Author Topic: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package  (Read 127922 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package
« Reply #260 on: August 02, 2012, 08:38:39 AM »
It was this last May. The car was a 2012. Must have been enough diesel still in the tank to make it work. We drove it from Mont Saint Michel to Rennes airport, almost 100 km. That was the closest Hertz.

I'm surprised that the Hertz people didn't go over the use of diesel in that car with you before you two dove off with it. Filling a diesel Jetta with gas can lead to a bill in the area of $6k (stealer repair price).
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #261 on: August 02, 2012, 08:55:09 AM »
I'm surprised that the Hertz people didn't go over the use of diesel in that car with you before you two dove off with it. Filling a diesel Jetta with gas can lead to a bill in the area of $6k (stealer repair price).

They said nothing about diesel. Nothing in any of the paper work. They didn't seem to care about it when we brought it in.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »
Hey Chet!

Did you see the 'recall' on diesel Jettas?

Seems folks need some extra stickers on their cars to keep them from putting gas in their diesels.

VW is sending these yellow things out.

I didn't get mine but I wish they would hurry the heck up! Where are my stickers, I COULD PUT GASOLINE IN MY TANK AT ANY MOMENT!
Nice!  Only cages I have left burn diesel.  Heck, the wife even managed to use the GREEN hose :o

Offline Conrad

« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2012, 08:50:15 AM »
I clayed my Sportwagen for the first time yesterday after a good wash. After the clay I waxed her up. Damn, that Reflex Silver sure does shines up NICE!     8)

My arms and shoulders are sore today, that's a lot like work you know?    :o
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:47:05 AM by Conrad »

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2012, 09:24:16 AM »
No good can come from this, methinks.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2012, 09:46:39 AM »
No good can come from this, methinks.

I beg to differ Jim. 80% chance of rain today and 70% chance for tomorrow. We're WAY behind on the rain (although you couldn't tell by my ride home from work on Thurs when I got soaked to the bone, only 20% chance that day) so I did my part, short of doing a rain dance and no one wants to see me dance...    :o

Seinfeld - The Elaine Dance

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2012, 11:02:37 AM »
 :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #267 on: October 23, 2012, 08:25:09 AM »
Short update.  Just got the 20,000 (20,800 actual) mile service done.  Still loving the car.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #268 on: October 23, 2012, 08:31:47 AM »
Short update.  Just got the 20,000 (20,800 actual) mile service done.  Still loving the car.

And the dealer used the correct 507 spec oil?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #269 on: October 23, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »
No idea.  SWMBO dropped it of and picked it up.  It has become her car :(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2012, 08:54:24 AM »
No idea.  SWMBO dropped it of and picked it up.  It has become her car :(

Lots of dealers have been using the incorrect oil for these cars when doing the 'free' oil changes.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #271 on: October 23, 2012, 09:08:15 AM »
I hate that when that happens.  I've essentially lost the Prius to the wife and I'm stuck with the Rav when I need a car to travel in....  So much so that I've ordered a new radio for it.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #272 on: October 23, 2012, 09:32:14 AM »
I hate that when that happens.  I've essentially lost the Prius to the wife and I'm stuck with the Rav when I need a car to travel in....  So much so that I've ordered a new radio for it.
I shoulda seen it coming.  With the sole exception being the C14 each and every new vehicle has ended up being hers.  If she gets her MC endorsement I'm getting a lawyer ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #273 on: October 23, 2012, 09:38:41 AM »
I guess the same thing has happened with our Jetta. My wife drives it most of the time but that's because I'm riding my bike.

Once the bike gets put up after the roads turn to crap around here, I drive the Jetta. My wife and I commute together since her workplace is right on my way to work and we work the same hours, I just drop her off and pick her up. We did this for a short time using the bike but she said that the helmet messed up her hair.  :P

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #274 on: October 23, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »
I shoulda seen it coming.  With the sole exception being the C14 each and every new vehicle has ended up being hers.  If she gets her MC endorsement I'm getting a lawyer ;)
Probably cheaper to just buy another C14.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Son of Pappy

« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
24000 miles.  Still loving it.  Mileage has dropped to low 40s with the cooler air.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2012, 04:55:01 AM »
We're still loving our JSW too. It's coming up on a year and around 9k miles time to change the oil. I'm too anal to take it to the dealer for my 'free' oil change, so I'll be doing it myself to make sure that it's done right. 

Offline julianop

« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2012, 02:18:51 PM »
Got 11,500 miles on my 2012 Passatt TDI, bought in August. I absolutely love it to death. The only thing I didn't like was the "beep" of the horn when I locked the door, and I found that that feature can be turned off. Still in love.
Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2013, 07:00:09 PM »
Just started looking into the tdis again and found a couple nice deals on Passats.
Price: $27,255 Sale Price: $23,555
Price: $27,290 Sale Price: $23,590
I'll check and see if the prices are legit and check them out.
Joel from Maine.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2013, 07:22:57 PM »
As much as I love the Jetta, the Passat is that much better.  Looking forward to reading about your new car :)  I do warn you, you won't ride as much when the weather turns sour, the mileage is better with the TDi.