those who have and are serving our country... tomp

I agree! Here's me.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2015, 06:05:38 PM »
Wow, two dudes show up in the 'Women of Concours' thread. Do I need to start to worry if I'm on the right Forum?  :rotflmao:

Offline tomp

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2015, 06:09:52 PM »
I agree! Here's me.

Trying to upstahe me? ;D ;D.  Looks like you are 30 years my junior.  What's the other Kawi?  I have a Ninja 650R, too, as well as a couple of others. 

Offline tomp

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2015, 06:11:08 PM »
Just funnin' you.  Wish I was young again... tp

Offline tomp

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2015, 06:17:09 PM »
Wow, two dudes show up in the 'Women of Concours' thread. Do I need to start to worry if I'm on the right Forum?  :rotflmao:
Us handsome guys are just trying to draw out the ladies with our great looks.  You bold enough to let Nicole, et al, know what you look like?

sailor_chic

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2015, 06:46:25 PM »
I guess it's time to put a face with the name.
Hope I don't scare you with this pic of me in my pink hardhat.  It was taken today!

sailor_chic

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2015, 06:49:19 PM »
Here's me at home

Offline tomp

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2015, 06:51:59 PM »
in perspective...

Offline tomp

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2015, 06:56:23 PM »
You look great, both shots!!  Thanks for sharing.  Now I know with whom I am sharing posts.  I maybe old, but not blind.... tomp 

sailor_chic

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2015, 07:01:08 PM »
Thanks Tom.  That's the best I can do with the pictures. I'm laying in my bunk right now, using my phone.
Age is only a number, so stop worrying, you look good!

Offline tomp

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2015, 07:04:38 PM »
You are aboard ship right now?  You Navy or Coast Guard?  FWIW, I cannot get on the water.  Very bad middle ear problem, and watching pirate movies on TV makes me sea sick.  tp

sailor_chic

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2015, 07:23:00 PM »
Yes I am. I work in the civilian side of the industry. We're currently in Tampa, in drydock for regulatory repairs and inspection. So yes, that was me today, standing under the boat.
It's not to often that I get to see it from that vantage point,  so I've been walking below daily. We're suppose to come off the blocks tomorrow and of course the office wants us underway ASAP. Being that I'm the lead person on deck, I have my hands full making sure everything is getting done, correctly. These shipyard guys have finally accepted that a woman is running the show and she knows what she doing.

Offline tomp

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2015, 07:27:18 PM »
These shipyard guys have finally accepted that a woman is running the show and she knows what she doing.

Good for you. Have a great time at sea.   tomp

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2015, 07:29:16 PM »
I guess it's time to put a face with the name.
Hope I don't scare you with this pic of me in my pink hardhat.  It was taken today!

I'm impressed!  Not many people can walk on the ceiling of a drydock!
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2015, 07:32:24 PM »
Trying to upstahe me? ;D ;D.  Looks like you are 30 years my junior.  What's the other Kawi?  I have a Ninja 650R, too, as well as a couple of others.
That's my Buddies 14, I had an 08 SE at that time. The 650 is his 'ol lady's bike. I just went to botophucket and found a pic of myself. I should've found a better one, but that's what I came up with in a hurry.
BTW, sticking with the title I got stuck with, My 'ol lady was rocking a FZ6R at the time. She rides too. Like a girl. :rotflmao:
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2015, 07:40:21 PM »
Over on the V-Strom forum, www.stromtrooper.com, they have a special women's section, "Strom  Sisters", that us men are supposed to stay out of, but they manage to invade semi-regularly (with good intent).  It's for things like advice on riding apparel that fits women, women-centric rides, riding advice from one woman to another, etc., etc.  I wonder how a women's section would go over here?
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.