Author Topic: My other current bikes  (Read 4211 times)

Offline m in sc

• Polluting Rockhill with 2 strokes for decades.
    • 2 stroke world
My other current bikes
« on: October 29, 2020, 01:31:41 PM »
per request, other current bikes i have right now.

sorry, no GT750's (never cared for them) or Bridgestone 350's. (yet)

72 T500. was a basket case. did everything including rebuild the crank myself.  excuse the ugly tail bag, was on for just that day. Mechanically stock.

survivor 70 R5. (actually built in 69, serial#002000) just had seat redone correctly. 'barney'. Getting forks rebuilt this winter. mechanically stock.

1967 kawasaki C2TR, less than 1800 miles. original survivor, stock.

1974 RD350 base, lc hybrid with 4l0 cyls, ported by scott clough. Putting down around 65-70 HP depending on day and ign tune. nothing is stock.  Too much to explain, but its pretty nasty. Can ride all day though, dead reliable. Again, did all the work myself, including the cnc'd stuff (aside from the porting).

my lightweight RD350. 4130 custom frame (no i did not weld this one) but did design it from a foale style layout.

frame geometry is stock. 243 lbs wet, full of fuel. LOTS of titanium hardware. even the front fender, made on a wheeling machine by my friend david.

Its probably the lightest street legal RD in the world.  approx 50 HP.

1st year grom with suzuki LT250R quadracer motor. I bought bike new, hot rodded it till the rod broke and swapped in a 2 stroke last year. Yes, its a riot. and again, very useable, midrange power all day long.

71 G3SS with cr85 motor , kriedler race faring and all sorts of weird upgrades. this is the ONLY bike right now that's down, needs a rod bearing. no big deal, will swap out this winter.

my friend Nathan on it at deals gap 2 yrs ago.

and now the 4 strokes:

2014 gladius. this was a theft recovery bike i got, for free, to teach my GF to ride on. its OK, but pales in comparison to a 1st gen.

2014 CB1100 and my 62 Falcon, and Angie.

and the 2 C10's. ;)

those are all current, running, registered, etc. well, except the G3, but thats an easy fix.

I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
Re: My other current bikes
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 01:47:54 PM »

Nice collection.  The Grom must be a hoot.   :chugbeer:

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 02:50:59 PM »
thanks, its is very fun.

Ive had kaw triples and cbs and all sorts of the usual fare, but i really like the rd twins, particularly the air-cooled base ones. I had a really nice rz as well but basically got bored with it.

I got into it all kind of late, didn't get my 1st bike till i was 20, and i'm 48 now. But have had well over 100 bikes (running riding) over those years.  Love me some projects.  ;D
I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 05:13:59 PM »
thanks, its is very fun.

Ive had kaw triples and cbs and all sorts of the usual fare, but i really like the rd twins, particularly the air-cooled base ones. I had a really nice rz as well but basically got bored with it.

I got into it all kind of late, didn't get my 1st bike till i was 20, and i'm 48 now. But have had well over 100 bikes (running riding) over those years.  Love me some projects.  ;D

So, what do you do in your spare time?
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 05:27:37 PM »
Product engineer at a valve/actuation house (M.E. by trade) :rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 07:59:21 PM »
I like the white auto but can't make out the make and year.

What part of SC are you in?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 08:04:57 PM »
The caption on the photo says '62 Falcon.

I like the white auto but can't make out the make and year.

What part of SC are you in?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 08:29:13 PM »
Rock Hill.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 07:02:02 AM »
That's right.  I now remember you saying that.  We lived in Camden for about 7 years.  Both of our daughters were born there.  I worked for IBM out of Columbia.  That was back in the late 70's early 80's.  I think I got as far north as Winnsboro.  They had a tire plant there at the time.  I can remember a tornado going through there and got to see the aftermath.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 10:54:34 AM »
That is a lot of nice machines you got there. How long have you been amassing these bikes?

I wish I had more than 2 at a time. I don't have a garage  :'(

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 11:15:38 AM »
per request, other current bikes i have right now.

WOW, I'm glad I made the request. Great collection! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Looking at the side cover over the carb' and rotary valve on your '67 Kawasaki reminds me of my much inferior
'66 JT1 85cc first bike. I purchased it from an Alden's Catalog for $200.00. Lost it to a angled head on collision
with a '61 Pontiac that crossed the center line on a city street. Replaced it with a '68 Bridgestone 350 GTR, it
was quite an upgrade for me. Wish I had that Bridgestone still, but I traded it for a Husky when the motocross
bug bit me. Currently I have a garage queen '76 Water Buffalo. It's a heavy sucker but I reasoned that living in
Texas I'd be better off with a water cooled Suzuki 750 than an air cooled Kawasaki 750. I was happy to see a
H2O'flo finish the Iron Butt Rally a few years ago.

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 12:28:16 PM »
Thnaks!

If i was in Texas id have to agree.

you talking about 'iron butt' Allen Wood? hes a friend of mine actually, known him for many years. Heck of a nice guy.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 12:54:50 PM »

you talking about 'iron butt' Allen Wood? hes a friend of mine actually, known him for many years. Heck of a nice guy.

No I'm not but I'll look him up. I think the guy's name is Jerry Anderson. Pictured below in the white shirt working on his bike in the parking lot.

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 01:03:01 PM »
name rings a bell, pretty sure hes been to the annual 2 stroke meet a some point over the past 21 yrs. (ive been to every one).

very cool indeed. 

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2020, 01:37:39 PM »
latest acquisition, 72 R5 i used to own, bought back. sold it in 2006? i think.

This pic is from when i previously owned it. Note the restored 71 next to it.

its been sitting since '15 or so so needs attention. 1st up, as per usual, carbs.  so it begins...

and cleaning the tank and battery.