Author Topic: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package  (Read 127924 times)

Offline Scaffolder

Re: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package
« Reply #520 on: December 15, 2016, 04:52:42 PM »
Interesting. I still have my 2015 Passat tdi. I went in to the dealer for an informational seminar. I think we ate $450 worth of food, soda, and donuts. lol.
It was interesting. They showed us their newest offerings. lol. All these tdi owners aren't looking at the gassers, but they tried.
I learned that I can pretty much part out the car and as long as it still can drive itself in to the lot, it is worth the buyback offer as long as you stay within the mileage allowance. Any mile above is about $0.07 per mile. Not too bad considering.
I am not in too much of a hurry. I have until September 2018 to do the buyback or the fix. That will give me time to figure out whether to do the buyback or the fix. They are not sure yet if the buyback money is taxable, or if you might get a 1099 in the mail from VW.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/d4a6e31b-ca65-3060-84b0-d9a6b7d73f0a/volkswagen-dieselgate-could.html
Joel from Maine.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #521 on: December 15, 2016, 05:31:27 PM »
Boy, that would be a hoot!  A double kick in the pants.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #522 on: December 16, 2016, 05:16:47 AM »
Interesting. I still have my 2015 Passat tdi. I went in to the dealer for an informational seminar. I think we ate $450 worth of food, soda, and donuts. lol.
It was interesting. They showed us their newest offerings. lol. All these tdi owners aren't looking at the gassers, but they tried.
I learned that I can pretty much part out the car and as long as it still can drive itself in to the lot, it is worth the buyback offer as long as you stay within the mileage allowance. Any mile above is about $0.07 per mile. Not too bad considering.
I am not in too much of a hurry. I have until September 2018 to do the buyback or the fix. That will give me time to figure out whether to do the buyback or the fix. They are not sure yet if the buyback money is taxable, or if you might get a 1099 in the mail from VW.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/d4a6e31b-ca65-3060-84b0-d9a6b7d73f0a/volkswagen-dieselgate-could.html

I'm not sure why there is a question of the buyback money being taxable or not. If you sold a car to an individual would that money be taxable? No, same thing here.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #523 on: December 16, 2016, 05:43:52 AM »
Buyer will pay sales tax in ILL-inois.

Offline Rhino

• Arena

Offline Conrad

« Reply #525 on: January 26, 2017, 10:45:41 AM »
Another 'rogue' programmer or the same guy from VW with a new job?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #526 on: January 26, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »
A guy's got to make a living.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #527 on: January 26, 2017, 06:24:58 PM »
I suspect there would be others added to the list if they got real serious about looking at more live data vs the dyno runs.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #528 on: March 10, 2017, 05:10:38 AM »
Just when we thought it was over...

$350 more? (according to the e-mail I received) I'll take it!    :)

https://www.boschvwsettlement.com/en

A $327.5 million settlement has been reached with Bosch, the supplier of the emissions software that was installed in some 2.0-liter and 3.0-liter Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche diesel vehicles. The Bosch Settlement follows similar settlements with Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche (called the “2.0-liter Settlement” and the “3.0-liter Settlement”, or together, the “VW Settlements”).

The Bosch Settlement is in addition to the VW Settlements and provides additional compensation to vehicle owners, former owners, lessees and former lessees, including reseller dealers, who filed or will file approved claims in the VW Settlements. The Bosch Settlement also provides the opportunity for compensation to VW Class Members who opted out of or who are otherwise not participating in the VW Settlements.

If you filed or choose to file a claim in the VW Settlements, you do not need to file a claim in the Bosch Settlement. If your VW Settlement claim is approved, you will automatically receive a check in the mail from the Bosch Settlement.

If you do not file a claim in the VW Settlements, or if you chose to opt-out of either or both of them, you still can file a separate claim in the Bosch Settlement.

If you have excluded yourself from the VW Settlements, you can still file a claim in the Bosch Settlement until August 15, 2017. If you are an Eligible Seller and missed the Identification Deadline in the 2.0-liter Settlement, or if you are an Eligible Former Owner and do not file a claim in the 3.0-liter Settlement, you have until May 1, 2017 to file a claim in the Bosch Settlement. If you do not file a claim in either of the VW Settlements, you can still file a claim in the Bosch Settlement until December 31, 2019.

Please Note: The following diesel engine vehicles (“Eligible Vehicles”) are included in the Bosch Settlement:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #529 on: March 10, 2017, 06:29:20 AM »
My Ducati has a Bosch ECU. I've been told the fuel map for the dealer installed Termignoni (spelling?) exhaust was built into the ecu and is dealer activated by code. I wonder it it meets the EPA requirements or if they, like Harley, are claiming it's only for track.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #530 on: March 10, 2017, 07:23:39 AM »
Did you get a special RED KEY with the Duc?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #531 on: March 10, 2017, 08:23:06 AM »
Let's see. $350 is just about what Steve's evo flash costs. Coincidence? I think not.  :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #532 on: March 10, 2017, 08:35:30 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #533 on: March 10, 2017, 03:05:11 PM »
Did you get a special RED KEY with the Duc?

Actually yes. It's the equivalent of the passive FOB on the C14 and required if you loose your FOB to be able to register a new FOB with the ECU. But the Duc has a nice feature. You can register a pin code that can start the bike. You still need a real key to open the gas cap and the bags but the pin code can be used to ride the bike indefinitely. So I'm having another key cut to hide on the bike just for the gas and bags. That way I can be on a trip and loose the FOB and still be able to ride and wait until I get home to get a new FOB.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #534 on: June 03, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »
They are allowing the VW diesels to be sold again. I am going to buy 2 2015 Passat TDIs and make them do the buyback of my current 2015 Passat TDI. Pretty interesting programs out there right now. $5,000 off and 0% for 6 years. One dealer actually gave me $7,000 off.
Joel from Maine.